PDA

View Full Version : Good-bye, Sweet Chloe

Desert Arabian
09-01-2004, 10:38 PM
*Please do not move, posted it in here for a reason. Thanks :) *

My darling Chloe's suffering came to an end around 4:10 this afternoon. She had been suffering too long and it was time for me to say good-bye. She was supposed to have her tumor removed Monday, August 30th. I was in Kentucky from August 21-27, when I got home she was in terrible condition. I am so mad at myself for not having her tumor removed before the trip, but I figured I didn't want her to have the surgery, then have me not be there to care for her after surgery- my dad is too dumb to do it. I thought for sure she would be ready for the surgery, but I guess I set my hopes to high. :(

It turns out Chloe had cancer. When you palpated her tumor you could feel other small hard balls in the tumor- unlike the benign tumor Oreo had. Dr. Fellenz also suspected she had some kind of internal infection, which would explain why she had green secretions coming out of her "girly parts".

She was putting up a small battle, she would eat baby food off of my finger and occasionally take some drinks from the water bottle, even groom herself- but she was too far gone- she could not be helped/saved.

I stroked and petted her and said my good-byes and apologizes as Dr. Fellenz put her to sleep. :(

She joined her sister Daisy, boyfriend Oscar, Fred, Peanut, Oreo, Skittles, Punkin, Nugget, and Sweet Pea in Rattie Heaven. Someday, I will see them all again. Her final resting place will be at our cottage where Peanut, Daisy, Oscar, and Fred are buried - that was our favorite little place to travel to and will be in our family forever. Lots of great memories were made at the cottage with the ratties.

I just can't believe she is gone, and I can't believe I only have 3 gorgeous girls. I've lost 9 loved ones, most within a year. :( After these 3 make their passage, I will be taking a break from rat ownership, I can't handle it anymore. :( :(

Baby Chloe:
http://members.aol.com/DesertArabian87/chloe1.jpg
http://members.aol.com/DesertArabian87/chloe2.jpg

Tumor starting to grow:
http://members.aol.com/DesertArabian87/Khloe.JPG

“That sun feels good!”:
http://members.aol.com/DesertArabian87/Khloe1.JPG

CHLOE JEAN
March 09, 2003- September 1, 2004
Rest In Peace, Wonderful Princess

Honkers36
09-01-2004, 10:52 PM
So sorry to here of your loss. My daughter had several rattuses(as she calls them) growing up in our home. Whith each one I never thought I could hurt anymore. Be consoled that she is in a better place and she doesn't hurt anymore. She will be truely surrounded by your love in heaven.

green_chameleon_girl
09-01-2004, 11:01 PM
I am so sorry about Chloe:( If you need to talk you can PM me anytime:)

manda_moo87
09-01-2004, 11:29 PM
So so sorry to hear about your loss of dear little Chloe. What a beautiful girl she was...:):( RIP sweet girl.

wolf_Q
09-01-2004, 11:53 PM
Laura, I'm so very sorry. I can't even imagine how hard it is to lose so many beloved ratties in such a short time. Chloe was a beautiful girl. May she rest in peace. :(

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-02-2004, 12:02 AM
RIP Chloe... Play hard at the rattie RB. :(

DJFyrewolf36
09-02-2004, 12:15 AM
*hugs* to you! I am here for you, I know how hard the loss of a rattie can hit. RIP sweet Chloe, play hard with all the other loved ratties.

The pain may be almost unbearable, but to me it is worth it for the love a rat gives in their too short life with us.

petslover
09-02-2004, 08:29 AM
hey i'm sorry to hear that. i know pets become like family so when you lose one its really sad. so take care and remember its in a better place now

Jods
09-02-2004, 08:58 AM
I'm so Sorry about chloe, she was a very beautiful rat. You did the right thing. I hate the way our small animlas leave us too soon.
RIP-sweet girl

Logan
09-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Laura, I am so very sorry about Chloe. :( :(

My Peanuts
09-02-2004, 12:06 PM
I'm so sorry. She was beautiful :(

swimma253
09-02-2004, 01:34 PM
Oh no! RIP sweet Chloe. Play hard at the RB. :(

Aspen and Misty
09-02-2004, 02:43 PM
It's so sad that ratties only have such a short time with us. I wish they would live longer, they are one of the greatest pets I've ever known.

You have been such a wonderful momy to Chloe, she couldn't of asked for better. I can't think of anyone who spoils there ratties more then you.

Rest In Peace sweet Chloe, may you pray hard at the Rainbow bridge you sweet girl.

Ashley

Desert Arabian
09-02-2004, 03:18 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind comments. Here little hospital cage is still on top of my dresser, but there is no Chloe in there. :( I keep looking into the plastic igloo to see if she is there.

wabbitwuver
09-02-2004, 05:53 PM
aww....SO sad *starts crying*:( Poor Chloe! Poor you! It will hurt for a while but the pain will go away! Do male rats die quickly too? My guy friend has a male rat, it's name is something to do will it's balls(don't ask he's and odd one *raises eyebrow*). Your Chloe is now prancing around at the RB with no pain or suffering! I didn't realize how quickly rats passed away! Maybe after rats try rabbits or degus. Goodluck with your other rattie girls and RIP sweet Chloe!:(

Desert Arabian
09-02-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by wabbitwuver
Maybe after rats try rabbits

That's what I am doing, I will be adopting a rabbit sometime in the spring or summer. I have been doing research for a long time. I have a job now, so I can provide for the bun bun, instead of having to rely on my parents.

wolfie
09-03-2004, 09:47 AM
I am so sorry. :( Chloe was a beautiful girl.