PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting signed Bookplates From Anne McCaffrey!

Aspen and Misty
09-07-2004, 12:55 PM
YAHOO!!

Anne McCaffrey is a famouse author who wrights a series on the Dragon Riders of pern. She is my fav. author. I named Jaxom, my rabbit, and "Sharra" my foster rabbit after charactors in her book.

She is going to be signing and sending me 3 bookplates!! :D

I can't wait for them to come! The best part is that they are FREE :eek: :eek:

Yes, I'm cheep, LOL.

I think this is so kool though! I'm so exited!!

I had to share!
Ashley

PS: Can anyone help me come up with a dragon name, please!

RICHARD
09-07-2004, 01:33 PM
Totally cool.

While not as neat as official bookplates, I have some correspondence from one of my fave authors, Dale Brown.

Authors who take the time to reply to requests from their readers are few and far between.

Karen
09-07-2004, 01:36 PM
How cool! She is one of my, my dad's, my sister's and my sister-in-law's and my sister-in-law's Dad's favorite authors!

Aspen and Misty
09-07-2004, 02:04 PM
Richard - It so sad, but true.

Karen - I can't wait for her son Todd's book to come out, Dragon Blood

http://toddmccaffrey.org/books/dragonsblood.html

I am also looking to getting Dragon Holder, the book Todd wrote about Anne's life.

http://toddmccaffrey.org/books/dragonholder.html

Ashley :D

AmberLee
09-07-2004, 05:22 PM
Wow, that's neat. I've read and re-read the first 6 in the Dragonrider/dragonsinger series, but can't keep up with the latest ones. :p

I'm so excited for you. Did you just request them, or were you in a contest or something?

Aspen and Misty
09-07-2004, 05:29 PM
No, I went to her web page and looked around and found this on her FAQ page :)

http://www.annemccaffrey.org/faq/index.html#13

13) Q: Would you autograph some of your books for me?

A: Past experiences with the postal systems here and abroad have taught me, the hard way, that it's no longer wise to accept reader's own copies of my novels for autographing. In fact, I broke my own rule some months back and agreed to sign six first-edition copies of my books for a charity auction. The books were sent via an international courier service but nonetheless arrived sodden and completely ruined. Sadly, I couldn't replace those editions as they're impossible to find. BUT! I have arrived at a compromise. <Grin> I've had specially commissioned bookplates printed that I would be happy to sign for you. The plates can be affixed to the inside flap or title page of the novel, or simply kept as a bookmark or memento. If you'd like a signed bookplate please click on mailto:[email protected]

Gigi (Anne's Daughter) wrote me back saying they costed nothing and that I could have 3 for free :)

So, that is my "big secrete" on how I got them ::tee hee hee::

Ashley :D

ramanth
09-07-2004, 05:59 PM
That is very cool Ash! I met her last year at Dragon*Con and she and her son Todd were back in Atlanta this year for Dragon*Con.

I'm a huge Pern fan myself...hence my username. ;) :D

Aspen and Misty
09-07-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
That is very cool Ash! I met her last year at Dragon*Con and she and her son Todd were back in Atlanta this year for Dragon*Con.

I'm a huge Pern fan myself...hence my username. ;) :D

I'm not speaking to you now..............

;) That is SO unfare! I want to go to Dragon*Con next year and meet her! She seems great.

I know how big of a fan you are, and I love your usernaem! How did you come up with your dragon's name? I've been trying to think up a name for mine. I dont' know if you are crazy like the peole on the Fan Club board I belong to, but what color is your dragon and do you have a Pernese name?

Ashley

clara4457
09-07-2004, 06:27 PM
Oh - she is one of my favorites as well. I have read all her books from the Pern series, the Dinosaur Planet Series, the Powers that Be series and the others. The only series I haven't ever read is the "Ship" series. You are very lucky to have such a lovely keepsake from her.

And Ramath - I am very jealous that you got to go to Dragon*Con.:D Hope you had a great time.