PDA

View Full Version : Bill Clinton in hospital

lizzielou742
09-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Also posted over in Dog House...http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57790

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,131383,00.html

Former President Clinton Admitted to Hospital
Friday, September 03, 2004

NEW YORK — Former President Bill Clinton (search) has been admitted to a New York hospital, a source confirmed to FOX News Friday.

The president is undergoing tests at Columbia Presbyterian Hospital (search). A source confirmed that Clinton was admitted after encountering a blockage in his arteries. The tests come with an eye towards heart bypass surgery within days.

"When someone is found to have an obstruction ... we usually do an angioplasty," said Fox News health contributor Dr. Isadore Rosenfeld. Rosenfeld said an angioplasty involves a balloon being inserted into
the artery to expand it. If that does not appear to be effective, the patients are usually taken into surgery.

A family friend close to the former president told FOX News that Clinton experienced chest pains a few days ago while at his home in Chappaqua, N.Y., and was taken to a local hospital. The sources said that Clinton had angioplasty done in the last day or two, but the results showed the problem was more serious than first anticipated, so he was transferred to Columbia Presbyterian, one of the top heart hospitals in the nation.

Clinton is one of the youngest presidents to have entered office, having been first elected in 1992. In July, he appeared at the Democratic National Convention, where he gave a rousing speech to rally support for John Kerry.

aly
09-03-2004, 01:19 PM
I saw that today on the news. At first I was worried, but they went more in depth and he should be just fine.

My prayers are with him for a speedy recovery.

petslover
09-03-2004, 01:28 PM
aww. I really like Bill Clinton. I wish him a very speedy recovery! God Bless!!

dappledoxie
09-03-2004, 03:18 PM
I just heard about this on the radio, I really hope he gets better!

swimma253
09-03-2004, 03:26 PM
I dont really like Bill Clinton. :rolleyes: But.. I hope he gets better.

tatsxxx11
09-03-2004, 05:02 PM
I do have a soft spot in my heart for him and hope and pray that his recovery is complete and swift. It was disheartening to hear some of his life long detractors commenting so thoughtlessly and cruelly on his illness today on the news:( Not a time for political commentary, I feel:(