PDA

View Full Version : Lucy is being weird!!! help

LorraineO
09-02-2004, 11:55 AM
I cant figure out whats wrong with Lucy today... she will NOT leave my side today,,, if I move,, shes like my shadow,, right there at my heels,,,, she is a velcro dog by nature,, but today shes just plain overding it!! shes eating,,, shes herself,,, just stuck to me like glue,,,,,

do you think its because today is my sons first day back at school and because hes not here she is feeling,,, insecure?

Smilla
09-02-2004, 12:02 PM
Maybe so! Something is new and unusual, and you know how dogs are--they want every day to be EXACTLY the same! I'm sure she'll realize that nothing is really wrong--eventually. ;)

lovemyshiba
09-02-2004, 12:04 PM
Kito does that occasionally too. The first time he did it, he also had some other weird symptoms, like heavy breathing and almost like shivering, so off to the vet's he went. Turns out he had injured his leg, and was being a "tough guy" not limping or anything, but definitely hurt.
He does still do it, but not always if he's hurt.
He knows if I'm not feeling well, or sad, and tends to cling to me then, and also if he's done something he wasn't supposed to, he ALWAYS sticks to me--he knows daddy is the one who yells at him, I suppose.

Anyway, Lucy probably does think something weird is going on, and that's why she's doing it. Not having your son around is a change for her, so she's sticking closer to what she knows.

LorraineO
09-02-2004, 12:41 PM
I sure hope thats all it is,,, one shadow is enuff,,,,, and that one I dont trip on,,,:D We will see how she is once he gets home...

thanks for your replies ladies....:)

lovemyshiba
09-02-2004, 09:31 PM
Just wondering how Lucy acted once your son got home--back to normal??
:)

LorraineO
09-03-2004, 08:42 AM
Welll... I sunno,,, maybe,,, but not quite,,, she was okay until after supper,, then right back on my butt...... she didnt act any more happier then usual to see him come off the bus,, its kind of weird,,,, do you think she is having a delayed reaction to us having Rose in the house for that overnighter??