PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Horses (or w/e they are called!)

Aspen and Misty
09-06-2004, 12:19 AM
OWW!!

For those who don't know what Charlie horses are...

Charlie horses are cramp that occurs when the muscle locks in the contracted position causeing leg pain . When the muscle is irritated, it cramps to protect the area of difficulty. People who overuse their muscles during the day sometimes wake up at night with cramps

I got one early this morning and it hurt So bad! It happened once, then again and then AGAIN!! UGHH!! So not only did I have to be hurt ONE time but THREE times :mad: :mad:

I'm considering chopping off my leg! It still hurt right now (it's night time now). If I leave my leg still for to long it will start to twitch and freeze up again. I'm so scared to go to bed cause I'm worried it will hurt me again :( :(

Anyone else get these? What do you do when you get them? I take deep breathes and scream ( :D ).

Ashley

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-06-2004, 01:06 AM
i sometimes get them in my leg when I'm sleeping. I usually jump out of bed really quickly and try walking, it usually helps but my leg is always sore the next day after I get one.

Cookiebaker
09-06-2004, 07:11 AM
I get them when I get dehydrated. So drink *lots* of water, and maybe that will help a bit.

I know how painful they can be, and I really hope you feel better soon!

Pam
09-06-2004, 07:24 AM
I can sympathize since I've had them too. I have also had them in my feet, right under the arch. I used to get them a lot when I wore high heels and fortunately I don't have to do that any more! Once I got a foot cramp on an escalator. Just like with leg cramps you really need to walk on them to get rid of the pain. I couldn't do that on the escalator because there were lots of people ahead of me. I sort of had to walk in place on that tiny little step. :rolleyes:

Corinna
09-06-2004, 07:41 AM
I get them lots a side effect of diabetes. Don't sleep with legs curled up ( cuts off blood flow) abd drink lots of fluids also check to see if you need more calcium. I have to take a supplement at night but not many leg cramps.

Aspen and Misty
09-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Thanx for the suggestions guys!!

Ashley :D