PDA

View Full Version : Raspberries

Mila's Mommy
07-18-2001, 12:05 PM
Mila has just descovered raspberries.

I had a bowl of them last night while I was watching TV. I went into the kitchen to get a glass of water and came back to find her stealing a few from a bowl.

Is it okay for her to eat them? :)

wolflady
07-18-2001, 03:13 PM
As far as I know, I'm sure they won't hurt kitties. I always find it humorous when cats eat things like that. I never thought it would taste good to them. My friend's cat, Sage, just LOVES raisins!!! She actually likes them better then those Whisker Lickens and other cat treats...which is ok for my friend. She just buys a box of raisins and gives her cat a few as a treat! Believe it or not, my old cat Socks loves asperagus!! Now, that's a strange craving!! LOL LOL :D

tatsxxx11
07-22-2001, 07:58 AM
So far my kitty's Oliver and Mr. B have not discovered the yumminess of raspberries; but my dogs have! I don't they are harmful as such. But I know with my dogs, that sometimes the tiny seeds can be irritating if they get caught between their teeth. One of my dogs actually has sneezing fits fro the seeds when she eats them!

AmberLee
07-24-2001, 04:27 PM
Sorry, off topic here, but I've just been reading some of the writings of Katherine Mansfield and also some bios of her. Shortly before she died, she had a pair of pet cats and she was fascinated by how cute their little paws were. She apparently went on and on about how their little paws looked like fur covered raspberries. I'd never thought of that, but scoped out my fur-babies paws and they do, sort of. Any way, I get a little laugh whenever I see the title of this thread. So, thanks for the laugh. ;)