PDA

View Full Version : Godspeed PJ

Glacier
09-02-2004, 12:02 PM
PJ is a lovely older husky cross who has been a resident of our shelter for the past month or so. He was coldly abandoned by his family when they moved away. A kind neighbor noticed the old boy trying to fend for himself and brought him in to the shelter.

PJ's health has failed him in the past week. He was never in great shape, but we had hoped for a retirement home for him. Unfortunately, he has taken a turn for the worse and will be euthanized tonight.

PJ is a sweet old soul who deserved better than this! After at least 11 years of devotion to his family, he deserved much more than spending his last days in a shelter. At least he will leave this world surrounded by people who love him, even if we have only loved him for a short time.

Godspeed PJ. :(

robinh
09-02-2004, 12:06 PM
Godspeed PJ. At the bridge you will find those who will love you and laugh with you again. Make sure to say Hi to my Peach - tell her I still miss her.
:(

Cinder & Smoke
09-02-2004, 12:19 PM

Safe Trip to The Bridge, Dear PJ!

When you get to The Bridge ~
Round up a Team and give my Mom a nice Sled Ride!
She'd love that!

You can be Lead Dawg!! ;)

/s/ :( Phred

lovemyshiba
09-02-2004, 12:42 PM
I hope dear PJ passes peacefully.
I know he will be loved at the Bridge, so many of our beloved ones are there to love and care for him.

Play hard, sweet PJ.

LorraineO
09-02-2004, 12:44 PM
I am trying to type thru tears,,,,

Please,, if y ou get a chance,,, before he goes,, you tell him his adopted cyber aunties and uncles here on PT wish him well and that he is such a wonderful boy...and not to be sad that his humans were cruel. We are not all like that and he is loved... even if its by people who have never met him...

PJ's Mom
09-02-2004, 01:01 PM
RIP, PJ. :( Say hi to my Brut when you cross the RB. He'd love to play tug 'o war with you.

My Peanuts
09-02-2004, 01:50 PM
RIP poor PJ. :( Run and play worry free at the RB.

Sudilar
09-02-2004, 02:57 PM
This just breaks my heart.
I have a love for the seniors and I hate to hear that PJ was abandoned after giving 11 years of his heart and soul to his family. What a cruel blow.
I am glad he found love at your shelter for his final days. Please give PJ a gentle kiss on the nose and tell him that even though I have never met him, I care... and send him on his great new journey with love. I can't type more for the tears are flowing freely........

tatsxxx11
09-02-2004, 03:18 PM
Like Sue, seniors are my passion. It's beyond heartbreaking to think that after so many years of loyal devotion and love, PJ was so cruelly abandoned:(:(:( How on earth a human can do such a thing and live with themselves, it incomprehensible to me. Yes, please, please, if you can, before his time, give him a gentle hug and kiss and whisper in his ear that he has many, many cyber aunties and uncles that send him off on his journey to the Rainbow Bridge with love in their hearts. If there is anything to be thankful for in all this, it is that PJ did not pass alone, frightened and suffering; that at least for a short while, he knew the kindness and gentle touch of such caring humans as you. Bless you beautiful PJ. Thank you for gracing this earth with your beautiful spirit. You'll make a glorious and beloved furangel and I will keep you in my thoughts and in my heart. Sandra

sabies
09-02-2004, 05:25 PM
11 years . . . and then abandoned? I cannot imagine how heartless they must be. Godspeed PJ, at the Rainbow Bridge you will never be alone and you will always be playing.

captain
09-02-2004, 05:42 PM
At least PJ had you for the last part of his life .......... and felt REAL LOVE AND DEVOTION.
You are amazing.

Godspeed PJ. Play happily at the RB honey, knowing all of us will miss you ......

anna_66
09-03-2004, 08:25 AM
Although I never knew you I feel very close to you. I know you've already passed but I couldn't help say how much you were loved by your surogate family at the shelter.
Glacier I'm so glad that you all loved this sweet senior so much. I can't imagine abandoning an dog that has given his life to his family for 11 years:(

Godspeed to the bridge PJ and say hi to my little Keisha.

pitc9
09-03-2004, 08:45 AM
Sweet PJ, now that you are now gone from this cold cruel world, you can finally live. Run free and play hard at RB.

Tears fall from my face for this dog I've never met.

cloverfdx
09-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Dear PJ know that you were loved and well cared for in your last days, Glacier thankyou for taking care of this sweet old senior.

How can people be so heartless??? :(

*Tears*

Run free at the bridge dear PJ.

LorraineO
09-03-2004, 11:17 AM
glacier,,, Has sweet old PJ gone to the RB and found his peace? I hope you had a chance to pass along our messages of love for this wonderful boy......

guster girl
09-07-2004, 12:09 AM
I don't visit this section as much as some of the others, so, I missed this thread. I can't even fathom leaving a pet behind, but, especially an older one. :( Poor thing, he must have been so confused, this made me very sad.

swimma253
09-07-2004, 07:27 AM
RIP PJ. :( Play hard at the RB.

susie
09-07-2004, 09:28 AM
That is just such a sad story if i wasnt at work i would be crying right now, some people can be so cruel how dare they abandon PJ especially after 11 years!
Pj will find love and frienship at the rainbow bridge no doubt!

talia22
09-07-2004, 09:40 AM
I am so sad to hear about PJ! I cannot imagine what kind of monster would abandon a dog who has been there for them for 11 yrs! Im sure he is much happier at the RB playing with all the other dogs including my Princess the border collie!

Aspen and Misty
09-07-2004, 09:41 AM
O, I'm so sorry to hear about PJ. :(

May he rest in peace, the sweet boy.

Ashley

Albea
09-07-2004, 12:54 PM
Sweet, old PJ, you must be at the Bridge by now, young and healthy again, where nobody ever again will abandon you.
When I'm enraged by the cruelty of some humans, I have to remind myself that there are also caring, generous people who are willing to give love even if it is for a few days of a dog's life. Thanks...

lizbud
09-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Rest In Peace Dear P J .:(

In true dog fashion, you would probably forgive these
thoughtless humans and run to greet them on their return.
They don't deserve a loving soul like yours.

Play whole & healthy at Rainbow Bridge P J.