PDA

View Full Version : Gaurdian Angels

Equus217
09-02-2004, 01:00 PM
The Setup:
Two elem. school kids just stopped by my office. It's fund raising time! So I groaned.....geez....can't really afford anything right now, but how do you say no to cute faces?

(Plus...they told me if they sell the most they get picked up in a limo and go to PIZZA PLANET!!! cool!!!!)

Sooo...I am flipping thru pages trying to find something for six bucks...chocolate, cheeses etc. Then I flip the page and see pet tags....score!

And as I look closer, they actually are round with an angel on them! Across the botom it reads "Please keep my pet safe"

I melted!! Have any of you guys seen these before?!?

I said "Gimmee five!" (you shoulda seen how big their eyes got! too cute!) note: $6 times 5= 30 bucks!! Those two were seeing pizza on the way out the door!

Anyway, just wanted to share with you all, thought this was a wonderful idea...and I will post a pic of them when they come in a couple months!:D

Equus217
09-02-2004, 01:55 PM
I forgot to mention, if anyone else would like one (or two...) I can contact the kids and place orders for you guys...I don't mind at all. Just let me know!

:)

DJFyrewolf36
09-02-2004, 03:40 PM
Only 6? Wow...I'll have to think about it but I might be able to talk mum into getting a couple for her mutts!

Laura's Babies
09-02-2004, 04:45 PM
:D :D :D :D ... Didn't want anything huh? I am laughing my butt off here! :D :D :D :D

RICHARD
09-02-2004, 07:12 PM
I had moved into a corner home and there was no fence around the perimeter, so people would short cut across the lawn...

My Lhasa would run out to greet the people.

One day two kids noticed the dog, played with it a bit and came back with a catalogue with all kinds of neat pet stuff....

I really didn't want to buy anything, sound familiar?, but picked out a few things....including a really neat placemat with doggie paws and bones around the edge......I payed them-I spent about 11 dollars- and off they went with visions of winning the 'best salesperson' award...

THAT was 20 years ago.... I drive by the neighborhood every week and I always think about those two 10 year olds that scammmed me out of my money...I guess it was my fault for being so trusting and so dumb......but there are times I secretly
daydream about those two.......I hope the graduated hi-school,
start their own business, make a million dollars in a few years, buy a nice home and then run afoul of the tax laws, get arrested and spend 5 years in prison....

All because they ripped me off....

I really liked that placemat!!!!:( ;) :eek: :confused:

catnapper
09-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Awwww, they sound like really cute name tags... and really cute kids. I got suckered into gift wrap one year! :D How can you not buy from those cutie pies?

catmandu
09-03-2004, 09:11 AM
I would love,to,but Canada,is a little far,and I cant have Pizza,but the Found Cats are game,extra anchovies Please!