PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck to Florida and good bye from me.

Fox-Gal
09-03-2004, 02:26 PM
I would say this will be my last post for a while. I can count on no power or phone service for the next few day. And even after it's over, if I'm lucky enough to have a home, I know I'll have a big mess to clean up after, if nothing else. After tonight, the putter will be turned off, unpluged and shut down for a good while.

So good luck to those in the path of the hurricane and to those that live on the west side of the state, try not to worry. You are in a safer area then most in FLorida. I belive you will be fine.

My Family have been evacuate and most of them are in Tampa now. I feel safe knowing they are there and am sure they will make it OK. I have been told to evacuate, but can't because of my pets. There is no way to take that many pets anywhere. So we chosie to stay and ride it out. We live near the Okechobee area, one of the areas they expect to get hit hard by Frances. We live in a old Florida home and have our fingers crossed that it can stand the winds, but in all honesty, it not made to handle these type of winds.

It hard to think that I could lose some more pets because of another hurricane and at the worce be homeless. It times like this that I wish I just rented instead of own. Renters just lose there belonges, we lose everything. My Ex-husband cancled my home owners insurance out of pure evil as his name has been on in sense our divorce 5 years ago. I couldn't take him off, sense they said that would make it a new policy and they where not taking on any new policys. So I'm screwed. You can't get insurance during hurricane times.

So Good luck to all in Florida, my prayers are with you all and good bye from the gang.

Pam
09-03-2004, 02:35 PM
Fox-Gal I know you will have the prayers of all Pet Talkers!! I know exactly why you are choosing to do what you are doing. I would only have four to pack up and you certainly can't pack up your crew that easily. Do you have a basement or some place that you might hunker down? You will be on our minds and I pray that you and your pets will be safe and that your home and possessions will also be spared. ((((Hugs)))) Please do check in as soon as you can after Frances goes through.

Logan
09-03-2004, 02:41 PM
Libby, you and your family are in my prayers. I hope Frances is more "bark" than "bite", for your sake and for the sake of others.

Hang in there, please, and let someone know how you are when you can so we won't worry too much.

Logan

pitc9
09-03-2004, 02:46 PM
Fox-Gal... I don't know what to say.....

I pray for you and your furkids.... I will be thinking of you.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-03-2004, 02:50 PM
Prayers on the way from me for you and your babies too!
I'd be doing the exact same thing as you are!

Mil0Luv3r
09-03-2004, 02:56 PM
NO ONE IS SAFE!!!!! If your in Florida you ARE NOT safe! So Fox-Gal when you said that the west side will be safe it WILL NOT!!! They will still get some of the Hurricane NO MATTER WHAT!!! Where I am I will be under the eye...

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-03-2004, 03:01 PM
She didn't say people on the west side of Floida would be safe, She said that people on the west side will be a bit safer than the ones right in Florida

Good luck Fox_gal and others in Florida, We will have fingers and paws crossed here for all of you!

dappledoxie
09-03-2004, 03:10 PM
I'm so sorry FoxGal! I really hope everything goes well, prayers being sent your way too

popcornbird
09-03-2004, 03:20 PM
:(

I will be praying that you, your family, your pets, and you home and all of your belongings will be safe. I can't imagine being in such a situation.

Good luck to you all. Stay safe, and update us whenever you can. We will all be thinking about you.

snappy
09-03-2004, 03:28 PM
Prayers for all of the PTr's in the path of Francis.

Karen
09-03-2004, 04:20 PM
We'll be thinking of you - and all Floridians - until we hear the "all-clear" from you. I hope your old home will withstand Frances, I hope you and all your animals will be safe. You'll be in our prayers.

lizbud
09-03-2004, 05:37 PM
Fox gal,

I'm praying that you & all your pets will make it throught
this storm o.k. Please know that you all are in our thoughts
and prayers. Liz.

DogLover9501
09-03-2004, 05:40 PM
I'll be thinking of you guys in Florida :(, Stay safe!

Libby--I understand about not being around for a while, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers, we'll miss you :(

RobiLee
09-03-2004, 05:48 PM
All my prayers and thoughts are with you and everyone in florida right now. Please safe, fox gal

Robin :)

chocolatepuppy
09-03-2004, 06:49 PM
Fox-Gal ,will be praying for you and your pets as well as everyone in Frances' path.

dukedogsmom
09-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Well, I just got through talking to you so, hope you keep safe! I hope all of we Floridians will make it through this horrible thing without too much damage.

davidpizzica
09-03-2004, 07:18 PM
Libby, My deepest prayers are with you and all Floridians in the path of this awful hurricane.

Mil0Luv3r
09-03-2004, 07:53 PM
I'm in the eye now!

KYS
09-03-2004, 10:04 PM
Sending many good thoughts for you and yours
to be safe.

Miss Meow
09-04-2004, 03:13 AM
My god, your situation sounds absolutely dreadful.

Sending all the good vibes we have here and hoping you get out of this in one piece. Please log back in as soon as you can so we know you are OK. {{{hugs}}}

RubyMutt
09-04-2004, 10:43 AM
I will be thinking about you :(

I hope you can make it through this storm ok. I will be anxiously waiting seeing you on PT again once Frances passes.

dukedogsmom
09-04-2004, 10:56 AM
I dread it so much. Most of Florida isn't safe. Hope it doesn't wipe it all out. It's just starting to get nasty here and if my nails weren't fake, I'd have chewed them all off.

ChrisH
09-04-2004, 11:05 AM
Libby, Val, Amber, Kiri, Kay, and all Florida PTalkers, you will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers, that you, your families and pets will come through safe and sound.

Chris

gini
09-04-2004, 11:22 AM
You have all of my prayers that you and all of your pets will be safe when this is all said and done.

I cannot even imagine the horror of what you are facing.

All we can do is pray that Frances is not as nasty as the predictions.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-04-2004, 11:43 AM
Prayers continuing for all in Florida!!!
The news just said the storm is reorganizing or reforming. Possibly getting stronger. Plus it will move so slow, it will hit two high tides, meaning higher storm surges along the coast.

This is like watching a train wreck and being powerless to stop it!

GoldenRetrLuver
09-04-2004, 01:56 PM
Oh Libby, I hope you and all your pets will be okay. :( What a horrible situation. I'll be keeping all the Florida PT'ers in my thoughts.

Stay safe. :(

robinh
09-04-2004, 07:17 PM
My heartfelt prayers to all of you. I've been praying all day that you come through this safe and sound. Check in when you can.

dukedogsmom
09-04-2004, 07:46 PM
I just talked to Kay's mom and she said they had a really bad squall where the power went out for a minute and came back on. Still nothing too much over here. It's supposed to hit us late tonight and the worst will be at around 2pm tomorrow. Will it never end?? We're going to be talking to each other all night because neither one of us will be able to sleep.

cloverfdx
09-05-2004, 09:39 AM
I am feeling ill at the thought of Frances hitting, everyone is in my thoughts and prayers. I will be anxiously waiting for news.

Try to stay safe {{Hugs}}.

:( :( :(

captain
09-06-2004, 12:47 AM
I am thinking of all of you during this terrible time.

Please check in with us when you can ....... :(

Kfamr
09-06-2004, 08:46 AM
Libby, I hope all is well.

I called my mom this morning and she said that Frances is stationed in the gulf right now and they're getting the outter wall bands right niow. Scary thing is, he could strenghten and whatever's stalling it right now could push him right back over!

dukedogsmom
09-07-2004, 03:17 PM
I talked to Libby a couple of hours ago. They lost one storage shed, their porch and a side of their house. Also, 3 cats and one chinchilla died. They had to evacuate so she turned the cats loose because she didn't want them trapped in the house if it got blown away. Her oak tree in her front yard has no leaves. She said the winds got up to 132mph. One of her neighbor friends lost a roof. They've been helping with that. Let's pray Ivan doesn't even get to Florida because there are lots of people with damage from the other hurricanes and don't need any more trouble than they've got now.

dappledoxie
09-07-2004, 03:28 PM
Oh no! That's awful, I'm glad it wasn't worse though. Prayers still coming for everyone in FL. Hugs!

Ally Cat's Mommy
09-07-2004, 03:30 PM
Libby, I am so sorry to hear your sad news. I'm keeping you and the pets in my prayers. (((HUGS)))

Julie

jazzcat
09-07-2004, 03:46 PM
OMG, that is terrible. How sad for the kitties and chinchilla. I'm sure Libby is very upset. I'm so sorry.:(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the update DDM. I was thinking of Libby all weekend and hoping and praying for the best. Sounds like they got hit pretty hard, but at least they are ok and the house is still standing....for the most part. :(

carole
09-09-2004, 04:43 PM
I have been watching it all happen on the news, and worrying about all our PT people from Florida, its so darn scarey, I hope Fox-gal you are all right and can get back online to tell us so soon, and Dear Libby I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your furbabies, my heart goes out to you and everyone going through this awful ordeal.

*LabLoverKEB*
09-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Stay safe, Fox Gal! I will be thinking about you!:)

petslover
09-09-2004, 07:41 PM
i hate to hear about your pets and home, but i'm glad to hear that shes okay. God Bless!!

Fox-Gal
09-09-2004, 08:32 PM
Thanks everyone for the well wishes and thoughts.

It's been really hard the last few days on us but in the long run we are better off then a lot of others in Florida. It might take us a long time to get things taken care of here, but at least we still have a roof and walls. (sort of)

My Father lives in Port St. Lucie and his house got hit also. He staying in St. Pete area for now. My friend lost part of her roof and still has no power or water. Then we also have 3 people and a dog staying here with us till their power and water come back on, around the 19th. :eek: It's just been a mess around here!!

And now Ivan coming!!!!!!!!! Our home can't take another hit, we've had 2 already, one more will wipe us out. I can't take much more of this.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks to those that thought of me and the gang durring all this and let you know we are ok.

dukedogsmom
09-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Libby, if it ever gets back to normal around here, maybe I can come see your place. If you need any help from me, just say it and I can come down and help you. Oh, you need to contact FEMA asap! I just learned that the reason they're there is to help people just like yourself. If you dont' have the number, I can get it for you.

Mil0Luv3r
09-09-2004, 09:33 PM
Fox-Gal- I don't think Okechobee will make it through the next on either! And I'm very sorry about your ChinChilla and your other pets.. I don't really always pay attention to what people's siggys are.. I just happened to catch yours and saw the Brock one... Any pets that are now over the RB don't have to go through these Horrible Hurricanes, Tornados, Twisters, and all those other storms!

Fox-Gal
09-10-2004, 08:48 AM
Thanks Val,
Hopefully if Ivan doesn't hit my way you can make it over here. Also thanks for the offer to help us, but we are just going to take it one day at a time and do what we can. Hey if we ever get the wall fixed......are you a good house painter? LOL Just kidding!

Mil0Luv3r, I think you are right Okechobee is going to have a hard time taking another hit. Homes around here where not made to take hurricanes, we have always thought that the middle of the state was safe, unlike those that live on the coasts.

I pray that my other pets will make it through Ivan fine, so far I have lost 6 between the 2 hurricans, 4 cats, 2 rabbits and Chichi, my Chin. Don't really know why ChiChi didn't make it, we are guessing that it was the pressure from the hurricane or else the heat from having no air. Chin need it cool and don't take heat well.

I am amazed at how well the outside aniamls take the hurricanes, all the chickens, Goats, Ducks etc seem to always come out of it perfect. Their big worry seem to be when it over, how soon they will get feed. lol

Mil0Luv3r
09-10-2004, 08:55 AM
My GrandMother and my Friend live in Okechobee.. And if Okechobee makes it through Ivan then they won't make it through the next one that forming! And Fox-Gal what county/town do you live in? I'm staying at our office and were not in the path of this one they are saying. Our office is in Riviera and mostly Lake Park. Our house probaly will not make it!

GRRR!! Hurricane Season STINKS!!!!!:mad: :mad:

ramanth
09-10-2004, 09:25 AM
Keeping all of your Floridians in my thoughts. *hugs*

Sorry about the loss of your pets and the damage to your home Libby. I hope Ivan moves away from FL.

Fox-Gal
09-10-2004, 09:29 AM
I'm in Highlands county right on the edge of the Okechobee county line, out in the woods. lol

Yeah I have 3 people staying with me now that live in Okechobee, because they can't go back home yet. And my Friend that lost part of her roof is also in Okechobee, closer to Ft. Pierce way. I know her house can't take another hit.

They called FPL and they told them that power will be off till the 19th. Does you grandmother or friend have power yet? That just seem to long to get power back on. Some power was on the other day, but yesterday they turn it all off again said it would be the 19th, now. :confused:

I hope your friends will be alright through Ivan. Hopefully if it hit the west cost it will break up some before it get this way. Fingers crossed. I wish it would just go some place else, not that I want anyone else to get hit, it's just we've had our fair share of hurricanes.

We need to find a state that's safe and all move. :D :D If I could just take cold weather, I'd do it. But I hate snow!! :mad:

I think our tags for cars should now say "the hurricane state" with a hurricane in the middle in stead of the orange. There's no more sunshine in Florida, it's just rain and wind. ;)

Mil0Luv3r
09-10-2004, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal
I'm in Highlands county right on the edge of the Okechobee county line, out in the woods. lol

Yeah I have 3 people staying with me now that live in Okechobee, because they can't go back home yet. And my Friend that lost part of her roof is also in Okechobee, closer to Ft. Pierce way. I know her house can't take another hit.

My friends called FPL and they told them that power will be off till the 19th. Does you grandmother or friend have power yet? That just seem to long to get power back on. Some power was on the other day, but then yesterday they turn it all off again and then said it would be the 19th, now. :confused:

I hope your friends will be alright through Ivan. Hopefully if it hit the west cost it will break up some before it get this way. Fingers crossed. I wish it would just go some place else, not that I want anyone else to get hit, it's just we've had our fair share of hurricanes.

We need to find a state that's safe and all move. :D :D If I could just take cold weather, I'd do it. But I hate snow!! :mad:

I think our tags for cars should now say "the hurricane state" with a hurricane in the middle in stead of the orange. There's no more sunshine in Florida, it's just rain and wind. ;)

My GrandMothers house is GREAT besides the roof to her Plant House thing and her roof is missing a few tile things... Then they're friend Tony's house last Hurricane from when I was inleast 4-6 tore down his house! this time he was only missing a tree:p lol! He had o much trees anyhow! lol! Then ashley's (my friend) house is fine execpt here chimney! And she has the new FAB look for the Shed! lol:p ! All the walls on the Shed are gone! Here outside dog Kane(a pit bull) is GREAT! But her father had been building on and the roof was TOTALLY gone from the room he was adding on! I mean its not even anywhere in they're yard! then she also had inleast 1-2 feet of water in the room lol. Then at our house we lost some roof tiles! And my Dad had been fixing our ceiling where we had Black Mold at!:eek: !!

And yes we actually spen the night at my GrandMother's nad GrandFather's house, because we had to get out of this Swet Bucket office! And my mom had to check her Auctions on eBay.com.... So we spent a night there. Then only the eltric at our office turned on so we came back to the office!

gini
09-10-2004, 10:22 AM
I just wanted to stop by here and tell all of you who have been impacted by these hurricanes how very sorry I am.

Your nerves must be right on the edge every minute.

I am just so sorry that you have had such huge losses in pets and destruction to your homes.

Mother Nature can be very cruel.

Miss Meow
09-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Libby, I'm so sorry about your pets. :(

I'm sorry about the damage to your home too. What a destructive old girl Mother Nature can be.

Our family is sending you lots of hugs and good wishes to get through all this :)

delidog
09-12-2004, 05:57 AM
Libby,
First let me offer my condolences for the loss of so many pets....This has been a Tough enough Year for you.....
Hopefully by now you have power and are able to start rebuilding..Luckily Ivan is not near us....W don't need another...Pres. Bush was here the other day handing out ice & water..Hopefully he saw what Pt.St.Lucie,Ft.Pierce,and 35 Other Counties Endured....
I just got My power back after 8 Days!!!:eek:
My House is Soooooo Dirty & moldy smelling....But we are very fortunate...We sustained No damage......
How is your Dad???? I know he is Near me.....
My store opened on Wed......Had to go to work w/ No shower since last Sat. morning....Yuck...We have been diving in the Green Pool....Yuk!!!
The houses in My area took a real beating.....But very spotty....one house will be completely trashed...and the one next to it....not a thing out of place....Very Strange....I took my dogs out as The Eye went over us...(We had a 4 hour window)...It was Frightening....Absolute Quiet...not even a frog or cricket churping...
Eerie.....
We have spent the week helping our neighbors put their roofs back on,pull their rugs out...and punch out their dry wall so the water can run.....
This has been Soooooo Tough on Everyone in Florida.....
Hope you are getting back to some sense of normalcy....