PDA

View Full Version : Passion of the Christ

Harmanie
09-02-2004, 07:26 PM
I would have put this in general but I didn't want to make a mistake ya know?

Well any who, My boyfriend wants to take me to see the passion tomarrow but I don't know if I want to go. I've allready seen the passion and I'm not sure how I took it in. It was so graphic you know? I mean, the beatings that christ went through in the movie went on for 40 minits. And did I forget to mention how graphic it was? I mean, you can actually see the skin peeling off etc. God, Well I've only been dating my boyfriend for about 3 weeks now and we've been seeing each other as really good friends for about 5 months now. I have only been to his church once. How am I supposed to act. You know? Like what if I start to cry? I mean, well I didn't cry the first time I saw it. I was more shocked then anything. But what if I cry the second time. The second time can hit me more. But what can I do. I'm stuck you know. Feedback please.

Kate

AbbyMom
09-02-2004, 08:13 PM
Okay, Kate. You asked in the dog house so I'm gonna take a chance and respond.

I believe that the miracle of Christ is in the story of our redemption, not the suffering of Christ. I do not understand wanting to watch a movie of graphic, violent suffering.

I understand some people are genuinely spiritually moved by the incredible sacrifice, but you and I apparently are not among those.

I really don't know how to advise you with regard to your boyfriend. Except...except...you should always stand up for yourself and how you feel. If he doesn't agree (probably not) he should learn now that you sometimes have opinions that are different, but not necessarily wrong.

So if you feel that you would be uncomfortable and don't want to go, tell him so! He needs to learn to deal with it in a mature manner.

Lol it will be good for him! GOOD LUCK! Let us know if you go or not.

KYS
09-02-2004, 08:51 PM
If you feel uncomfortable watching the movie with him,
I feel he should understand and respect your wishes.

You can always discuss the movie with him after he sees it
with out you.

JMHO

Karen
09-02-2004, 08:52 PM
Does he know you've already seen it? Can you suggest another movie? Explain that you were uncomfortable enough the first time you saw it ...

Logan
09-03-2004, 07:35 AM
My opinion is that this is NOT a date movie. It's not a popcorn eating, Coke drinking movie either. You saw it, so you already know that. I saw it alone, and I was glad I was alone. I think I would suggest to your boyfriend that you spend your time together doing something more light-hearted than The Passion. You can certainly discuss it together, after he has viewed it, but I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to go see it. I'm not sure I want to watch it again even in the privacy of my own home. I'm glad I saw it, but one time might be enough.

Good luck in your decision.

Logan

guster girl
09-04-2004, 12:29 PM
I saw it once, and, will never watch it again. Anyone that gets offended because you don't want to see it isn't worth worrying about. Just tell him that once was enough, that's what I say when people have asked me to go and see it.

dukedogsmom
09-04-2004, 12:48 PM
I didn't care to see it, either. I don't understand why people get all worked up in a tizzy because we don't want to see it.

Harmanie
09-04-2004, 04:50 PM
Thank you for all of your replies. I did end up talking with him. I did tell him that I have allready seen it and that I was more numb with it then I was moved. I said that I didn't know If I would be comfortable with the movie and I was scared. He is a very understanding boyfriend and he respects me very much. So he said that he understood and we would figure somthing out. He also did not want to make me feel uncomfortable ether. I talked to my mum and she said she talked to his mum and she said his mum wasn't to keen on him watching it ether. She wasn't sure how he would take it. SO, he ended up taking me to another movie. I took my sister with us that way she wouldn't feel left out. she wanted to see the Princes Diaries 2 so that is the movie we watched. Well, that was a big jump in catagories huh? Well anywho, thank you so much for your input. I appreciate it a lot!and no, the passion is deffinetly not an eat food take a date kind of a movie! lol