PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane frances. -3 video's.-

CamCamPup33
09-04-2004, 11:03 AM
Just wanted to let everyone see just how WINDY it is. Everytime i would go to take a video, the wind would die down a bit. It's actually worse than this though. :p

I was talking to Val, on AIM and was telling her that, I kept waking up during the night to the sound of tree branches crashing into my window. It sounded like someone was throwing a basketball at it or something. Their was a bit of a "Break" but now the break is over, and it's just ugly.

Anyway, there's 3 videos the first one was yesterday, they are all pretty much the same thing, just of different veiws. The video's dont even do the justice to how windy it really is.

CamCamPup33
09-04-2004, 11:10 AM
The next two are the one's i took right now, notice the darkness of the second one. And to think these are only the outer band's of the hurricane. :eek: The whole hurricane isn't even here yet!

CamCamPup33
09-04-2004, 11:12 AM
And the last.. :o

dukedogsmom
09-04-2004, 11:13 AM
That's how it's looking here now, too. The wind does die down and pick back up again. I just wish it would get through quickly and then leave us all alone! I swear, I'm going to gain 10 pounds from this.

swimma253
09-04-2004, 11:34 AM
:eek: Oh My! How scary! All the people in the storm will be in my thoughts and prayers!

GoldenRetrLuver
09-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Wow. :( I hope you guys will be okay.. they're talking about it over here, too. Looks scary.

Stay safe!

slleipnir
09-04-2004, 01:19 PM
They don't work for me. Hope everything is ok

popcornbird
09-04-2004, 02:16 PM
It looks sooooo windy! How scary!!!

Stay safe. :(

davidpizzica
09-04-2004, 04:02 PM
My prayer is that there are no deaths or injuries from this horrible hurricane!

gini
09-04-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by david p
My prayer is that there are no deaths or injuries from this horrible hurricane!

Yes, David, I too, pray that there are no deaths because of Frances in Florida.

There have already been two in the Bahamas.

Harmanie
09-04-2004, 05:01 PM
my my my my myy,

Same here. Prayers are always said here! my mum, pops, sis and I have prayer meatings at our house at night and we allways mention florida. I also mention the people from pt as well! I want us all to be safe. My mum tells me that there is ANOTHER hurricane brewing near the bahamas! can you believe this weather. She also said that the eye of frances was the size of Texas at one point. It grew down but now its getting stronger again. I am praying much stronger now! I believe that it works and is powerful! Goodluck to all and stay safe!

Chica
09-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Hi, I hope you are okay.

Anyway, there's 3 videos the first one was yesterday, they are all pretty much the same thing, just of different veiws. The video's dont even do the justice to how windy it really is. [/B][/QUOTE] let us know. :eek:

dukedogsmom
09-04-2004, 09:29 PM
We're starting to get some of that wind now. Won't sleep much tonight. I hate that it's going so slow! I wish it would just do it and get it over with.

Harmanie
09-04-2004, 10:16 PM
Oh that stink duke dogs mom.
Good luck.

I was just watching the news and it is encredible. the wind is 90 miles per hour and the damage its allready caused. The eye it self is allready the size of texas. And they are saying it might make history, the size that is.
Its amazing of how slow it is going. Thats what makes it so horrible!!! And the shelter count in its self is really high. They said something about the animal shelter being to full and can't except any more animals in that certain area!:eek: :( :( :(
Thats NOT good! how sad!
I'm still praying! Good luck to all!

CamCamPup33
09-05-2004, 10:42 AM
Hurricane Ivan might be coming here too.. :( :(

AHHHH

slleipnir
09-05-2004, 11:44 AM
I just saw http://www.nnvl.noaa.gov/hurseas2004/frances1515zA-040905-1kg12.jpg this. Are you still at home Mik??

popcornbird
09-05-2004, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
Hurricane Ivan might be coming here too.. :( :(

AHHHH

Hurricane Ivan??? You mean.......there's another one? :eek:

CamCamPup33
09-05-2004, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by slleipnir
I just saw http://www.nnvl.noaa.gov/hurseas2004/frances1515zA-040905-1kg12.jpg this. Are you still at home Mik??

Yep, im still here. Isn't it HUGE?!

Originally posted by popcornbird
Hurricane Ivan??? You mean.......there's another one? :eek:

Yes, :( The bahama's might be hit yet again too.

slleipnir
09-05-2004, 11:53 AM
That sucks, about Ivan. Must be really scary. I would want to leave haha. Or is your part not getting the worst of it? Hopefully not

gini
09-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Yes, sadly, another is now forming called Ivan.

Hurricane Ivan forms in central Atlantic, Floridians watch track

CORALIE CARLSON

Associated Press

MIAMI - Floridians might have a third hurricane to worry about: Hurricane Ivan formed Sunday in the central Atlantic with a long-term forecast that could bring it to the state by early next week.

With top sustained winds of about 85 mph, Ivan was about 2,500 miles east-southeast of Miami, too far away to tell with any certainty whether it would hit the continental United States. It was expected to keep strengthening, with hundreds of miles of warm water before the nearest land.

But particularly after the back-to-back Hurricanes Charley and Frances, Floridians should monitor any hurricane on a general path toward the state, forecasters said.

"Hopefully they won't let their guard down too much over the next week," said Eric Holweg, meteorologist at the hurricane center.

Even as Frances pummeled central Florida with 95 mph winds and heavy, emergency officials were preparing for Ivan, said Michael Brown, director of the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

"We're watching for it just as we're gearing up and watching for wildfires in California and floods through the Midwest," Brown said.

At 11 a.m. EDT, Ivan was about 1,040 miles east of the Windward Islands in the southern Caribbean and moving west near 21 mph. It was expected to turn gradually west-northwest over the day.

Ivan was expected to approach the Lesser Antilles by Tuesday and reach the Bahamas by Friday. The path was similar but south of Frances' track into Florida's east coast.

"You might want to be smart about whether you take down your shutters," Miami-Dade County manager George Burgess said Sunday at a briefing on the aftermath of Frances.

Both Ivan and Frances formed as tropical storms near Cape Verde off the African coast, an area known as a breeding ground for storms that become big hurricanes.

"They tend to be stronger systems, just because they have such a great environment to grow in as they cross the Atlantic," Holweg said.

Ivan was already causing some worry at the National Hurricane Center. When Max Mayfield, director of the hurricane center, first saw a satellite image of the strengthening storm, his reaction was, "Oh no."

Holweg said it wasn't unusual to have so many hurricanes at this time of year, which is nearing the peak of the hurricane season. What was unusual, he said, was for one state to be hit in such quick succession.

Center officials have predicted that there would be more tropical storms and hurricanes in the Atlantic over the next several years.

Hurricane Charley hit Florida's southwest coast with 145 mph winds on Aug. 13 and crossed the state, killing 27 people and causing billions of dollars in damage. On Sunday, Hurricane Frances made landfall near Stuart with 105 mph winds.

---

Associated Press Writer Jackie Hallifax in Tallahassee contributed to this report.

ON THE NET

National Hurricane Center: http://www.nhc.noaa.gov

CamCamPup33
09-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Hashy,

This is it's intended path. You can see it's still far out in the ocean, but who know's how fast it will go..

http://cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic/real-time/atlantic/storm/FCSTATL2.GIF

And here is my version of this [See attached].. (Red DOT on FLA showing where i am, and the other red thing with spikes, haha is the hurricane if it followed the path)

CamCamPup33
09-05-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by gini
[b]Yes, sadly, another is now forming called Ivan.

Ivan was expected to approach the Lesser Antilles by Tuesday and reach the Bahamas by Friday. The path was similar but south of Frances' track into Florida's east coast.

:eek: YIKES. It's going to get here sooner than i thought.