PDA

View Full Version : People these days

Jods
09-03-2004, 02:38 PM
grrrrrrrrr... I just read in the paper a women is giving away a purebred gray & white persian cat 4 yrs old... To a quite home.. It makes me so mad how can you just decide after 4 yrs you don't want your cat anymore! Whats wrong with these people... Poor thing and I have anything but a quiet home

K & L
09-03-2004, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Jods
grrrrrrrrr... I just read in the paper a women is giving away a purebred gray & white persian cat 4 yrs old... To a quite home.. It makes me so mad how can you just decide after 4 yrs you don't want your cat anymore! Whats wrong with these people... Poor thing and I have anything but a quiet home

Even worse is the ones we find "dumped" in the park. At least this woman is trying to find a home! Not that I agree with this, but "dumping" is even worse!

Aspen and Misty
09-03-2004, 03:32 PM
That is to bad the kitten has to find a new home. Sometimes breeders give up there cats who can't breed any more, think this could be the case?

Ashley

Karen
09-03-2004, 03:39 PM
There are many legitimate reasons she might be having to find the cat a new home. Please don't assume the worst of everyone. She/he is at least taking the responsibility to find a new home for it, hasn't dumped it at a shelter with no explanation, sent it out to "fend for itself" in "the country" of anything.

petslover
09-03-2004, 05:16 PM
i agree. Maybe the lady is elderly and just can't keep it anymore or there could other reasons. Maybe she is doing it for the best of the cat. The cat will find a good home instead of being put in a shelter.

Laura's Babies
09-03-2004, 05:25 PM
Since I work at a shelter some, I see the ones that no one wants, beautiful, loving cats, all breeds and all beautiful. I wonder if these people try to find these wonderful babies homes before they dump there there? We got 3 absolutelt beautiful dolls in there just this week.... What gets me is they turn them in with their collars still on them sometimes..

Jods
09-03-2004, 06:56 PM
I guess, It just upsets me....

catmandu
09-04-2004, 09:02 AM
The People,who are so excited by the Kitten,often ignore the Adult Cat,turning them,into lazy Cat Couch Potatoes,then are bored,when the Cat,doesnt play anymore,and sleeps All Day! You ahve to keep,your Cats active,by buying them Toys,and then getting them active!

catlady1945
09-04-2004, 09:19 AM
Our Humane Society has two lovely cats up for adoption. They are 9 and 5, declawed, and were turned in because of a new baby in the house!!!!! Now THAT makes me furious.

moosmom
09-04-2004, 09:28 AM
Catlady1945,

Me too!! :mad: The stupid, irresponsible pet owners are the ones that have no clue as to what the word COMMITMENT means.

I remember one time young couple came into the shelter to surrender their cat that they had since they were first married. They just had a baby. :mad: I looked at them and said, "So, what're ya gonna do when your kid is no longer cute and is in the terrible 2 stage, surrender him???" Boy did I get in trouble for THAT remark. But I don't care.