PDA

View Full Version : I need a Logo! :)

NoahsMommy
09-02-2004, 12:00 AM
Anyone who is interested, please feel free to participate. :)

Two colleagues and I have started “Part 1” of a company and we need a logo. I know there are many people on here that are very, very talented in this arena, so I wanted to open it up here if there was an interest.

Its a pet products business, we're making cat/dog/small pet leashes, harnesses, collars, homemade organic treats and toys. We plan to make animal beds and dog clothes soon as well.

Its called Moggies & Doggies (Thanks Ash!) and we need a logo we can put on everything from letterhead to invoices to our packaging. We’re leaning towards a British theme, if that helps. :)

I thought if people wanted to, you can post or send their designs to our Email Address ([email protected]) and we could vote on them (my colleagues and I) and whomever we picked, we would send cat/dog treats and collars to as a thank you.

Anyone interested?? :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-02-2004, 12:07 AM
I would love to make you a logo!! :D Anything you want on it?

Kfamr
09-02-2004, 12:07 AM
I'm interested! I don't have time to work on it as of right now though, since i'm going of vacation, but if you guys are still in need of one by the time I get back i'll definitely participate.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-02-2004, 12:08 AM
Oh, and what size?

NoahsMommy
09-02-2004, 12:16 AM
Sorry, guess I should have been a little specific, huh? ;)

It'll have to be able to be put on letterhead (8 1/2" x 11"), a website, address labels, a tag about 3" x 2". So it may be best to create a larger one for the letterhead/website and the same one, but smaller for the smaller items.

:)

We would like to have a picture of a dog and cat, if possible. The font should be a bit curvy, as we'd like it a bit English looking.

:) I'm so excited people want to do this. Thanks so much!!

Edit: I'd also like to have our email address on the image (for everything but the website and mailing labels):
[email protected]

I know we'll need a phone number added too. Is it hard to add to an image if its already created?

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-02-2004, 12:43 AM
If you want, you could PM me your address and #, etc... it would be easier to add it now. It wouldn't leave the safety of my pm, and I could delete it when im done. :)

NoahsMommy
09-02-2004, 12:50 AM
Sounds perfect! :) I'll talk to the others and PM you tomorrow.

binka_nugget
09-02-2004, 12:56 AM
Sounds interesting. If I can find some time this week, I'll give it a shot.

popcornbird
09-02-2004, 01:01 AM
I might give it a try too. Sounds like fun! :D

Should it say Moggies and Doggies on it, along with the email address?

NoahsMommy
09-02-2004, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by popcornbird
I might give it a try too. Sounds like fun! :D

Should it say Moggies and Doggies on it, along with the email address?
Cool! :)

I'm thinking maybe we'll need three images:

1 larger one with the email address, mailing address, phone number and logo (which I'll PM that information to anyone interested tomorrow)

1 smaller one, just like the larger one

1 small with just the logo

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-02-2004, 01:13 AM
Great, I've made a couple already!

popcornbird
09-02-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Cool! :)

I'm thinking maybe we'll need three images:

1 larger one with the email address, mailing address, phone number and logo (which I'll PM that information to anyone interested tomorrow)

1 smaller one, just like the larger one

1 small with just the logo

Sounds great! Feel free to PM me when you're ready.

Any specific colors you'd like to be used?

NoahsMommy
09-02-2004, 01:27 AM
I don't have any specific colors in mind. Just something professional and stylish.

We started the collars and leashes last week and today...they are looking so nice! We're focusing on Autumn fabrics, but bought a lot of cute, fun print.

Basically, I want the logo fun, but nice.

In general, I tend to like more logos that are free formed, not boxed in.

Does that help?

EDIT: As far as fonts go, I like the look of Times, when its italicized. Something curvy, like that would be nice. :)

aly
09-02-2004, 01:47 AM
I can't help ya with the logo part, but I can help ya by buying stuff! Hehe :D

I just have a stupid question. What is a moggie?

NoahsMommy
09-02-2004, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by aly
I can't help ya with the logo part, but I can help ya by buying stuff! Hehe :D

I just have a stupid question. What is a moggie?
:) You're sweet, thanks Aly! :)

A moggie is what the British call cats. (maw-gee)

:D

aly
09-02-2004, 01:49 AM
Ahh, thanks Kelly! Hehe, I just said "here moggie moggie moggie" and had 4 cats and a dog come to me. So I must have 4 bilingual cats and 1 confused puppy ;)!

NoahsMommy
09-02-2004, 01:49 AM
OK....I created an account with Tripod...its not active or anywhere near done (just has our name on it), but this will be the website address:
http://moggies-and-doggies.tripod.com/

I guess we should add that to the logo too? (the one for the letterhead and labels)

I promise I'll have this a complete request by tomorrow. ;)

NoahsMommy
09-02-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by aly
Ahh, thanks Kelly! Hehe, I just said "here moggie moggie moggie" and had 4 cats and a dog come to me. So I must have 4 bilingual cats and 1 confused puppy ;)!
ha ha!! That is way too cute!!! :)

Mine usually look at me, all confused when I call them moggies. I had better get them well versed soon. ;)

lovemyshiba
09-02-2004, 10:29 AM
Like Aly, I can't really help by making anything, but I will be excited to buy something when it's available!!!:)

If you need any doggie models, I have 4 willing volunteers:)

NoahsMommy
09-02-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by lovemyshiba
Like Aly, I can't really help by making anything, but I will be excited to buy something when it's available!!!:)

If you need any doggie models, I have 4 willing volunteers:)
Excellent, thank you! :)

swimma253
09-02-2004, 12:36 PM
hehhe! What a great idea! I too am not creative... but Meeka would be more than happy to be a model! ;) :p

Carly

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-02-2004, 01:26 PM
I've made a couple, I'll email them to you and see what you like!

NoahsMommy
09-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Cool! Thanks! :)

NoahsMommy
09-08-2004, 11:37 PM
If anyone else needs the phone number and address, just let me know. :) I sent it to a few, but didn't want to leave anyone out.

:D

Kfamr
09-08-2004, 11:41 PM
If you'd like, send them to me.

I'm going to bed now but hopefully will have time to work on them tomorrow.

NoahsMommy
09-09-2004, 10:58 AM
Thanks! :)