PDA

View Full Version : How do Christmas card swaps go?

teenster3
09-06-2004, 12:12 AM
I've heard people talking about this before but don't know much about it. How does that work? Do you only get certain people's names or do you send to everyone? I bet that is the ONLY way anyone will get a picture of my dogs!!!!:D HAHA..... I promise I'll figure it out someday. I'm so pathetic, I keep trying what everyone tells me to do & STILL can't get it. I'm sure when I do get it my computer will crash though....it's been doing a lot of that lately!:p
Tina B.

wolf_Q
09-06-2004, 12:16 AM
You send to everyone on the list and everyone sends a card to you. I've always had a few people that didn't send to me (not sure if it was the mail or personal reasons ;) ) but it didn't ruin the fun.

Some people buy cards, some people make cards...most people include a photo of their pets or something like that. It does end up costing quite a bit by the time you are done buying cards and stamps, but it's worth it in my opinion! :)

aly
09-06-2004, 12:18 AM
Yes, it usually costs me around $70, but that is because I get tons of copies of my pets' Christmas pictures and print them on nice paper, etc.

I always send to every single person on the list. It is SO MUCH fun!

micki76
09-06-2004, 12:28 AM
It's really, really fun. Seems like you get at least one card a day.

People get creative, but there are also a lot of regular cards with a pic of their pets inside. :)

I bought my cards at clearance time last year right after Xmas. My costs will mostly just be postage this year. ;)

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-06-2004, 01:08 AM
That sounds like so much fun! Hopefully my parents will let me participate, they haven't let me join the gift swap or anything else yet this year:rolleyes: Oh well, what can I do.

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-06-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Orangutango
That sounds like so much fun! Hopefully my parents will let me participate, they haven't let me join the gift swap or anything else yet this year:rolleyes: Oh well, what can I do.

I can understand your parent's concern. As Mom to 3 teenagers, I have to admit that I would be hesitant to let them exchange mail / presents etc with people that they had met online. Maybe you could get your folks to spend a bit of time browsing here, and also do a search for previous Christmas Card threads to show them - it may make them feel more at ease?

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-06-2004, 01:16 AM
I talked to them and they said they'd think about it. I do understand their concern though:)

lovemyshiba
09-06-2004, 10:34 AM
The Christmas card swap is FUN!!!!!
Last year I got so many cards I didn't even know what to do with them all--it was so fun getting the mail everyday!!!!
We have some very creative people here--beautiful cards--one even included cat hair:eek:

Mine are going to be more creative this year--I have been thinking about it all year, and getting some good pictures to put in:)

DogLover9501
09-06-2004, 10:48 AM
Wow that sounds like SO much fun!!! I would love to have Christmas cards from everyone :D :D

Jods
09-06-2004, 12:32 PM
OOOh I can't wait!!!!!! It's going to be soooo fun...

petslover
09-06-2004, 03:30 PM
thats awesome.I would like to get involved this year with it. Maybe I will get my pets to go on Santa's lap. I think Petsmart does that, don't they?