PDA

View Full Version : web tv

davidpizzica
09-05-2004, 04:03 PM
I use a Web tv system. It seems that I'm the only one using it. I call it the "poor man's internet" It hooked to my tv & vcr and a phone line. I would like to hear comments about it pro and con.

teenster3
09-05-2004, 11:33 PM
Hmmmm.....
I work with a girl who used to have it & it seemed to work ok for awhile. She has since switched over to regular use of a computer though. I think it was the time it took to look things up & email, etc. I'm not too great with computer stuff. My husband would know more about his subject. I'm just letting you know what I've learned. Matthew has us on DSL....I guess it's faster than regular.....who knows. All I really use it for is Pet Talk & email. Oh, and the internet too!;)

davidpizzica
09-05-2004, 11:44 PM
Teenster3, the display is on my regular tv screen (20 inch) and I can lay on the couch with my wireless keyboard and be on PT! True, there are alot I can't do on it, like scan pictures, but for the computer challenged, like me, I do pretty good!

trayi52
09-05-2004, 11:47 PM
I don't know much about it at all! So you don't have a mouse?

Willie:)

teenster3
09-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Cool, ok sounds like you have everything under control & know what's going on!!!!:D heehee
All I remember Mary saying is that it was so slow & that she would loose a lot of her e-mails!
I really don't know much more about it than that! Have you had a regular computer before?
Tina B.

davidpizzica
09-06-2004, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by trayi52
I don't know much about it at all! So you don't have a mouse?

Willie:) No, Willie, since everything is on screen, I have a fancy remote control and a wireless keyboard and lazy me can lounge on the couch and be on PT!