PDA

View Full Version : Hot Burners

Pam
09-11-2000, 01:37 PM
My 22 lb. tabby, Trevor, has taken a liking to napping on top of the refrigerator lately. For about 2 weeks now he has had most of his naps up there. He jumps from the floor to the stove to the refrigerator top. I have an electric stove so when the burners have recently been used they stay hot for a while. If I have to be out of the kitchen after using the burner I have been turning a pot or baking pan over the top of the burner to prevent him from getting burnt in case he decides it's time for his nap. Anyone else out there have this problem or any other ideas on this....

dogncatluvr
09-11-2000, 04:47 PM
Hi Pam,

I have burner covers for my stove burners. One of my cats loves to sit on the stove when it is still warm (not hot). So I bought burner covers to protect her, if she ever got too close.

Pam
09-12-2000, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the tip Dogncatluvr. I guess that's sort of what I was doing with my upside down baking pan and pots (sort of making my own burner covers). Being metal I guess they hold the heat a little too, but it would be nothing like stepping onto a hot burner. I'll have to pick some up. My sister-in-law's cat jumped on the top of her wood stove once. Glad I don't have one of them! I worry enough about my kitties as it is!!