PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous Breeds

wolf_Q
09-03-2004, 12:44 AM
I received the Best Friends magazine in the mail a couple of days ago. This is an article from it that I found quite interesting. Here's the URL to read it (you need adobe acrobat reader for it to work) http://www.bestfriends.org/allthegoodnews/specialfeatures/pdfs/DangerousBreeds.pdf

pitc9
09-03-2004, 08:03 AM
That article had me glued to my computer!

I feel so bad for pitties!

senorita02
09-03-2004, 08:26 AM
Did u know that the attack in San Francisco against the lady in the apartment complex who was killed by what the media said were 2 Presa Canarios, was not Presa Canarios?
The breeder whom we purchased Senorita from spoke on the Discovery channel and several other interviews, clarifiying the dogs were part Fila and other breeds as well although they did have SOME Presa in them, but that didn't stop the media from saying they were only Presas, and that is where they got there bad reputation, they didnt bother to mention they were mutts.
Or how they were trained by prison inmates, which caused them to be so aggresive,
Im so sick of the media taking certain breeds and making them into vicious killers as if these dogs were all born aggresive, they dont bother reporting how the owners abused them or trained them to be that way, as far as im concerned the owners who abuse there dogs & put them in dog fights for a quick thrill , they should be put to sleep not the dogs!

senorita02
09-03-2004, 08:47 AM
I was trying to cut and paste , the reason i wrote that is because there is a line in the article which says it again.;)

Jods
09-03-2004, 09:05 AM
Poor pitbulls thats terrible. I think any dog put througha all that would bite....

LorraineO
09-03-2004, 09:13 AM
Owning a dobie is just as bed ladies,,, there have been many ppl who freak when they see my Lucy,,, and trust me,, the only thing she bites is her kong ball... lol,,,, there are too many breeds getting a bad rap when its really some of us humans that perpertuate the falsehoods.. shame on us !!!!!!

I love dobies,, pitties,,, rotties,,,, I love em all,,,, any dog will bite,,, but then,, I have known a few humans that bite too,,, literally!!!! should we ban them too????? :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

PJ's Mom
09-03-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by LorraineO
I have known a few humans that bite too,,, literally!!!! should we ban them too????? :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

I'd rather see some humans banned than some of the doggies. ;)

lizzielou742
09-03-2004, 12:16 PM
Poor pitties. With the right training, we know pit bulls can be very sweet dogs. My cousin has a pit bull named Xena, and she's great. It's not her fault she was born with strong jaws! Obviously, families with small children should strongly consider not owning certain pets, but then again my best friend had half her face taken off by an Old English Sheepdog when she was ten. You can't judge behvior based on breed only. She'e fine now, BTW - plastic surgeons can work miracles!

Great link Wolf_Q!

guster girl
09-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by jamie123
I dont feel bad for the pit bulls what so ever. Why would anyone EVER want a pit bull. You know they are vicious. There not family pets. I like the ban of Pit bulls in Ontario. At last i can go there with out fear of been eaten. Get a Lab, or a Golden Retriever and not take the chance of biting and a get a cute dog at the same time. Why get a vicious dog?

My friend in high school was attacked by a golden retriever. Judging an animal on what you think you know based on what the media tells you is no different than basing opinions on races of people because of what the media chooses to show you. It's called racism, and, it's ignorant and cruel.

senorita02
09-03-2004, 08:00 PM
Sounds like you're stupid too you can't even spell, but i am not here to argue, i was bit pretty bad by a black lab a few years ago, however i have the brain capacity to know not to catagorize all dog breeds, as you would not do the same for all people of a certain race or ethnicity.

micki76
09-03-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by senorita02
Sounds like you're stupid too you can't even spell, but i am not here to argue, i was bit pretty bad by a black lab a few years ago, however i have the brain capacity to know not to catagorize all dog breeds, as you would not do the same for all people of a certain race or ethnicity.

LOL!

She's making trouble in General too. This happens every Friday night when people have nothing better to do. Ignore it and it will go away.

guster girl
09-03-2004, 08:11 PM
At least you'd think the child would learn to spell correctly and use proper sentence structure before attempting to rile up others. I try to see other's perspectives as often as I can, but, I still just don't understand how bored you have to be to resort to hurting people. I'm a firm believer in karma and this person either has already been seriously teased by others or is going to be later in life. Such a pathetic existence that must be. I was annoyed at first, but, then I did a search with that user name and ended up crying I was laughing so hard. WOW. You'd think if you really wanted to upset people, you'd do it with a little subtlety so that it wasn't so painfully obvious what you were trying to do.

guster girl
09-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Talking about not been able to spell.....

How would you spell it? roflmao

Tollers-n-Dobes
09-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Actually she spelled it correctly! Is your goal in life to go around annoying people and causing arguments.

guster girl
09-03-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Orangutango
Actually she spelled it correctly! Is your goal in life to go around annoying people and causing arguments.

Why, yes, it is. I seriously would like to meet someone who does this and ask them why. I mean, I'm getting a kick out of it personally because she's practically wearing a sign around her neck announcing her stupidity. I mean, it's sad, though, because some people might actually be hurt by something she says. Ah, well, hopefully most know better by now.

jamie123
09-03-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by guster girl
Why, yes, it is. I seriously would like to meet someone who does this and ask them why. I mean, I'm getting a kick out of it personally because she's practically wearing a sign around her neck announcing her stupidity. I mean, it's sad, though, because some people might actually be hurt by something she says. Ah, well, hopefully most know better by now.

ur wearing a sign around your neck saying ' im a hurtful individual'

micki76
09-03-2004, 08:42 PM
I love it when people say things they know are inflammatory and then cry "poor me"! Disgusting.

aly
09-03-2004, 11:32 PM
ur wearing a sign around your neck saying ' im a hurtful individual'

I met Kari in person and she is the NICEST, most sincere person ever! I can't say a bad thing about the girl. She's far from hurtful.

guster girl
09-04-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by aly
I met Kari in person and she is the NICEST, most sincere person ever! I can't say a bad thing about the girl. She's far from hurtful.

Thank you very much, aly. and, I can't be the nicest person ever when YOU are. ;)

EssTer
09-04-2004, 05:59 AM
:( I cant open it :(