PDA

View Full Version : bin Laden to be caught soon?

the gryphon
09-04-2004, 08:01 PM
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040904/D84T2OUO0.html

If this turns out to be the case will it affect the election? He wasn't mentioned at the RNC, and I honestly don't know.

Pam
09-04-2004, 08:08 PM
Well wouldn't that be nice. I hope they find him in worse conditions than they found Saddam. Sitting at the bottom of an outhouse might be nice. Seriously, though, I am sure that in the midst of any celebrating that might be done, should he be captured, there are those that would say it was a political move and that GW knew where he was all along and decided to pull a rabbit out of a hat when he needed it. Honestly if that happens I think I will just gag. :rolleyes:

the gryphon
09-04-2004, 08:12 PM
Get ready to gag. I'm already reading comments like that.

That said, as a liberal democrat, I hope it does not sway the election.

I truly hope he will be caught. It would be healing closure for those who lost loved ones on 9/11.

dukedogsmom
09-04-2004, 09:16 PM
I didn't read it but myself and some friends at work have been saying that he'd be "conveniently caught" near election time. I wouldn't be surprised at all.

RICHARD
09-05-2004, 03:04 AM
enie meenie minnie mo
catch bin laden by the toe
if he hollers make him pay
for the 3000 american he killed on that day.

davidpizzica
09-05-2004, 11:13 AM
True, there might be political overtones over the timing of his capture, but to the families of the victims of 9-11, bringing the scum to justice will give them a little bit of closure in their lives.

the gryphon
09-05-2004, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by david p
True, there might be political overtones over the timing of his capture, but to the families of the victims of 9-11, bringing the scum to justice will give them a little bit of closure in their lives.
I sure hope it does bring them some closure.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-05-2004, 01:12 PM
I'll believe it when they actually catch that rat!
We've heard for YEARS, he would soon be captured!

davidpizzica
09-05-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
I'll believe it when they actually catch that rat!
We've heard for YEARS, he would soon be captured! Connie, that low life scum RAT is very slippery.I think it's nonsense to think that he will be caught just in time for elections. If it was THAT easy, he would have bee caught right after 9/11!

lizzielou742
09-07-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Pam
Seriously, though, I am sure that in the midst of any celebrating that might be done, should he be captured, there are those that would say it was a political move and that GW knew where he was all along and decided to pull a rabbit out of a hat when he needed it.

I have no doubt in my mind that if Bin Laden is "captured" anytime between now and Nov. 2nd, it will have been preplanned as a move to help win the election. I have no trust in GWB and his administration. Zero. If he gets re-elected I am moving to Canada. Seriously.

GWB/Karl Rove will do anything to get elected. Look at what happened in Florida in 2000. If you haven't seen the documentary "Unprecedented: The 2000 Presidential Election," directed by Richard Ray Perez and Joan Sekler, I'd highly recommend watching it.

DJFyrewolf36
09-07-2004, 10:08 AM
I'd be suspicious if Bin Laden got caught right around now...

jonza
09-07-2004, 12:32 PM
This was on CNN today. Surprise surprise!

Pakistan: U.S. Official's Osama Claim Was 'Political'

ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Pakistan Tuesday dismissed a claim by a U.S. counter-terrorism official that the United States and its allies were closing in on the world's most wanted man, Osama bin Laden.

Pakistani media Sunday quoted Cofer Black, State Department coordinator for counter-terrorism, as saying that the United States and its allies have put the al Qaeda leader on the defensive, increasing chances of his capture soon.

But Pakistani Information Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed said Black's remarks were a "political statement."

"We don't have any information about that," Ahmed told Reuters by telephone from Saudi Arabia where he is accompanying Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz on an official visit.

Black's comments came just a few days after President Bush, who is standing for re-election in November, said that three-quarters of known al Qaeda leaders have been captured or killed.

"If he (bin Laden) has a watch, he should be looking at it because the clock is ticking. He will be caught," Black told private Geo Television.

"Programs are in place and what I tell people (is), I would be surprised but not necessarily shocked if we wake up tomorrow and he had been caught along with all his lieutenants."

Pakistan -- a key ally of the United States since al Qaeda's attacks on Sept. 11, 2001 -- has made a series of breakthroughs against al Qaeda since July. More than 70 suspected militants, including senior al Qaeda operatives, have been arrested, raising hopes that security forces are zeroing in on bin Laden or his deputy al-Zawahri.

Pakistani officials play down such hopes, saying the pair's whereabouts is still a mystery, although it is often said they are probably holed up in the mountainous region on the Pakistan-Afghanistan border.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-07-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by david p
Connie, that low life scum RAT is very slippery.I think it's nonsense to think that he will be caught just in time for elections. If it was THAT easy, he would have bee caught right after 9/11! That's what I meant!
They've chased him all over the place. I think they just want to keep our hopes up that he will be caught!
We won't be any safer if he is caught. Then all his followers will want revenge!!!

davidpizzica
09-07-2004, 03:27 PM
Connie, that is alot of bunk saying that he'll be caught just in time for Bush's reelection. You're are right, if he is caught, he has followers that can make alot of trouble for the U. S. For the sake of the families of the victims of 9/11 I hope he is captured sometime.

RICHARD
09-07-2004, 04:36 PM
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2001/11/07/MN90641.DTL

Here is one of the main reasons 'we' haven't been able to catch
bin Laden.

Look up "tunnel rats" and "Cu Chi" from the Viet Nam war and you'll see the reasons why and they difficulty in catching that AH.

Without the head, the snake has no way to survive.

Lady's Human
09-07-2004, 04:46 PM
Even the suggestion that the government somehow has enough tactical intelligence to find Bin Laden but won't catch him due to presidential politics is ridiculous. If US forces found Bin Laden or had enough intel to track him to a specific spot he would be dead or captured in a heartbeat. There are 1.1 million troops in the US military who would LOVE to be the one that catches the bastard, and if we had captured him there would be no way to keep the story quiet until it could be used as an "october surprise". Give those of us in the military a little credit. If we knew where he was, he'd be dead and the story would be on CNN about 30 seconds after confirmation.

davidpizzica
09-07-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Lady's Human
Even the suggestion that the government somehow has enough tactical intelligence to find Bin Laden but won't catch him due to presidential politics is ridiculous. If US forces found Bin Laden or had enough intel to track him to a specific spot he would be dead or captured in a heartbeat. There are 1.1 million troops in the US military who would LOVE to be the one that catches the bastard, and if we had captured him there would be no way to keep the story quiet until it could be used as an "october surprise". Give those of us in the military a little credit. If we knew where he was, he'd be dead and the story would be on CNN about 30 seconds after confirmation. You are absolutely right. There is NO WAY he can be arrested just to further Bush's campaign.