PDA

View Full Version : I think Hanna is sick

boscibo
09-07-2004, 06:37 AM
Hanna hasnn't been eating her canned food since yesterday AM. She also turned down cheese (usually her favorite) and a drop of crem. She did eat a small piece of diced ham and some Temtations. She puked once yesterday and when I woke this AM she was puking again (nothing came up).

I will call the vet this AM and since I only have class until 10:30 this morning I'll try and get her in then.

I am so worried, she usually eats everything with gusto.

Laura's Babies
09-07-2004, 06:45 AM
Awe! Poor Hanna is under the weather. Little warm fuzzy prayers sent up for her. Keep us updated please.

catmandu
09-07-2004, 09:03 AM
The Found Cats,pray,that the White Coats,find out what is wrong,and Hanna,is Happy,once more!

sirrahbed
09-07-2004, 10:19 AM
aww! Poor Hanna! Hope the white coats can find something very minor and easily treated. Get well baby!

kimlovescats
09-07-2004, 10:48 AM
Hanna probably just is having a bit of a tummy ache .... try not to worry too much .... though I know that is easier said than done!;) Please keep us posted on the vet visit! Sending prayers and good wishes!

Kim

boscibo
09-07-2004, 11:17 AM
I'm taking her to the vet in about 5 minutes. Jeff said she threw up again this morning after I left. :(

I am so worried, she's my baby cat. I'll let you know how it turns out.

jenluckenbach
09-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Best of luck with sweet Hanna. Prayers for a smple answer.

NoahsMommy
09-07-2004, 12:09 PM
Good luck at the vet, Hanna.

Hope they can make you all better soon.

K & L
09-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Good luck. We're still going through this with Hazel. Let us know!

boscibo
09-07-2004, 01:29 PM
We're back. They did an X-ray and some bloodwork. The X-ray didn't show anything weird (I was worried she swallowed something) and her bloodwork was normal. I couldn't bear to leave her there so I waited while they did it. She had a 102 temp, so I got an antibiotic (Clavamox) and an anti-inflammatory (metronidazole). On the X-ray there was an enlarged area of her large intestine that the vet said looked like gas.

So we really don't know what is wrong, but she did eat 5-6 Temptations treats after we got home. If she isn't better (still vomiting) tomorrow we'll have to do the barium thing.

I think I'm going to put her in one of the bedrooms with her own litterbox and food/water and see if she eats/poops.

catcrazylady
09-07-2004, 01:57 PM
Feel better soon baby! It sounds like you have a bug and I hope the meds take care of it soon.
Prayers on the way that this is all it will take.

rg_girlca
09-07-2004, 07:30 PM
Poor sweet Hanna. I hope the medications take care of whatever ails you.

Get well soon.

AbbyMom
09-07-2004, 08:14 PM
Prayers for Hanna! Get better soon!

lizzielou742
09-08-2004, 08:57 AM
Get well soon Hanna girl! Please feel better!

Vio&Juni
09-08-2004, 10:47 AM
Oh, Hanna girl, get well sooner. We are all worried about you.

She's always been one of my favorites, because she looks like Juni

NoahsMommy
09-08-2004, 03:23 PM
How's our little Hanna doing today?

NKBurlington
09-08-2004, 03:46 PM
Thinking of you and your baby!

boscibo
09-08-2004, 06:29 PM
Thanks for all the kind words. She hasn't improved much, but I have been giving the medicine so maybe it needs some time to work. Regardless, I'll bring her back in to the vet's tomorrow. She's still not eating and she's not herself. I thought she was doing better because I didn't see any vomit, but I came home from school tonight and found some by the litter boxes. I'm not positive it was from her, but for now I will assume that it is.

She's still pretty alert, she comes at breakfast and dinner time and acts like she wants to eat, but after I put the dishes down she walks away. She's been looking out the windows at birds and I caught her chasing a fly indoors, but not with as much enthusiasm as is normal for her.

I'm really bummed about this. :( I want my baby to get better. She slept with me under the covers all night last night. Usually she'll go to sleep under the covers when I go to bed, but by morning she's up and about. Last night she was there all night.

auggie
09-08-2004, 07:17 PM
Cat’s normal temperature ranges from 100.5 to 102.5.
Sounds like she has an upset tummy and the anti- inflammatory medication could upset her stomach even more. Ask your vet about an anti nausea shot.
I had the same problem with one of my cats before and all tests’ came up normal.
After getting the shot she felt better instantly and started eating again.

Get well soon, Hanna!

kimlovescats
09-08-2004, 07:21 PM
Hang in there Meowmmy and sweet Hanna. Just like with us hoomans, it can take a couple of days for the medicine to start working! Thanks for the update, will be anxiously awaiting better news for Hanna!;)

catnapper
09-08-2004, 07:44 PM
I'm sorry to hear that she is still feeling under the weather. I hope the meds help her soon. Like Kim said, sometimes it takes a few days to feel better. Headbumpies and purrs to speed your healing sweet Hanna!

boscibo
09-08-2004, 07:55 PM
Auggie, I'll ask the vet about that. it's not an excessive amount of vomit, just one spot, but it still has me worried.

I gave her the meds tonight and just started bawling. She hates it so much and I feel so bad forcing them into her when she isn't feeling well. I do have issues, don't I? :rolleyes:

auggie
09-08-2004, 08:23 PM
Boscibo, I know you’re worried! I was frantic, when she wouldn’t even eat her favorite treat. I tried force feeding her with a syringe which made her vomit.
Like you I was bawling my eyes out. It is frustrating when the vet can’t tell you what’s wrong. I got to see another vet when I took her back the second time and she was the one who gave her the anti- nausea shot which made her feel better.
Don’t worry too much about the vomit unless there is blood in it.
Good luck and keep us updated!

Lucky's Maw Maw
09-08-2004, 09:20 PM
I hope you get to feeling better, Hanna! Upset tummies upset all of those around. I can only feel for your Meowmmie. I am just the Maw Maw of Lucky but he does live with me instead of my son, and I would go CRAZY if he were to be sick like that!

We will say furry prayers for her and I just told Lucky to meow his for Hanna! Get Well Soon Hanna!

sirrahbed
09-08-2004, 09:27 PM
awww:( Poor baby Hanna PLEASE get to feeling better soon.
(((((HUGS))))) to your Meowmie too!!! I know how awful it feels to have a sick baby - just so helpless feeling and I cry too!

boscibo
09-09-2004, 06:22 PM
:D :D :D :D

She's better! I took her into the vet today, they wanted to keep her for an hour to sedate her for more in-depth palpitations, and to do another x-ray. The vet called and said the x-ray had shown some food in her stomach :confused: (maybe she ate some dry food when I wasn't looking) and they wanted to keep her a few hours to see (via x-ray) if it moved through...and it did. So I picked her up and they said they got her to eat some canned A/D, so they sent some of that home with me. I fed her tonight and she ate it all up! And they said to discontinue the meds ( :D ) in case it upsets her tummy.

This makes me so happy! I was so worried she had swallowed some string or something. Whew.

jenluckenbach
09-09-2004, 06:40 PM
What a relief! (now we need pictures ;) )

Lucky's Maw Maw
09-09-2004, 06:47 PM
That is GREAT news!! I am so glad she is better and off meds is ALWAYS better than on meds. Keep up the good work.

boscibo
09-09-2004, 06:55 PM
Here's a couple pictures I just took:

I got her to strike a pose!

http://home.comcast.net/~flaroe/090904_hanna2.jpg

She is probably still a little grumpy because I had to leave her at the vet's today.

http://home.comcast.net/~flaroe/090904_hanna.jpg

auggie
09-09-2004, 08:18 PM
OMG, Hanna is gorgeous!
I'm so glad she is feeling better and eating again.
:)

Lucky's Maw Maw
09-10-2004, 12:23 AM
Oh what a beautiful Lady she is.....and she doesn't look grumpy!
She looks like a furshion model....all stretched out saying....."Ok Mom....get the camera snapping while I pose for you....and don't delay. I just might get bored!!!!

So glad she is feeling so much better and all seems to be on the mend.

Get you some rest and let your nerves calm down after all that worry.

jenluckenbach
09-10-2004, 05:07 AM
Hanna, you have a very sweet face and a very rubbable tummy. :D

carla and mike
09-10-2004, 05:27 AM
I'm so happy she's feeling better.She's a very beautiful cat.
extremely pretty.I would of been worried too.Sometimes they just get better on their own.Maybe a tummy bug just like what we get.Hope she continues eating the A/D food with no problems.
it may feel better in her stomach.My KiKi throws up a lot.He's a nerve ball though and I told the vet I thought it was a stomach ulcer.He's been throwing off and on for most of his life.He's 15.
Next time I'm at the vet I'll ask for some A/D food.Sounds like it helps with sour tummys.I'm surprised my vet didn't mention it.

boscibo
09-10-2004, 09:02 PM
I am very happy to report that Hanna is back to her normal self 100%. :) For awhile I thought I was being a little over paranoid again, since the vets didn't find anything obviously wrong with her. But she was dehydrated and got sub-q fluids, and she lost some weight from Tuesday to Thursday.

This has been a bad summer for me pet-wise, with my dear Bandit's passing and sweet old Bo's hyperthyroidism and later his 11 day trip to the faraway vet for the cure. I am so afraid of losing anyone else.

lizzielou742
09-10-2004, 09:14 PM
I'm glad she's back to normal!! :D :D :D

rg_girlca
09-10-2004, 09:36 PM
I am so glad to hear beautiful Hanna is feeling much better.

I love those pictures of her. She is such a gorgeous cat.

Kisses and headbumpies to you sweetie and keep well.

Miss Meow
09-11-2004, 12:09 AM
I'm so glad to hear she's better.

She's such a beautiful cat :)