PDA

View Full Version : Nebo was a BAD boy today

wolf_Q
09-01-2004, 10:04 PM
UGH...My parents had finally said ok to letting me leave him loose in the house while I go to work. He's been doing that for maybe the past 3 weeks or so. He was doing GREAT!!

I'd been leaving him with a kong and a treat ball to keep him occupied. Before I left for work I made sure that I made him go potty and chase his ball in the backyard until he was tired. I made sure all of the doors were shut and nothing interesting was on the floor. Whenver I came home he was just sleeping in the kitchen, being as good as gold.

Well, I didn't have a car today so my dad had to take me to work, I had to leave about an hour earlier than usual. The sprinkler system was going still because it was so early...I had Nebo go outside and potty but he wouldn't chase his ball with the sprinklers on. I should have taken him for a walk or something, but I didn't think of that.

I think because of not getting exercise before we left he got more bored that usual...and a bored husky is a destructive husky. He pulled a potted plant off of the counter and made the biggest mess. It was in a wicker basket type thing...quite a large one, with a lot of dirt. He had the dirt spread ALL OVER the front room and the kitchen...there were leaves everywhere, and also bits of wicker basket that he totally destroyed!
:eek:

Needless to say, my parents are now pissed at me and Nebo is no longer allowed to stay loose in the house. :rolleyes: I tried to tell them it was because he didn't get to run, but they won't listen to me of course! *sigh*

RobiLee
09-01-2004, 10:21 PM
UH OH!!

Oh, Amy....I don't know what to say. Try not to get too frustrated about it and please don't be too mad at your parents for not wanting him to be out right now. Give it a little bit more time and maybe they will give it another try.

I am really starting to find out that the phrase "A tired husky is a good husky" is sooooo true! That Tori keeps me on the go all the time, but I'm finding out that keeping her busy and wearing her out is the key to everything...lol.

Nebo, you behave yourself! Quit getting into trouble, you hear?

Hugs for you, Amy.......{{{HUGS}}}

Robin :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-01-2004, 10:26 PM
Oooh... Naw-tee Nebo!!

Sounds like something Charlie would do... he enjoys biting the leaves off the plants and making huges messes...

Oh well... Sorry Amy!

Corinna
09-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Oh Nebo you silly boy, Amy so sorry to hear this. I know you've been working so hard on his little faults. Hope you can prove again he can be trusted.

Cincy'sMom
09-02-2004, 05:41 AM
Nebo...silly boy. you can't dig in the house :D

Must be in the air or something...we were gone for 45 minutes Monday night and they tore the garbage up and spread it all over the house!!!

We got new furniture yesterday, so after Monday night's antics, they have lost free reign privledges while we are not home and are just inthe kitchen...maybe by Monday they can raom again...

shais_mom
09-02-2004, 05:58 AM
OIII!!
Nebo you bad bad boy!!!
You shouldn't make mommy stress so!

Pam
09-02-2004, 06:15 AM
Oh Nebo you should try Flip Wilson's old reply. Just tell them "the devil made me do it!" :p Amy, I'm sorry this had to happen but honestly I had to smile a little when I read of the destruction. Isn't it amazing what gets their attention sometimes? :) Many of my house plants have taken a tumble due to my cats. :rolleyes: I'm sure that soon Nebo will restore everyone's faith in him and he will once again be able to be patrolling the house while everyone is away. :) This too shall pass. :)

petslover
09-02-2004, 08:17 AM
dogs gone wild this week.. huh? lol! Tiger&Buster last night knocked over the garbage can in the kitchen and got everything out of it and drug it underneath the bed so i was up most of the night cleaning up from under my bed. i was so mad at the time because i hate getting woke up in the middle the night for something like that.

pitc9
09-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Oh Nebo... You Bad Boy!!

Don't you know it's always more fun to dig in the dirt when it's outside! Silly Boy!

:D

EssTer
09-02-2004, 10:40 AM
UhOh... I'm sorry to hear that, Nebo you werent quite nice :( I'm sorry that you both got in trouble...

DogLover9501
09-02-2004, 11:09 AM
:eek: Nawtee Nebo!

I know how frustrated you must be for not wearing him out first, Amy! I hope your parents will reconsider...eventually ;)

Give Nebo a hug for me :)

Cinder & Smoke
09-02-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q

... He pulled a potted plant off of the counter
and made the biggest mess...

dirt spread ALL OVER the front room and the kitchen...
*sigh*

:eek:
Uhhhh-Ooooooh! NAWWWW-Teeee NeBo!! :(

Hope ya had *phunn*, though! :p

Cinnerz here...
I dun sum DUMM Stuntz like dat, too!
Dad went onna Mom-visit - left me anna Kat upstairz.
Kat got tiurd of bein IT" allua tyme while "we" played TAG;
he klimbed up an SAT onna bookcase; so'z I wuz BOOOORED ta tearz...

Dad wuzint a Happie Kampur ( :mad: ) when he kame home and found I'd
:eek: chewed da fabrik "skirt" offa padded Ezee-Chair!
Then, ta make matterz worser; I dun it AGIN da next week -
to da "matchin" Kouwch! They still "match" - BOFF got'z da Skirt missin! :cool:

(Spent sum "Home Alone Tyme" down inna basement till
allua UN-Happiness wore off!)

Try ta look *REEL KUTE* when ya see G-Maw an G-Paw durrin da
next few daze! (Mite Help) ;)

cloverfdx
09-02-2004, 11:44 AM
Oh dear Nawtee boy Nebo :(. Amy i hope your parents will give Nebo another go at roaming free in the house once everyone settles down a bit.

Goodluck and please keep us updated.

LorraineO
09-02-2004, 11:47 AM
uh oh,,, a bored doggie can be a nasty doggie,,,, oh well,, it happens,, dont be too mad at your parents,, maybe after a while they will calm down and try again...... esp since you couldnt get him worn out the way you did before....

lovemyshiba
09-02-2004, 12:13 PM
Ok Amy, I'm not trying to be mean, but I did giggle a little at Nebo's little escapade--isn't just like a dog to do something like that!!!!!

I'm no sooner beggin my husband to let them stay out, or telling someone how good they are, and they always make a liar out of me!!!

It's too bad you weren't the first one home, maybe you could have cleaned it up and blamed it on yourself or something--that's what I usually try to do if I leave the dogs out:p

Nawtee boy Nebo;)

dappledoxie
09-02-2004, 12:55 PM
Uh oh, poor Nebo. Maybe another day they'll give it another shot. I can totally understand, my mom is the same way, but she would never let mine stay out in the whole house.

micki76
09-02-2004, 06:22 PM
Aw, Nebo. :( I know how hard it was to convince your parents to try this, Amy. :( I hope that eventually they'll give him another chance.

Is he going back to his crate or the kennel?

shais_mom
09-02-2004, 06:25 PM
I agree with Amy it really must be the weather b/c MYYYY little red devil got away twice today. She was in BBIIIIIIGGGG TRUBBLE!

Corinna
09-02-2004, 06:42 PM
Is it the weather Both Merlin and Lady have been strange. I think in our case daddy was gone for a week. Both dogs were glued to the back of my legs.(ever tried walking with a Newfy and a springer glued to you?) I almost fell about ever third step. So glad hes home the imperail guard has relaxed.I CAN WALK AGAIN!!!!!!!
Amy how are the tensions at home now?

captain
09-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Oh Amy,

Let's hope your parents see the "funny" side eventually, and understand that he really needed to run before you left .....

Originally posted by lovemyshiba

It's too bad you weren't the first one home, maybe you could have cleaned it up and blamed it on yourself or something--that's what I usually try to do if I leave the dogs out:p

ROTFL - That is what my Mum does ........... before my Dad gets home (she has a staffie .......)

When I lived at home, I used to race home for my PitBull when she was a puppy - and clean up ANYTHING nawtee she did before Dad got home.
That must be why he thought she was the best dog we ever had ...... :D

anna_66
09-02-2004, 09:18 PM
Awwww Nebo, why'd you have to go a be a nawtee boy? Don't you know if your good you get to have free roam of the house!

Hopefully your parents will reconsider and give Nebo another chance.

wolf_Q
09-02-2004, 09:27 PM
I don't think they'll be reconsidering anytime soon, they are still mad about it. :rolleyes: If it were my own house he would of course get many more chances lol.

I don't like leaving him in the dog run anymore, he was stung by a bee a while ago and his face swoll all up...I worry that could happen while I'm not there and it could be worse. So I'm leaving him in his crate. I took him out to run 3 times before I left this morning and gave him a greenie, kong, and a milkbone ball...he was sleeping when I got home!

Oh and yes if I would have gotten home first you sure bet I would have cleaned it up and made up some excuse lol. :o