PDA

View Full Version : Poor Noah has blood in his box too!

NoahsMommy
01-03-2002, 10:50 AM
Poor thing, I found blood in his poop too! My hubby is taking him to the vet tomorrow, but I can't help worrying about him. I read the previous post, and feel a bit better, I just hope he is OK. Please keep him in your thoughts... :(

AmberLee
01-03-2002, 12:54 PM
Our paws are crossed that Noah will be feeling fine soon. Best wishes at the white coats spot, Noah!

Purrs and headbumps,
Cassy and Livvy

Former User
01-03-2002, 01:01 PM
Come on Noah, what is this business with blood? Hope it will be cleared tomorrow at the vet, and you feel yourself then.

Paws (all 8 of them) crossed here, and the humans are holding their thumbs up too :D

Let us know then what's going on ok?

Edwina's Secretary
01-03-2002, 01:43 PM
Over the Christmas holidays my parents were staying with us with their Cavalier puppy, my sister was staying with her Pomeranian, and my stepson visited with his Norwegian Elk Hound (poor Edwina :( Actually, she has reached the pont of bullying the dogs, but that is another story.) While the other dogs were there the puppy was VERY exited and wanting to run and play ALL the time -- which did not necessarily amuse the other dogs -- or Edwina. It also caused the puppy to forget his house breaking -- on my light yellow carpet. And it was bloody. (Thank goodness for Wineaway!) Also present were my brother and his wife -- both of whom are vets. They were not concerned about the bloody stool (of course not...it's not their carpet!!) as the blood was "on the outside" (makes a better stain that way :mad: :mad: )They said it was just something he ate (which the way that puppy chews on things -- including Edwina's toys, shoes, and anything else not heavy or securely afixed could be anything.)

By the next day -- when he did his business outside -- it was gone.

catwoman
01-03-2002, 04:58 PM
Purrs and headbutts, Noah!

Keep us posted ...

NoahsMommy
01-03-2002, 05:33 PM
Thank you! He has also been throwing up a lot too! Gosh, I hope everything is OK. We changed his food when we brought Noel home. (From Nutro Max Kitten, to Nutro Complete Kitten, a more complete and natural formula) But, I don't think that would make him sick, it being a better food. My poor thing! :(

I will tell him that you all wish him luck and love... :)

aly
01-03-2002, 05:44 PM
Try not to worry. I am sure it is the change in food. Even if its better food, it can still upset their systems when they switch. Did you completely switch him right away or did you mix the foods together? Shiloh only had blood in her box that one time and she's back to normal now. Yay :) I'm sure Noah will be good as gold soon.

Pam
01-03-2002, 09:37 PM
Noah's Mommy, I would be scared too, and I am wringing my hands right along with you. Hope it's something as simple as a little upset tummy. We'll be waiting to hear what the vet says!!

zippy-kat
01-04-2002, 12:56 AM
Good luck Noah!
Get well soon so you don't worry your mommy!

{hugs} to Noah and Kelly!

C.C.'s Mom
01-04-2002, 09:00 AM
Good luck Noah from all of us here.

BigCharles
01-04-2002, 03:00 PM
Oh poor Noah. I pray that he gets better real soon.

NoahsMommy
01-04-2002, 04:29 PM
NOAH'S OK!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!! THANK GOD!!!!

David took him to the vet and he had a slight temperature, but after a bunch of tests (poor thing), he is fine! They gave us a hairball medication and something to clean his insides out to make sure he is all heathly again. I am SOOOOO happy!! :) :D :) :D :) :D

Thank you so, so much for your support, you are all truely a blessing to me.

Pam
01-05-2002, 03:38 AM
YAY NOAH!!! Boy are we relieved and I know your mommy is too! Sounds like your plumbing was clogged a little! :o :D Trevor says "Way to go Noah! You just can't keep an orange kitty down for too long!" ;)

libracats
01-06-2002, 12:23 AM
Boy I'm really slow. I just saw this. Glad Noah's OK. Did they say what caused the blood?

NoahsMommy
01-07-2002, 12:05 PM
They didn't really say, they gave him some hairball medicine (with tuna flavor) that he LOVES and some antibiotics to make sure he was OK. He was really fun and fiesty this weekend, so I am sure he is getting better!

Thank you for your well wishes!

purrley
01-07-2002, 01:03 PM
Hurray Noah's Mommy - on Dec. 21st I took my Spencer to the vet because he had bloody diaherra - turns out he had giordia (again) he's been treated for this before. I was really worried because his fur looked so bad and he was definately dehydrated - so they filled his skin full of fluid (he had a big lump on the back of his neck for an hour or so) he had 10 days worth of med's and now - he seems to be OK (until the next time). I think he must be picking up this bug from the cat box so I'm a whole lot more diligent in scooping. Thank goodness everything went well for you. Isn't it wonderful when we know our babies will be all right!!!! :D :D

tatsxxx11
01-07-2002, 01:27 PM
Sorry to be so late in posting. I'm so happy that Noah is A-OK!! :) Purrs and ear nibbles from Mr. B and Oliver!

sammi
01-07-2002, 08:49 PM
So glad that Noah is doing better!

catwoman
01-08-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy:
[QB]they gave him some hairball medicine (with tuna flavor) that he LOVESQB]

So glad Noah's fine! What is the name of this tuna-flavored hairball stuff? My Thelma hates all hairball remedies I've tried, but the words TUNA FLAVOR give me hope.
:D