PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about my cat crying.

Harmanie
09-04-2004, 04:41 PM
She just had kits maybe about 2-3 weeks ago. Her box is in my room. But the problem is if I leave her in my room she will cry out really loud and then run to me. She will sit on the floor, look at me and then cry out to me. I will follow her back to my room and then see her go back into the box. She will then be content and it will seem that nothing has ever happend. I am soo confused.:confused:
Then if she is taking a rest from nursing her kits, she will come into the parler and lay on the floor. I think that she is sleeping but then right out of the blue she will sit up and have this REALLY loud cry that would bring a shiver to anyones spine. I look at her and say," Mum Mum, whats wrong?" she looks at me cries and then comes to me. I pet her a couple times and then goes back to sleep on the floor. I am still dumb founded.
Does anyone know what is causing her to do this? My Mum says that she only does this when I am home and she only stops if I calm her. Like if she does it when I am in the shower they have to bring her to me and I have to call her and she will stop. Sometimes it scares me. She just started doing this a week after she had her kittens. Um, what do you think it is? Do you think that it is just attention getting or somthing? Thats what my Mum said she thought it was.

Kate

Laura's Babies
09-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Sounds like she is "mothering" you too!

Harmanie
09-04-2004, 05:10 PM
~giggles~ Is that what shes doing! hehehe

oh good, just what I need...lol...2...~giggles more~...mums!

Well I just hope shes okay! But as long as shes not mad at me!

Laura's Babies
09-04-2004, 08:24 PM
It does sound strange to me, why don't you post it in the cat behavior section and see if anybody there has a answer.. Sounds to me like she is needing assurances from you for something but that is just a guess..... and it just started when she had the kittens? Even odder..... Ask in the behavior section and see if anyone there answers.

Harmanie
09-04-2004, 10:10 PM
Thank you, I will do that. Hopefully they will know more about it then I do! lol!:)

catmandu
09-05-2004, 11:11 AM
She still wants,to be your Baby,even now that she has babies,of her own!