PDA

View Full Version : A new member in my family

DJFyrewolf36
09-04-2004, 09:17 PM
Well today has been wierd...

I went to a birdy show (fun fun fun!!!) and I entered a raffle for free reptile stuff (why there was a reptile guy at a bird show I dont know but since I have Dorian I figured why not?) Well I got home and got a call and the guy said I won...a ball python!!! John was skeptical at first but I picked him up and well...an emergancy trip to the pet store later we now have a new member of our household! Tomorow, when Salazar (hubby picked out the name, points for anyone who figures it out lol) is a little more settled in Im going to try and get some pictures of him. He is so pretty, he is a real nice copper color. :D I am so in love with the little guy. I never thought I'd ever get a snake but...well then again I never thought Id get a kitty either. :D :D :D

flamepony12
09-04-2004, 09:29 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :D THAT IS SOOOOOO KOOL!!! LUCKY YOU!!!! KEEP US UPDATED!! :D

DJFyrewolf36
09-04-2004, 10:41 PM
Well look who came out for a photo! This isn't the best but I didn't want to sujbect poor Salazar to the icky flash too much.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/DJFyrewolf36/MVC-031F.jpg

Honkers36
09-05-2004, 01:03 AM
yey and she went with me I spent all the money on my kids and she wins the prize. go figure.:eek:

DJFyrewolf36
09-05-2004, 04:04 PM
:P mom lol

micki76
09-05-2004, 11:36 PM
Oh, he's gorgeous!

I was at Petco today and they had like, 8 in a tank. They were so active and adorable! :D

wolf_Q
09-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Very nice looking snake! Personally, I don't think that it's a good idea to be giving away live animals in a raffle! Sounds like he ended up in a good home though!

p.s. Isn't the name from Harry Potter? :)

DJFyrewolf36
09-06-2004, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Very nice looking snake! Personally, I don't think that it's a good idea to be giving away live animals in a raffle! Sounds like he ended up in a good home though!

p.s. Isn't the name from Harry Potter? :)

Yes, he is named from Harry Potter. And I agree, it IS bad to raffle off live animals...but I didn't even know he was a prize. The sign said grand prize win so much off of an order from thier feeder store. I really was in it for mealworms for my leo gecko lol. But, I couldn't turn him down because he was in kind of cramped quarters and I was afraid of what would happen to him had someone who has never encountered them before had gotten him. Don't want to see a critter suffer :)

flamepony12
09-06-2004, 10:52 AM
Wow he is a lot Smaller Than I expected! LOL

Aspen and Misty
09-06-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q

Agreed. It's not a good idea to raffle off animals, but boy did this guy come out of this raffle with the best deal! He gets a loving home with someone who I know will spoil him!

Just look at him! He is amazing!!

More pictures please :D

Ashley

lute
09-06-2004, 02:45 PM
what good luck to win a new family member..........that sounded funny...it's like winning a brother or a mom.lol:D

cute pic!:D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-06-2004, 02:59 PM
Cute snake!!! :D I'll babysit! :D

DJFyrewolf36
09-07-2004, 09:07 AM
Well Flamepony, he is just a baby snake. Acording to what I read, he can get up to 4'.

Thanks for all the complements :D Although I think the only thing on Salazars mind is that nice warm patch under his heat lamp!

lizzielou742
09-08-2004, 09:55 AM
Cool! I like his name. I'm glad he got a responsible owner like you! :D Emergency trip to the pet store indeed!! :eek: :D

We want to see more pictures when you get a chance! :)

trayi52
09-08-2004, 10:08 AM
Salazar was very lucky he ended up in your home! I think you were lucky too. He is beautiful, and I love the name, it really suits him!

I agree, I am looking forward to more pictures too!

Willie:)

wolfie
09-08-2004, 11:36 AM
I agree, I don't think it's a good idea to auction off live animals - but I'm so glad you got him. He's going to have a great home now! And he's very handsome! :D

Teehee, Salazar Slytherin. :p So is Remus named from Harry Potter too? I always wondered that. ^_^

DJFyrewolf36
09-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Actually Remus was named from Star Trek Nemisis (From the planet Remus, next to Romulus) In Roman Mythology Romulus and Remus founded Rome but Romulus killed Remus after Remus was being a show off :rolleyes:

Concidering Remus is Mr. Show off...I think the name fits :D

As soon as I get more disks Im going to get a few pix Mr. Slytheren, hopefully with his favorite hooman (My hubby, Mr. "We are NOT keeping a snake, NOT NOT NOT" lol)

I find it funny, John was so against getting anything that slithers and now those two are unseperable. Sometimes I think he dotes over Salazar more than he does me :rolleyes: Silly men.