PDA

View Full Version : I can belive what I heard

FizzGiggs_Mommy
09-03-2004, 12:17 PM
They were intervewing people who were leaving Florida due to the hurricane. And one Woman said she left her DOGS BEHIND:eek: I wanted to jump through the TV and punch her right in the nose what is she thinking!!!! I sure do hope they make it ok.

robinh
09-03-2004, 12:33 PM
SHE LEFT HER DOGS???

I can't imagine leaving my dogs behind. When we had our last tornado go through, I refused to go to the basement until I had all the dogs safely downstairs. I had one that hid under a bed and had to drag her out.

Prayers for the dumb-dumb's dogs. They deserve all the help they can get with someone like that.

:mad:

Samantha Puppy
09-03-2004, 12:38 PM
I would never leave Samantha behind. When I was watching stories about people and their pets and Hurricane Charley, I was in tears just thinking of how scared some of those poor puppers and kitties must've been. I hugged Samantha close and told her I'd NEVER leave her. Ever. If something destructive this way comes, she's going with me where ever that is. I would never leave her alone. :(

My hearts and prayers go out to those animals in Frances' path. I hope they all bode well and aren't too scarred by their humans leaving them. :(

micki76
09-03-2004, 12:43 PM
No way would I EVER do that, I would drive north and just keep going until I was safely away. Then I would and stay in a park or on the side of the road if I had to. :mad: :mad: :mad:

pitc9
09-03-2004, 12:56 PM
OMG!!
She must be nuts!!!!
NOTHING could ever make me leave my dogs!

I live near a nuclear power plant, and I've told my hubby many times that no matter WHAT... I WILL save my dogs!

Once we had a scare of a leak, and I was at work (20 mins away from home) and I was ready to go home and get my pups!!
If I can't save them, then I'm ready to die with them!

I pray for that woman's dogs, I hope someone else saves them and I she never sees them again and spends the rest of her life not knowing what happen to them!

aly
09-03-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by pitc9

I pray for that woman's dogs, I hope someone else saves them and I she never sees them again and spends the rest of her life not knowing what happen to them!

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking.

What a selfish, disgusting woman. I would NEVER, EVER leave my dogs or cats behind. ALL of them would be in the car with me no matter WHAT I had to do.

LorraineO
09-03-2004, 01:17 PM
thats what I was thinking about all those pets when I started a thread on it a few days ago,,,,,,

the woman is heartless,,, and or stupid!!!!!

Jods
09-03-2004, 01:21 PM
what a horrible person....
once we had a warning for a flood and we packed everybody (and I mean EVERYBODY) into the car and headed to safe grounds... On the way we stopped for gas and you should have seen the guys face. big dogs, cats, birdcages, rabbit cage you name it lol... As if we could leave someone behind better be safe than sorry
p.s the flood never happened thank god!

dappledoxie
09-03-2004, 01:22 PM
Ugh I can't believe someone would just casually say they are leaving their dogs behind, that makes me so upset. I could never leave mine, they are my children!

Pam
09-03-2004, 01:58 PM
This woman is obviously not worthy of having animals at all. :mad: I can understand why shelters have to turn animals away. Years ago my parents had to be evacuated to a school during a hurricane which hit the Jersey shore where they lived. The chaos and confusion in the shelters that they spoke of would certainly be compounded by the addition of scores of cats and dogs, and the scenario of many not getting along, fights erupting, etc., is not a pleasant thought to ponder. So at least I can begin to understand why some have taken this stance. However....... that said, I would pack up my four and we would travel and sleep in the car if necessary if we couldn't find lodging that accepts pets. There is NO WAY I would leave any of mine behind.

snappy
09-03-2004, 02:52 PM
There are places that do except pets. My sister does a lot of traveling and takes her JRT with her almost everywhere they go.

The idea about leaving my boys is completely out of the question. My Sig. Other and I have a deal that we each grab one of them and get out of the house if there is a fire etc. No Pet Left Behind is the motto. The person in FLA - doesn't need to have a pet........

just MHO.......

DogLover9501
09-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by dappledoxie
Ugh I can't believe someone would just casually say they are leaving their dogs behind, that makes me so upset. I could never leave mine, they are my children!

Ditto :( :mad:

chrissycat21
09-03-2004, 05:00 PM
Thats so sad! I really do hope someone rescues those dogs! :(

When there was a tornado warning once, I had just gotten Taffy (This was before I had any other furry friends), I made my dad carry his cage into the basement until the tornado watch or whatever was over, and then we took him back upstairs. I could never leave one of my babies behind!

KYS
09-03-2004, 05:36 PM
Florida has enough hurricans that pet owners should
have a plan to evacuate their pets.
I can understand if you had no warning, but this was
certainly not the case this time. :(

CamCamPup33
09-03-2004, 07:43 PM
:( :(

My mom was also telling me she was talking to someone who told my mom, (After my mom descirbed about we didn't know where we were going to go because of Cami, and Cali.) "Well you know, family becomes before your PETS. Are you crazy? Get to that SHELTER!!" My mom looked at her like she was crazy and said "Well my pet's are my family, and i would NEVER leave them." She said the lady just about DIED. :p

Anyways, i expect their to be alot of stray dog's and cat's that need homes because people left them behind to go to family/friend's or shelter's. :(

senorita02
09-03-2004, 07:49 PM
how could someone do THAT???? I am sickened, like its really that hard to grab your dogs and bring them along???
I can just imagine them cowering in the corner terrified waiting to be saved by their owner, that lady should be killed, i know there harsh words but dogs are living breathing things too!!!!!! And im sick of people treating them like their stuffed animals and that they dont feel things too!!!!!!!!!!!!

jamie123
09-03-2004, 07:51 PM
I can, I rather leave my cat and live,then stay with the thing and die:rolleyes:

CamCamPup33
09-03-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by jamie123
I can, I rather leave my cat and live,then stay with the thing and die:rolleyes:

Then you aren't a TRUE animal lover. Any animal lover would give their life for the life of their pet's.

Aspen and Misty
09-03-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
Then you aren't a TRUE animal lover. Any animal lover would give their life for the life of their pet's.

Agreed!

Ashley

CathyBogart
09-04-2004, 02:58 AM
When I was first looking into getting a dog, I fell in love with a big white Staffy who had been left behind in a flood. :( Poor pups.

I would NEVER leave my dogs...my cat....my snakes...or any of my animals behind, I don't care what the situation is. They're my family, and they would have no way of knowing what was happening or how to help themselves.

CathyBogart
09-04-2004, 03:00 AM

The thing? Nice.

chrissycat21
09-04-2004, 01:48 PM

Your sure an animal lover!:mad: :rolleyes:

I don't see how she could leave her dog, a member of her family, behind!

When I was little and we did this fire saftey thing at school, they said to make an evacuation plan with your whole family. Well, I had an evacuation plan for my pets! I just could never leave any of them behind, I would risk my life for them!

LorraineO
09-04-2004, 05:27 PM

Thing??? THING???? Well,, gee,, arent we sweet????
Are you sure this is the right place for you?? Pet Talk is for ppl who love thier things,,, errr,, pardon me,,, we like to refer to our things as our babies,, our pets,,, our wonfderful companions....

Thing indeed,,,, whatever!:eek: :eek: :eek:

wolfie
09-04-2004, 08:04 PM
I would never leave any of my pets behind! Not even my goldfish! It's so sad that people would do that. :(