PDA

View Full Version : ill cat

pickles
08-27-2000, 08:33 AM
a friend of mine has a cat that has suddenly lost a great deal of weight, actually he's nothing but bones, will not eat, although when you go to the kitchen he meows for food but won't eat it. he's a older cat. she has no money for vet, he has been vomiting, and some trouble breathing. i'm sick over this i just found this out yesterday. they really aren't knowledgeable enough to really have a cat & they have three. is there anyone that knows if there is a place that will care for the medical cost at at dicount rate, i have 4 myself that i continuely keep regular visits etc. and are in good health, but can't afford the full expense of taking another one on, but can help at disounted rate. if so please post answers to my reply. i can't bare to see this poor little thing wasting away, he needs medical attention asap.
thank-you
kathleen

Karen
08-27-2000, 03:37 PM
Please try any nearby verterinary schools, and call your local SPCA, as I am sure they will both have answers/suggestions for you. I have friends whose beloved dog became terribly sick, and they took Tucker to the Tufts Veterinary School in Massachusetts. Tucker died very quickly, but they found the people at the school very helpful, and the school ran tests to figure out why he died, which was important to my friends, as they had other dogs they worried about. I don't know what schools are in your area, but it would be a good place to start, at least.