PDA

View Full Version : My little man is in the hospital again:(

anna_66
09-04-2004, 08:30 PM
It started this afternoon. I went to take of his belly wrap to let him out around 1:30 and OMG his leg was giant! It looked like he had a softball lodged in his upper left leg. Of course I called the vet and she said to come right down and give him some benadryl in case he had gotten a bee sting or something. I took two quick pictures before we left of his leg. You can't tell from the way he's laying quite as much as you can when he stands, but he couldn't stand well enough for me to take it then.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/P9040001.jpg
and this is his leg and foot swelled
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/P9040002.jpg
of course like I said it doesn't look half as bad in the pictures as it does in real life:(

The vet gave him a shot of epinifrin (sp?) and a benadry. He had a temp of 104 and his breathing was pretty heavy and so was his heartbeat. She said if he didn't feel better after a couple hours to bring him back into the office.

I went to work because Mark was here to keep an eye on him but everyone (including Mark) told me I should be at home. I figured there must be a reason everyone was saying that so I went home and sure enough Mark called while I was on my way and said the vet told him to bring Angus back in.

Poor old man, he couldn't even walk:( We had to use a towel under his hindquarters and I picked up his front part and we carried him to the car. His foot (on the swolen leg) kept bending under...like he had no control over it. So we put him on the big sheet in the back of the durango and when we got there we just used it to pull him out, then Mark and Dr Walker carried him into the office.

She put in an IV because he was a little dehydrated and she wanted to give him some antibiotics. She also gave him a mild sedative to "take the edge off" and so she could do an X-ray. Of course, she didn't see anything in it so we really have no idea what is wrong (she also checked to see if there was any fluid in it but there wasn't):confused:

She said after she talks with the other two vets there she will give me a call and let me know if he can come home or not. I'm just hoping it was a bad reaction to a sting or something. Whatever it is please pray he is fine and gets to come home tomorrow.

He was sleeping (or should I say "out of it") when we left so I know he will be snoozing good tonight. I'll update when I find something out.

Anna

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-04-2004, 08:34 PM
Poor Angus:( I hope he feels better soon:( we'll have our fingers and paws crossed here for him, hopefully it was just a bee sting and nothing too serious:( Please update us when you can and when Angus get's back please give him a hug for me.

wolfie
09-04-2004, 08:36 PM
Oh no, poor boy!

I'm no expert, but sounds like a reaction to a sting to me...

Get well soon Angus!

chocolatepuppy
09-04-2004, 08:40 PM
Poor Angus :( Thoughts and prayers coming his way.

dappledoxie
09-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Poor Angus, I will be praying everything is ok. Hugs Angus!

jenfer
09-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Oh Angus, you will be in my thought. Get well soon!!!

DogLover9501
09-04-2004, 08:53 PM
Oh Anna! I was so scared to open this thread :(

I hope Angus feels better soon, and I hope you find something out soon, and I hope he can come home tomorrow!!

I will definatly be thinking of him and waiting patiently for updates.

I know theres so much more I want to say/ask, but I am a bit worried, and got a bit upset just by the title of the thread.

Please update us as soon as you can, Anna!! {{Hugs}}

Cookiebaker
09-04-2004, 09:06 PM
Oh Anna! How frightening it all must be. I am keeping Angus, and you and Mark in my prayers, and hoping that he gets better real quick!

{{Hugs}}

KYS
09-04-2004, 09:09 PM
Dear Anna,

I can see how swollen his leg is from
the picture.

Please keep us updated.

Sending so many good thoughts
for Angus to get better.

dukedogsmom
09-04-2004, 09:19 PM
Anna, I'm so sorry. I'm crying as I type this. I just got your thank you card today. Angus, please get better for your mom and dad and all of us at PT. I want to come see you in November and give you lots of lovin'. Please, tell him how much Duke and I love him and want him well. I hope they find out what's wrong and can cure it. This on top of the hurricane is just about too much.

Dogz
09-04-2004, 09:24 PM
Oh no. Poor, poor, Angus.

My thoughts and prayers and with him. I hope that everything works out well.

I hope that he can come home tomorrow. :(

gini
09-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Anna, many prayers are being said for sweet Angus.

I just pray that it isn't anything serious!

micki76
09-04-2004, 09:35 PM
Oh, Anna. :( Poor, sweet Angus. I hope and pray it's just a reaction to a sting or bite.

I wonder if it could be infected from a cut or scratch? Chester gets infections from licking his feet and his paws have swollen to at least twice their normal size on several occasions.

Please try get some rest and update us when you can.

You'll be in my thoughts.

shais_mom
09-04-2004, 09:43 PM
Oh Anna this just breaks my heart.
God, please wrap Angus in your loving healing embrace and let him come home to Mommy and Daddy tomorrow......
We of course will be thinking of you as always.....

would it be ok if we checked in with you tomorrow?

jazzcat
09-04-2004, 09:46 PM
Anna I'm so sorry. Poor Angus. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

micki76
09-04-2004, 09:56 PM
I just remembered that you took Angus with you & the girls to the dog park a couple of days ago. I wonder if he got scratched by something or stuck by something and it's festering? Or if he picked up something infectious there?

Just worried and thinking out loud. :(

Aspen and Misty
09-04-2004, 10:01 PM
OMG Anna I'm so worried about him. Look at that leg. I hope it gets better soon and he is back to himself again.

Poor guy :( you will be in my prayers tonight.

Ashley

Karen
09-04-2004, 10:10 PM
Poor Angus! Oooowwwch! Hope he's okay, and that it was something minor.

senorita02
09-04-2004, 10:27 PM
Oh poor sweet Angus, Anna me Face and Senorita will be praying for Angus to get better, im sure everything will be fine, i know how hard and scary this sort of thing can be, please let us know how things go, GOOD LUCK .
:)

trayi52
09-04-2004, 10:30 PM
Good thoughts and prayers coming your way and to Angus, also.
Get well soon, Angus, and come home soon!

Willie

aly
09-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Sweet Angus will be in my prayers tonight. I hope he can come home first thing tomorrow morning!

anna_66
09-04-2004, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by shais_mom
would it be ok if we checked in with you tomorrow?
You bet it would be! I'd be more than happy to hear from you all:D
I don't know if you have my # so I'll pm it to you.

micki, the neither Mark, I or the vet could see any place/scratch on him but he could have picked something up. Thank goodness the girls are doing fine, but of course they are alot younger than him too and it would be so much easier for them if they did get something. I guess that's one of the reasons I'm so worried (although Mark tells me not to worry, he's going to be fine!)

Val, please don't cry. I know you are going through so much with the hurricane coming and don't want you worrying about my boy (even though I know you still will;) and I appreciate your concern)

Thanks everyone, I don't mean to scare you all or anything I just wanted my friends to know how my boy is doing.

Holly's mom
09-04-2004, 10:45 PM
Sending prayers and good thoughts to you, sweet Angus! I hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

RobiLee
09-04-2004, 11:14 PM
You already know how I feel about you and your family, Anna. I'm keeping you all in my thoughts and will see you tomorrow.

I love ya, Angus. I'm saying prayers for you tonite. You get some good sleep and feel lots better in the morning so that you can come home. I'm hoping that you are already home by the time I get there. Hugs and kisses sweet boy, from your Aunt Robin ;)

Love, Robin

lovemyshiba
09-05-2004, 12:34 AM
I'm sorry sweet Angus is under the weather:(

He will of course be in my prayers tonight.

Please feel better sweetheart--we all love you

manda99
09-05-2004, 03:19 AM
No! Poor Angus! Please give him a hug from me and a lick (or butt sniff ;) ) from Smokey.

-Amanda

primabella
09-05-2004, 06:53 AM
Oh Angus, you poor boy. :( Sending some prayers and good thoughts your way.

I hope it isn't anything too serious.

Cincy'sMom
09-05-2004, 07:47 AM
Poor Angus!!! I hope he is feeling better today and will get to come home!!

We'll miss you today! Spot wondered if Debbie could bring Huney, but when I explained what was going on, he agreed if one of his sister's was sick he'd want to stay home and make me feel better...He just said Keegan better watch out ;)

Big hugs to you and all the puppers. Get well soon Angus!

cloverfdx
09-05-2004, 08:02 AM
Oh Anna i am so sorry to hear Angus is not feeling well again, i hope the Vet can find out what is wrong and start treating it.

You will all be in my thoughts and prayers. Takecare {{Hugs}}.

:(

shais_mom
09-05-2004, 09:22 AM
Yes, Anna I have your home phone programmed in my cell phone.
So we will give you a call later.
Still thinking and praying for you.

Albea
09-05-2004, 09:27 AM
Sweet Angus, we are sorry you have problems with your leg, but hope that with all our prayers and good thoughts you'll be well soon.

pitc9
09-05-2004, 09:56 AM
Oh Anna, I am so sorry to hear about Angus...

I know today is the Findlay meeting... so I don't know if we'll be getting an update from Anna until later tonight!

heinz57_79
09-05-2004, 10:17 AM
Angus, Angus, Angus... You really need to stop worrying your mom so much, handsome! :) Hang in there, big guy, and get well soon!! We're all thinking about you, and want you home without the new "friend" on your leg.

Anna, how's he doing? Any updates?

CamCamPup33
09-05-2004, 10:28 AM
Oh no.. :(

Angus stop worrying us so much!

I'm praying for angus.. ((Hugs)) Get well soon angus!

Amber

K9soul
09-05-2004, 10:46 AM
Oh Angus :( I can only echo the feeling that I hope and pray it is something minor that some medicine or treatment will help clear up. I know you must be worried sick, we all know how dearly you love him. Angus will be in my thoughts and prayers, I hope with all my heart you are able to give us a good update soon. {{hugs}}

bluekat
09-05-2004, 11:20 AM
Oh no..:( Poor Angus..

I'm so sorry to hear about that Anna{{hugs}} I'll be praying and keeping him in my thoughts:) Don't worry, I'm sure he'll be alright very soon. Keep us updated!

CountryWolf07
09-05-2004, 11:26 AM
Aww! Poor Angus! I hope things are okay.. will send good thoughts to ya!! :)

popcornbird
09-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Oh, poor Angus. :( Get well soon boy!

*LabLoverKEB*
09-05-2004, 12:08 PM
Oh, Angus, honey! Get well soon baby, please! I worry way to much about you! I really hope it's nothing serious.:( I will keep Angus in my thoughts and in my prayers. Get well soon, bei beautiful boy!:)

anna_66
09-05-2004, 12:14 PM
Well the vet called this morning and I went down there to see him. He didn't get all excited to see me like I was hoping he would:( But the good new is he ate (KayAnn fed him:)) and drank alot of water.

The vet says he thinks that him knocking his elbow everytime he lays down has somehow caused an infection and since he's taking the prednisone his white blood count is down so his body isn't able to fight it like it should. So they are giving him a different kind of anitbiotic today hoping that will clear it up. The swelling has went more into his foot because of the fluids they are giving him so it's more swolen than before. He said that he isn't out of the woods yet:( Just hope his body is strong enough to fight it off.

Please, Please, Please keep praying for him.

GoldenRetrLuver
09-05-2004, 12:18 PM
Oh Angus. :( Get well SOON!!

I hope the new antibiotics fix the problem. :( We'll be thinking of him!

ChrisH
09-05-2004, 12:24 PM
Thinking and praying for dearest Angus.

Chris

DogLover9501
09-05-2004, 12:26 PM
I was waiting for an update!

I'm sort of at a loss for words, still worrying, I keep typing a few words and then forgetting what to put after them!

I will definatly keep thinking of Angus, and hoping that his body can fight off the infection, He is very strong!!

It's nice to hear that he ate and drank.

Please update whenever you hear something!

Glacier
09-05-2004, 12:35 PM
I hope he's better soon.

Which anti-biotic is he on? Hobo had something similar happen when he was recovering from the wolf attack. He ended up with a big infection in his elbow. We used a combination of antibiotics to prevent the infection from getting into the bone. He didn't have the added problem of the prednisone though.

Get well soon, Angus.

Dogz
09-05-2004, 12:41 PM
Oh, sweet Angus. Keep fighting, good boy. :( Get well, soon!

CamCamPup33
09-05-2004, 12:48 PM
Glad to hear an update, but not glad to hear it's not a better one.. :( Your in our thoughts Angus and Anna.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v12/AmberLynn/gwsa.jpg

momoffuzzyfaces
09-05-2004, 01:28 PM
(((HUGS)))
Aw, Angus, sweetie, prayers are on the way that you feel lots better real soon! Pst... have your mawmee give you a kissie on your sweet head from me, ok?

countrycowgirl
09-05-2004, 01:40 PM
OH NO!!.....Anna I am so sorry that I haven't posted sooner I just saw this...please get better sweet angus boy please!!....you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers and I really hope that he is feeling better soon....please keep us updated.....get well soon Angus!!

Logan
09-05-2004, 01:41 PM
Anna, I'm so sorry that I am only now seeing this. I was too preoccupied with my own fiasco yesterday to do much else.

I certainly am keeping Angus in my prayers, and you too. I'm so glad KayAnn was there with you to spend some time with Angus and feed him.

We love you, Angus!!

Logan, Honey, Lilly, Murphy, Zipper and our visitor, Bernard :)

lynnestankard
09-05-2004, 05:25 PM
Oh dear Anna and Mark - I've been missing this week-end and as I was going to go to bed - I suddenly had this urge to log on to PT.
How glad I am that I did.

Poor Angus - lots of soft {{{{Hugs}}} for you sweet boy - flying across the miles to hopefully start you feeling a lot better.

Keeping you in my prayers - don't you worry - just Get Well Soonxxxx

{{{Hugs}}} for you too Anna and Mark xxxx

Lynne

micki76
09-05-2004, 05:37 PM
Lots & lots & lots of good thoughts for you, Mark, & Angus.

I'm sure he's going to be fine, he's strong. :)

tatsxxx11
09-05-2004, 06:01 PM
Oh Anna and Mark. My heart sank when I read the news about your little man Angus:(:(:( I want you to know that everyone in my family, human and furry, is hoping and praying with all our might that our precious Angus boy will rally and fight this infection. He just has to! We want you home dear, beautiful Angus. Anna, if you can, give him a gentle hug and his on his head for me. Angus, all of your Pet Talk aunties and uncles love you so much. Please get better. With love, Sandra, Junji, Cody and Star.

KYS
09-05-2004, 06:27 PM
Thank you for the update.

I pray that the new antibiotics will work on
Angus. AND ANGUS sweetheart,
you just have to fight off
that infection before it gets any worse.
Good news that he is eating and drinking.

Keep the updates comming.

Sending lots of speedy get will wishes and hugs.

Karen and the fur gang

robinh
09-05-2004, 06:41 PM
OMG, I don't know how I've missed this post over the last couple of days. I've only been online for a short time each day.

Anna, prayers from the babies and I are coming your way. Hoping the Angus fights the infection and comes home soon to you, Mark and the girls.

Cataholic
09-05-2004, 06:55 PM
Oh, Angus! Prayers for you that the infection turns around. Hugs to your mom, dad and the two girls.

Pam
09-05-2004, 07:05 PM
Anna I was on PT a couple of times earlier today and never saw this until now. I am so sorry that your boy is so sick. I was hoping that when you wrote the update it would say that he was back home. I hope tomorrow brings some good news. (((Hugs))) to you both and Mark too.

LorraineO
09-05-2004, 07:35 PM
I havent been on at all,, just saw this,, poor baby,,,,, hoping he will be ok,,,,, Hang in there Angus!!!

ComedyDevil
09-05-2004, 07:43 PM
Oh Angus you poor boy! Prayers have been sent that you feel better real soon. Keep fighting ok? We love you Angus!

Anna, hugs to you, Mark, Roxey and Huney. Try not to worry, he's a fighter, I'm sure he'll pull through. Its a good sign than he's eaten and drunk. Give him a hug and kiss from me. :)

LoudLou
09-05-2004, 08:20 PM
Anna, Mark, Honey, Roxey, and ANGUS....
We'll be keeping you all in our prayers and send warm Get Well thoughts to the Angus.

LOUD Louie, The Beans and Family.

captain
09-05-2004, 08:47 PM
Dearest Anna and Mark,
You both know of my undying LOVE for your darling Angus, I pray for him, but also for both of you.

I truly hope that this is something that is fixable with the antibiotics he is on, and that he will bounce back to his lovely, studly self soon.......

Love to you both, and to precious Huney and Roxey .....

Love Michelle

anna_66
09-05-2004, 08:57 PM
This is Kay on Anna's name.
Hope she doesn't mind that I'm on it :p I didn't want to sign out just in case she didn't know her password or something.

We went to see him again tonight and he drank a little for us.
I'll let Anna update if she wishes. :)

I'm so glad to see that boy but I wish he was in better conditions. He's such a fighter though and such a strong boy that I know he'll get to his normal self in no time.

anna_66
09-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Anna just asked me to update......

When we went to see him this evening, He wasn't as well as he was at our morning visit.

One of the vets is going to stop before she goes home and is going to call if there's anything emergency wise, if not she will call in the morning.

Like I said he's such a strong boy and such a figher he will be fine.
Just send a little extra thought his way... we all know how PT prayers work. :)

Cincy'sMom
09-05-2004, 09:20 PM
Sorry to hear the update isn't better :( Hang in there Angus. You're a big strong guy and weknow you can fight this!

Hugs to all!

chocolatepuppy
09-05-2004, 09:34 PM
More prayers coming your way Angus.

dukedogsmom
09-05-2004, 09:39 PM
Sorry to hear he's not better. Makes us all sad. I pray he gets a lot better and can come home soon. We look forward to seeing that sweet boy again soon. Hugs to you, Angus.

wolf_Q
09-05-2004, 10:28 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about Angus. :( I hope that he will be able to get through this soon! I'll keep him in my thoughts!

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-05-2004, 10:55 PM
I am so sorry to hear that he isn't doing much better:( :( Angus is such a sweet boy, I really hope he's going to be okay! Fingers and paws are still crossed here for you guys:(

Rachel
09-06-2004, 06:07 AM
Add my concern to those already expressed by the others. What a crisis this has been for Angus. I only hope that like the passing of the hurricane, this crisis will pass as well and Angus can recoup to enjoy the tender loving care of his parents and companionship of his siblings once again.

We love you, Angus. Please get well.

clara4457
09-06-2004, 07:00 AM
Sending many healing prayers your way for Angus. I know how worried you and Mark must be. Angus sweetheart - get well soon.

Kfamr
09-06-2004, 08:34 AM
Anna and Mark just left to see Angus again...
Lets hope she comes back with good news. :)

One thing that really made me giggle is last night with Robin, Anna, Mark and I went to see Angus, Anna tickled his feet and he moved them around. :p

robinh
09-06-2004, 09:18 AM
More prayers for Angus to get well and come home to his loving family.

cloverfdx
09-06-2004, 09:39 AM
More get well wishes and prayers on the way for dear Angus. I was hoping for much better news. :(

{{Hugs}}

Canis Amicus
09-06-2004, 09:45 AM
Oh Angus, my toughts are with you and your family, boy!
Hope you get better soon and come back home.

Love and prayers.

Rosana
and
Rex

molucass
09-06-2004, 10:04 AM
Sending lots of doggie kisses and hugs to Angus, Anna, & Mark!

I hope that precious boy will be ok! *HUGE HUGS*

--Cori & the girls--

dukedogsmom
09-06-2004, 10:21 AM
Please don't give up, Angus. We love you too much. Many hugs to you, sweet dog.

lovemyshiba
09-06-2004, 10:36 AM
Still praying for you dear Angus!!!

Please get better soon.

DogLover9501
09-06-2004, 10:40 AM
Sorry to hear he isn't any better :( Im still thinking of him!

I hope we get some better/good updates soon!