PDA

View Full Version : Do you think this is a good idea for Halloween?

teenster3
09-02-2004, 09:47 PM
My husband & I have dressed up every year to hand out candy, go to parties, etc.
Last year we were married on Halloween & I asked him what we should dress in this year! He decided it'd be a great idea to wear our wedding clothes & dress up as a dead married couple. I like the dead part.....I like the evil side of dressing up:p
I'm just not sure if we should wear what we dressed up in. I wore a real store bought wedding dress that looked like a renassance type dress.
Matthew just bought his clothes online....no tux, just renassance type garb.
I wish I could show you a picture. I'm just wondering if this is a good idea. How many people save their wedding clothes from when they got married?

micki76
09-02-2004, 09:52 PM
I suggested this to my husband one year and we ended up having a huge fight over it. He was so offended and mad that I would do that to my wedding dress. :rolleyes: It's not like I'll ever wear the stupid dress again, but if I used it as a "dead bride" costume I might use it more than I do now.

I think it's a really neat idea. :)

lovemyshiba
09-03-2004, 12:37 AM
It will probably be the only time you get to wear the dress again--I know mine is still sitting in a closet and will be for a long time.

I think if that's what you two want to do--go for it!!
It sounds fun!!

BUT--we'll want pictures:p

Uabassoon
09-03-2004, 12:40 AM
I think as long as you are ok with it, it's a great idea. It will just add to the memories in that dress. I know some people think it's sentimental to keep it hanging in the closet. But I think making more memories is better.

jazzcat
09-03-2004, 01:01 AM
Well mine is still in the closet - it will have been there 14 years this month.:D I say if you like the idea go for it!!

micki76
09-03-2004, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
BUT--we'll want pictures:p

Ditto!! :D

anna_66
09-03-2004, 08:50 AM
My dress has been hanging in my closet for the last 18 years, and I'm sure that's where it will be hanging 18 years from now too:p
My husband just rented his tux so needless to say he doesn't have it any more.

Well I of course love the idea! I say use it, do something with it. After all it's just a dress and it sounds like so much fun!

pitc9
09-03-2004, 09:02 AM
I say go for it!

dappledoxie
09-03-2004, 01:03 PM
I think it sounds like a great idea, just as long as both of you would be happy with it. :D It'll make the clothes mean even more!

teenster3
09-06-2004, 12:27 AM
Actually.....that's what we decided to do.
My friend from work invited us to go "camping" in early October. They own a trailer & stay up there most of the summer. She says everyone always has a blast. The kids get their candy & the adults get their alcohol! They cruise around (dressed up) & go from place to place. I guess by the end of the night....you're feeling pretty good!:p It's sounds like something that might be fun to check out. Although, I'm not a big drinker so it probably won't take a lot for me to feel "happy"!
I do think it'd be cool to see what everyone else decides to dress up as. There's a few places around here that already has Halloween costumes up....some really cool ideas!
I'm STILL trying to figure out how to paint my face though! I like the true scary, evil look!:eek:

Tonya
09-06-2004, 10:23 AM
I say go for it too! Get some extra use out of your wedding dress. :D

KYS
09-06-2004, 10:52 AM
I had a girlfriend in high school that used her mom's wedding
dress and dressed up as a dead bride.
It was the best home made custome I had ever seen.

She put white pancake make up on and put dark grey around her
eyes and lipes.

I know it sounds rather creepy, but it really
was a great idea.