PDA

View Full Version : Pitbull pics :)

aly
09-01-2004, 05:51 PM
We have 3 wonderful Pits at the shelter right now. Homestar is a big guy who we rescued from the kill shelter. He had been dumped there because he wouldn't fight :( Some idiot cropped his ears to where they are almost nothing. He's deaf so its a bit of a challenge to work with him training-wise, but he is a big sweetie. Deville and Captain Cuddles are also big guys with sweet personalities. All 3 of the boys are truly wonderful specimens of the breed. They are absolutely precious. We also have a new female Pit and several pit mix puppies that I don't have pictures of.

Here's Homestar:

http://rescuedpaws.com/homestar.jpg

http://rescuedpaws.com/homestar2.jpg

http://rescuedpaws.com/homestar6.jpg

http://rescuedpaws.com/homestar7.jpg

Deville:

http://rescuedpaws.com/deville.jpg

http://rescuedpaws.com/deville5.jpg

http://rescuedpaws.com/deville6.jpg

And I'll attach a pic of Captain Cuddles!

aly
09-01-2004, 05:53 PM
Here's Captain Cuddles in case you couldn't view the one I attached:

http://www.rescuedpaws.com/cc.jpg

shais_mom
09-01-2004, 05:54 PM
Awwww Aly they are beautiful!!

micki76
09-01-2004, 05:54 PM
Aw, I can't open the attchment of Captain Cuddles (it's a bitmap), but Homestar & Deville are stunning! Look at all those speckles! :D

Edit, now I can see him! Look at those white tootsies! :D :D :D

wolflady
09-01-2004, 05:59 PM
What precious poochies! :D It's so sad to see animals like this. When I was volunteering at my local shelter, we had so many pits come in that were very much like Homestar. I can't imagine the sickos that cut their ears off and make them fight or use them as bait dogs :mad:
These poor things are so misunderstood because of horrible people like that. So glad that these 3 have a new chance at life! :D
Give them all a big hug for me (and perhaps some treats) next time you see them! :)

Cincy'sMom
09-01-2004, 06:00 PM
All three are gorgeous!! I hope they all find wonderful homes!

Toller 42
09-01-2004, 06:00 PM
I want Captain Cuddles! they are all beautiful.

DogLover9501
09-01-2004, 06:02 PM
They are all gorgeous!!!

Captian Cuddles is just stunning!!!!

aly
09-01-2004, 06:13 PM
I'll try to get some better pics of Captain Cuddles. His head is huuuuuuuge! He's a doll and really lives up to his name. Unfortunately he's having some hip problems that I'm worried about :( Can you believe that big boy made me pick him up today? He didn't want to jump out of his kennel and I thought maybe his hips were bugging him, so there I go picking up that huge guy!

captain
09-01-2004, 06:44 PM
Oh Aly, *tears* .............. you are such a magnificent person caring for all breeds, but Pitties are one of my favourites, and I thank you ..... :)

ComedyDevil
09-01-2004, 07:00 PM
Bless them. Homestar is a gorgeous dog even without ears - but how could anyone do that to him? :( Deville is a cutie and Captain Cuddles is adorable. They look like wonderful dogs and I'd take any of them in a heartbeat if I could. I hope they all get the good homes they deserve :)

*LabLoverKEB*
09-01-2004, 07:07 PM
Awwwww Aly! I just love them! They are sooo sweet! I love that name- Captian Cuddlesd, how cute!

Kay is just going to die when she sees these pics!

molucass
09-01-2004, 07:15 PM
Awwww!! I loveeee Deville!

His markings remind me of my little Jackson boys'.... Except the circle over his eye isn't as big as Jackson's was.

I would take Deville in a heartbeat if I could...

Thanks for sharing the pics, they all definitely made me smile.

I attached a not so good pic of Jackson.

anna_66
09-01-2004, 07:26 PM
Oh Aly, all three are just gorgeous! It's so terrible how they almost totally cut Homestar's ears off:rolleyes: Stupid people.

tatsxxx11
09-01-2004, 07:49 PM
Oh Aly...what gorogeous boys:) It breaks your heart to think of the tortoured lives they were living. I can't believe what they did to Homestar's ears:( But despite the cropping, he's still the most handsome boy!!! Prayers that Homestar, Captain Cuddles (:D) and Deville find caring, loving, responsible homes very soon! Bless your heart for caring for them so angel Aly:)

senorita02
09-01-2004, 09:15 PM
They are absolutely GORGEOUS!
I love Pitbulls, its so horrible how they are treated, i live in Detroit and i am always seeing strays, and i always see on animal precinct what goes on behind the scenes here in Detroit, it makes me so angry and sad! People can be so cruel! :mad:

bckrazy
09-01-2004, 09:50 PM
those boys are so handsome! I hope they find families that will love them as much as they deserve. ^_^ lmao, Captain Cuddles! I love the names, they sound like such sweeties.

RobiLee
09-01-2004, 10:24 PM
Great looking dogs! May they all find forever homes

Robin :)

Karen
09-01-2004, 10:38 PM
Poor Homestar - I hope whoever did that to him gets their own ears frostbit off. It makes me wanna make him earmuffs, poor guy! But he's handsome as can be anyway, and sure to win someone's heart!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-02-2004, 12:05 AM
Aw... Poor Homestar... great pics.

petslover
09-02-2004, 08:09 AM
very pretty dogs..... what a jerk to cut off the ears! that makes me so mad

pitc9
09-02-2004, 08:44 AM
Oh *blood boiling* I Hate people that do stuff like that to sweet pups! And to be deaf too... poor baby! Do you think him being deaf had something to do with the botched ear job??
(I don't know anything about cropping... but who ever did the ears didn't care about the dog's health or well being, just how the dog looked)

Captain Cuddles.... I just want to SMOOCH you right on the nose!
He looks so sweet hugging that little stuffy.

lute
09-02-2004, 10:58 AM
i love Homestar! he's really pretty and i guess the reason i like him most is cause i feel sorry for the big guy. having to go through all he's gone through.:( :mad:

LorraineO
09-02-2004, 11:52 AM
what a beautiful bunch of pooches,, I love them all to bits,, and Homestar,, gawd,,, I just wanna kiss that big ol nose,,,,,,,,,

Praying to the powers that be that they all find the loving homes they deserve!!!

cloverfdx
09-02-2004, 12:00 PM
All 3 dogs are stunning. Poor sweet Homestar,(Some of) the human race makes me sick at times :mad:.

I hope all 3 dogs find their wonderfull forever homes soon.

Bless you for taking care of them Aly. :)

Equus217
09-02-2004, 01:20 PM
I absolutely adore pitbulls! My college boyfriend and I got a pitbull pup together. He turned out to be an absolute joy! So sweet and gentle, fun and easy to train....sooo smart!! We named him Tazer, actually after we split he stayed with the ex-boyfriend....that was TOUGH!! I've seen him a few times since...but really this breed is an absolute delight!! It's such a shame that ignorant people are responsible for giving them such a bad name.

These three boys are beautiful!! Any luck so far finding them homes? Will they be able to be adopted out to a family with other animals, or will they have to be alone?

aly
09-03-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Equus217
These three boys are beautiful!! Any luck so far finding them homes? Will they be able to be adopted out to a family with other animals, or will they have to be alone?

Homestar is pretty good with other dogs (thank goodness, because that is why those idiots dumped him - he wouldn't fight) so he can go home with probably most any dog. Captain Cuddles gets along with dogs, but he doesn't have the best manners so it'd take a certain dog to put up with him. I'm not too sure how Deville would do since he's newer and I don't think we've had him in play groups. He is the most laid back of the threesome though so I imagine he'll be okay. As far as cats, I don't think Homestar likes them and I'm not sure about the others. I am recharging the batteries for my camera and will have more pictures of Captain Cuddles, Kasi (the female pit mix), and some of the pit pups on Saturday!

manda_moo87
09-03-2004, 01:44 AM
What beautiful boys... I hope that each one of them soon find a forever home!

manda99
09-05-2004, 03:41 AM
Captain Cuddles. HA! What a fantastic name!!!

And it looks like Homestar could be Smokey's long lost brother! Well, if I didn't know he was the only white one in the litter...

I hope they all find great homes. Thanks for posting the pics! :)