http://abcnews.go.com/sections/US/SciTech/animal_abuse_040902-1.html

Equus217
09-02-2004, 12:29 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

no words for them.....what goes around comes around

lizzielou742
09-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Are those guys INSANE?

"In their statements to the Wilkeson deputy marshal who investigated the case, the two young men said they first fed the dog and tried to find it a home, and when they couldn't they decided the only thing to do was to kill it."

Yeah, God forbid they take it to an animal shelter :mad:

"We shot it with a bow," he told KOMO-TV, but he denied they shot the dog several times, saying they were just trying to put the stray out of its misery.

"I'm not cruel to animals, I just figured I would do what's best," he said.

"They don't look remorseful at all," Tava Bess of the Progressive Animal Welfare Society told KOMO-TV. "They were giggling and laughing. As soon as their attorneys re-entered the courtroom they stopped laughing. It's a joke to them; they think they're going to get off."

That's just disturbing. I hope they both end up in jail. :mad: :mad:

PJ's Mom
09-02-2004, 01:04 PM
Here's the kicker:

Testimony is expected to begin today in the trial of two Wilkeson men — one of them the son of the mayor —

We'll be lucky if anything comes of this. :mad:

moosmom
09-02-2004, 01:12 PM
Son of the Mayor

:mad: :mad: THAT says it all! :mad: :mad:

DJFyrewolf36
09-02-2004, 04:21 PM
I smell a bribe but...hey I'm cynical.

davidpizzica
09-03-2004, 07:14 AM
Did these two, uh, men ever think of taking the dog to the vet for treatment??!! Yeah, I guess being the son of the mayor they will get a slap on the wrist. They really didn't care how the poor dog suffered as long they got their jollies. revolting.

stacwase
09-03-2004, 07:38 AM
Am I missing something here?

On the last page it says that the prosecutor didn't want them punished, but that the judge FOUND THEM GUILTY.

The whole courtroom stood up and cheered because the judge found them guilty, right? I read it a couple of times and I'm pretty sure that's what it says.

lizzielou742
09-03-2004, 07:49 AM
stacwase- Hmmm, I went back and read it again. They have changed the article some since I first read it yesterday. Seems they've updated it. Anyway, I am glad they're guilty, just wonder what their sentence is going to be?

QueenScoopalot
09-03-2004, 10:33 AM
They'll probably get probation if that. :mad: I'd like to take care of their sentencing....heading out to buy a bow & arrows. ;)

davidpizzica
09-03-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
They'll probably get probation if that. :mad: I'd like to take care of their sentencing....heading out to buy a bow & arrows. ;) QSA, do you want to take turns with me shooting those arrows? This is the only sentence they deserve:mad: :mad: :mad:

DJFyrewolf36
09-03-2004, 10:45 AM
They'll probably get probation if that. :mad: I'd like to take care of their sentencing....heading out to buy a bow & arrows. ;)

Im starting an "Arrow Drive" anyone want to pitch in? :mad: Slimeballs, at least they got convicted!

Maresche
09-03-2004, 10:49 AM
Why buy multiple arrows? One for each would do nicely. After all, they didn't shoot the dog with multiple arrows.

davidpizzica
09-03-2004, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
Im starting an "Arrow Drive" anyone want to pitch in? :mad: Slimeballs, at least they got convicted! That's true, DJF, but I doubt that they will get jail time out of this. I'll pay for the bow!!

QueenScoopalot
09-03-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by david p
QSA, do you want to take turns with me shooting those arrows? This is the only sentence they deserve:mad: :mad: :mad:
David, you've got a deal! We can all take turns pulling the arrows out, and shooting them again until they bleed to death. :mad:

RICHARD
09-03-2004, 01:53 PM
David, you've got a deal! We can all take turns pulling the arrows out, and shooting them again until they bleed to death. :mad:

I'd like to pronounce the "sentence" while you stand behind them with a bow and arrow......

The sentence???

"RUN, @RSEHOLES!"

snappy
09-03-2004, 02:05 PM
:mad: :mad:

To make it fair - have ONE arrow for both of them. That way they can both watch what the other goes through.....after all it was such fun the first time around right?

:mad: :mad:

stacwase
09-03-2004, 05:29 PM
One arrow each - shooting them and pulling it out until they die. But only AFTER starving them and making them beg for food, not feeding them and tying them to somebody's barn.

lizbud
09-03-2004, 05:29 PM
Yes, the article has been changed & updated from what it
had stated in the beginning. The verdict had not been reached
yet and what drove me crazy was the fact that the judge had
insisted "intent" be proven to get a guilty verdict on animal
cruelity.
The very act of shooting one arrow over & over into the dog
until it finally died was already an inherently cruel act in
itself. Could the judge not see that? :mad:

Freckles
09-03-2004, 05:44 PM
This version seems clearer (http://www.komotv.com/stories/32864.htm)

davidpizzica
09-03-2004, 06:40 PM
This statement from the defense attorney made me see RED "*IT's not a pretty picture. I don't necesarily enjoy the thought of it myself. But as depressing, sad, and maybe tragic, as that is, it's not torture" Said defense attorney Phillip Bolland. That is pure hogwash(I could use stonger language,but this is a family forum) In my opinion, IT IS TORTURE! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: