PDA

View Full Version : This made me so sad & sickened..:-(

QueenScoopalot
09-02-2004, 09:11 PM
SPIEGEL CATALOG SPORTS ANIMAL CRUELTY:
Although the new fall fashion catalog for Spiegel features a large selection of faux fur garments, it makes a major misstep by flaunting several real animal fur garments, including a black "beaver fur bolero" and "lambswool long coat." While the beaver fur garment is bad enough (most beavers trapped for fur are drowned by cruel underwater body-gripping traps), the deceptively-labeled "lambswool" coat is doubly disturbing. An HSUS exposé in 2000 revealed that many "lambswool" garments are actually constructed from the skins of up to 30 unborn lambs, which are highly prized because of their unique texture. Otherwise known as karakul lamb fur, the pelts are imported from Central Asian and South African fur farmers who literally cut the unborn lamb out of the pregnant ewe's belly, killing both the mother and the lamb. If the lamb is still alive when removed from her mother's womb, she is immediately killed and skinned. Her tiny body is then discarded and the pelt is shipped off to high-end fur coat manufacturers, who label the garments as "broadtail" lamb fur or "Persian lamb" fur.

WHAT YOU CAN DO:
Contact Spiegel and tell them that you are disappointed in their decision to incorporate the products of blatant animal cruelty into their fall catalog. Let them know that you cannot in good conscience patronize a company that profits from animal cruelty. Let them know that you are especially disgusted by their sale of karakul lamb fur and their misleading use of the term "wool."

Spiegel Customer Service
P.O. Box 9428
Hampton, VA 23670-0428
1-800-462-4789
or send them an email

Email [email protected] to receive (free) copies of brochures on the karakul lamb fur industry.

QueenScoopalot
09-02-2004, 09:14 PM
https://fall.spiegel.com/customer/contact.asp
I emailed them, although I've yet to buy anything from Spiegel, my dear friend does. So I called her, and told her I'm using her name...poor babies. :( :( :(

leslie
09-02-2004, 09:55 PM
what do you mean you're "using her name" i am thinking that means they can only accept email from customers?