PDA

View Full Version : Ugh...I feel horrible

jamie123
09-01-2004, 09:57 PM
I've been feeling *awful* since lunch today.

I think i may of gotton food poisening:eek: :( I'm so freaked out because my parents are out of town, and this is my first time been alone over night. I was supposed to have a friend over, but i feel **HORRIBLE!!** Do you get a fever when your food poisened? I dont think u do, but it sure feels like it!

Katiesmom
09-01-2004, 10:01 PM
awww...hope you start feeling better.....Is there any way you can call your parents and talk to them? I don't know if you run a fever with food poisoning or not its been awhile since I've been there...."knock on wood" but hope you feel better:)

AbbyMom
09-01-2004, 10:13 PM
Sorry you're feeling poorly.

I just thought I'd let you know that two people at work in the last two days told me that their teenagers might have had food poisoning, but it turned out that it was this very nasty, nasty flu going around. And another coworker got it himself and was out several days.

A fever usually indicates an infection (such as a viral infection).

Drink plenty of fluids! Dehydration from stomach/intestinal illnesses is a serious matter!

I agree with Katiesmom...can you call your parents and at least let them know you're feeling poorly?

Hope you feel better!

jamie123
09-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Thanks, I dont want to call them because it took enough convincing to let me do this and if i tell them somthing is wrong i will NEVER be able to do it again.

I've thrown up like 15 times and i have fever..... this is one of the few times i will admitt i want my mom:(

Katiesmom
09-01-2004, 10:21 PM
OMG:eek: you have thrown up 30 times....you need to call your MOM you may need to go to the doctors if you let this go it could get worse...if your wanting to show your parents that you are responsible enough to stay home alone then this would be a way to show them by calling them and letting them know whats going on!

jamie123
09-01-2004, 10:24 PM
sorry, no ive thrown up more like 10-15:( There is no answer one my moms phoen, I guess i will try back later. I dont want to leave a message, that will just worry her when she gets it.

Katiesmom
09-01-2004, 10:26 PM
Glad to hear you decided to call your mom......I really hope you start feeling better:( :)

dogs_4_me
09-01-2004, 10:29 PM
I have the flu right now. I've never really had food poisoning so i am not sure if a syptom is to get a fever. But maybe it is the flu. I had a huge fever last night. How long after lunch did u start feeling sick? I here that its about 3 hrs after that u feel sick when u have food poisoning.

jamie123
09-01-2004, 10:43 PM
It started about an hour after. I think it may just be a bad case of the flu, I have horrbile chills, im weaing a ski jacket right now :( I'm scared, I'm all alone and this hasnt happened since i was like 3.

MariaM
09-01-2004, 10:46 PM
Sorry you've been feeling bad...it seems a lot of people aren't feeling great these days..

Katiesmom
09-01-2004, 10:47 PM
I take it you haven't gotten in touch with your mom yet? Did they leave a number where you can reach them at besides the cell phones?

jamie123
09-01-2004, 10:50 PM
Nope not yet. I tried there hotel but they hadnt checked in yet (it was a pretty long drive so they will prob be arriving any time) I wish they were home!:(

Katiesmom
09-01-2004, 10:55 PM
Awwww I know you wish your parents were home but in the meantime drink lots and lots of fluids...I know it might be hard to keep it down but just keep trying you don't want to get dehydrated(sp?)!

jamie123
09-01-2004, 11:01 PM
I just talked to mom, she asked if i wanted them to come back, I send no because i didnt want to ruin there trips:( I really want them home though. SHould i ask them to come home?? I have yet to keep some water down, so i dont even want to think about how dehydrated i must be!

Katiesmom
09-01-2004, 11:03 PM
I hate to say it but I think you better unless you have a relative near you that could take you to the doctors.....I know you don't want to ruin there trip but your health is more important....

jamie123
09-01-2004, 11:07 PM
I dont have any relatives, near however my friends mom has called 3 times already making sure i was ok and asking if she could take me to the doctor.

I would never go though, unless i **REALLY NEEDED TO **..the smell in there makes me want to throw up, neverming when ur sick:p

Katiesmom
09-01-2004, 11:13 PM
LOL ok well if you keep throwing up and can't keep water down then you need to go to the doctor or else you will get dehydrated bad and then you will be put in the hospital till your hydrated again:D ;)

dogs_4_me
09-01-2004, 11:32 PM
try eating some **PLAIN** soda crackers. They always help me when im sick.(just eat a few at first)

jamie123
09-01-2004, 11:39 PM
Thanks for the idea dogs_4_me. I will try some tommorow. lol. Do you think some warm water will help?

lol I am NOT going to the doctor or hospital so i am tryig to keep some water down right now lol.

My mom has called about 10 times since she heard..lol:rolleyes:

I hope this is just an 24 hr flu!

Katiesmom
09-01-2004, 11:43 PM
Has it been awhile since you last threw up? If it has I would try some dry bread or crackers might help settle your stomach although none of that helps me but it might you:p

Aww your mom is just worried about you;)

dogs_4_me
09-02-2004, 01:13 AM
feeling any better Jamie?

jamie123
09-02-2004, 01:15 AM
Nope, not at all... lol. Soda crackers and dry bread didnt work out to well lol. Neither did the water. I have a feeling I will be up all night, since my stomach is killing me!!!

dogs_4_me
09-02-2004, 01:18 AM
Oh no! I thought you might be feeling better. That really sucks. I know how you felt though, i am finally getting over the flu, i had it for 5 days. I hope you begin to feel better soon. Have you ate or drank anything since?

jamie123
09-02-2004, 01:24 AM
No, if anything its gotten worse. I am really tired but can't fall asleep. My stomach really hurts, and I must have a fairly high fever. I havent been able to keep anything in me at all, after like 20 tries i gave up haha. My friend did come over to stay the night...mainly to let the dogs out ect. For a while there, i was getting so sick i didnt leave the bathroom for 30 mins:( I'm hungry but i am scared to eat because i feel so cruddy! I am defintly going to need to go to a doctor tommorow. I think i have way to high of a fever, and i cant keep *ANYTHING* in me. I am dehydrated as hell, and really freaked out!!!

jamie123
09-02-2004, 01:25 AM
Sounds weird, but right now i just need my mom:(

caseysmom
09-02-2004, 02:07 AM
My daughter had something like that a few years ago, it went on for 4 days and it was pretty scary. You can get dehydrated pretty quick, can your friends mom take you to the doctor in the morning? I would if it was my daughters friend. They may need to put you on an IV for a while, really be careful.

Sounds wierd but the only thing she could keep down was dr. pepper.

dogs_4_me
09-02-2004, 01:28 PM
R u feeling better today?

jamie123
09-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Nope. I just got back from the doctor though. I got a prescription i am supposed to take 2 times a day:(

Katiesmom
09-02-2004, 03:15 PM
I hope the medicine kicks in fast:D Hate to hear that your not feeling better but atleast you have medicine now that will help:)

dogs_4_me
09-02-2004, 06:54 PM
Thats good you went to the doctor:D Hope you feel better reallly soon!!!

jamie123
09-02-2004, 06:56 PM
If i could keep the medicine down it would be reallllly helpful:( :p lol I hope it kicks in fast to:D Poor kitties dont know why the arent getting much attention:p

Harmanie
09-02-2004, 06:58 PM
well good luck. I hope that you feel better soon!

Play with your kits! lol- good medicine! lol

jamie123
09-02-2004, 07:15 PM
lol yep, playing with kittens is always the best medicine!

Harmanie
09-02-2004, 07:32 PM
I like to sing to Harmanies babes. It sooths them and I can hear there little purrs. I think its so cute. I sing them Nora Jones's music a lot. Harmanie loves Nora Jones. So She especially loves it! lol! I stroke their cute little heads and they purr even louder. They love the song I don't know Why I didn't come and Sunrise. That and Little girl. SO CUTE:)

dogs_4_me
09-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Awwww thats so sweet Kate.

Jamie, have you been able to keep down **ANY** water yet!!!!!!!!???? When r ur parents comin home?

Harmanie
09-02-2004, 07:37 PM
Why thank you

smileyiloveyou
09-02-2004, 08:28 PM
I know exactly how you feel... if u still cant drink water after 3 days u need to go to the hospital!

jamie123
09-02-2004, 08:33 PM
Tommorow will be my third day with out eating or drinking anything. I am not going to the hospital. I'm so scared of it any ways. All they will do it make me lay down and monitor me. I can do that at home. I will drink water when my body lets me. Been at the hospital wont speed that up. I am so scared, I wont go to the hospital though...there is no way:p

dogs_4_me
09-02-2004, 10:00 PM
aww hope u get better *realllllly* soon