PDA

View Full Version : Diarrhea and Black Dots

Mao
06-05-2001, 09:30 PM
My kitty has been vomiting and has diarrhea. He has a couple of tiny black dots on his anus. He is about 9 years old and neutered. He has been acting fine and eating well. There hasn't been any change in his diet or any change in his surroundings. Could it just be hairballs?

4 feline house
06-05-2001, 10:24 PM
Fur balls generally don't cause diarrhea. He needs to go to a vet immediately. It may be just a virus but it could be a variety of things more serious, and only the vet will be able to diagnose and treat. Good luck with him.

barbee10
06-11-2001, 01:42 AM
My Maggie had the same problem. It turned out she had a stomach irritation from the food I was feeding her. I had just bought a new bag of the same food I've always fed her, but there was something different about it that made her sick. I switched food right away.

Mao
06-17-2001, 06:50 PM
Thanks. The vet tested my cat's stool and found nothing. But he is giving me some pills to see if that will help! The fun part will be giving my kitty the pills AND preventing him from eating all day except during pill time.

Mao
06-23-2001, 07:43 PM
Just an update, kitty is doing better after only being on the pills for 5 days. He is on Viokase, and I have no problems getting him to take the pill. He gobbles it up. His poop is solid now and I may take him off of them in a couple of days to see how he does.

Thanks for the advice guys!