PDA

View Full Version : No! :(

CamCamPup33
09-01-2004, 05:07 PM
Hurricane Frances is *MOST LIKELY* coming here. :( :(

The eye of the storm is going to be hitting West palm Beach, if their predictions are correct. Which is about an hour away from me. It said it will be traveling up through tampa, after it hit's here.

It's to be even worse than Hurricane andrew, for those of you who witnessed/saw it. (Which happened in 1992).

Anyways, please please pray for us floridian's. It's not looking good, seeings that it's already at a catagory 4.

:( :( :(

In case you are wondering, me and my family will most likely be headed for tennesee by tommorow. They have already cancelled schools for us, (Tommorrow and Friday.) But ill update you more on that later.

Amber

GoldenRetrLuver
09-01-2004, 05:11 PM
:(:(:(

Like I told you, be sure to call me if you end up leaving, okay? I hope you guys stay safe.. I'll be thinking about you. I hate all these hurricanes that are happening lately. :(

Keep us updated as long as you can!

popcornbird
09-01-2004, 05:11 PM
:(:(

Oh Amber. Please be safe. This is so scary...so very scary. I'm glad you'll be able to go to Tennessee and get away from the strom. Please update us when you can.

{{{hugs}}}

Harmanie
09-01-2004, 05:13 PM
Yes, please do keep us posted. {{hugs}}

I heard that the storm will move up to my area as well so I know what your going through!

I'm praying, good luck!

Kfamr
09-01-2004, 05:15 PM
The news here said it's not even coming close to Tampa.

CamCamPup33
09-01-2004, 05:18 PM
Kay.. Really? I have been watching it for awhile, and it says most of florida will be effected. I don't know.

Where im at is defintley being hit, either way. Thank's alot guys. I'll be updating for as long as i can.

Harmanie
09-01-2004, 06:00 PM
cam cam, well I just checked the weather channel and you are right, it will hit florida but it really depends on wich part. It also depends on the angle that the hurricane hits florida. So, there just might be an awsomely good chance that you can be sure that you won't get hit. I'm praying that your safe along with all the other people in the hurricanes wrath.

{{{more hugs}}}

Kate

KYS
09-01-2004, 06:22 PM
Praying ALL will be safe.

Chica
09-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Hi,

Me and Chica hope nothing happens to you and all Floridians. We will pray for you.Today is Wednesday, and I hope your weather predictions will change for the better! :confused: Stay Well....... :)

lizzielou742
09-01-2004, 07:17 PM
http://www.weather.com/newscenter/tropical/

Frances continues to churn toward the U.S.

5:45 P.M. ET Wed., Sep.1, 2004

James Wilson, Sr. Meteorologist, The Weather Channel

Dangerous Hurricane Frances is swirling just north of the Turks and Caicos islands on a relentless course toward the southeast U. S. Frances, a category 4 monster on the Saffir-Simpson Scale, is expected to smash through the southern and central Bahamas tomorrow and into the northern Bahamas tomorrow night. After that, the southeast coast of the U. S. will bob to the top of the target list, but as yet there is no consensus among guidance tools as to where (or when) Frances will thunder ashore. Thus, prudence would dictate residents all along the coast (and even some distance inland) from the Keys to Cape Hatteras make at least preliminary preparations for a strike from a major hurricane. And, unless Frances throws out a sea anchor soon and begins to slow in its forward speed (as most models suggest it will) landfall could come sooner rather than later. Hurricane watches may need to be posted for a portion of the Florida east coast later tonight. Best advice: get ready; pay attention. This storm is larger and will effect more land than Charley did once it makes landfall. Also, if you are in a weak structure like a Mobile Home you'll want to make plans to evacuate should the storm forecast path go near your home. This kind of hurricane can blow a Mobile Home away. And keep in mind that tropical storm force winds and building surf (especially along the Carolina coast) will precede the approach of the hurricane by quite some time.

lizzielou742
09-01-2004, 07:26 PM
http://image.weather.com/images/maps/tropical/spec_trop2_720x486.jpg

CamCamPup33
09-01-2004, 08:06 PM
UGH.

Im not leaving afterall. My dad doesn't want to leave because of looter's. I would rather have all of my stuff stolen than die from flying lawn chairs, and thing's..

:( :(

*LabLoverKEB*
09-01-2004, 09:29 PM
I will keep alll of you in my thoughts, and pray that you will be safe.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-01-2004, 10:22 PM
Be safe Amber... :( We'll be praying for you... :( Update as much as possible, okay?

CamCamPup33
09-02-2004, 12:37 PM
Thanks guys. :(

aly
09-02-2004, 12:58 PM
Amber,

I will keep you in my prayers. I know how worried you are and it must be awful. My boyfriend's parents are in West Palm Beach and are boarding up their house as we speak. My great aunt and her family got hit HARD by Charley, but they are all okay. I hope the hurricane ends up missing your area.

dappledoxie
09-02-2004, 01:02 PM
Oh no! I really hope you guys are ok, stay safe!

CamCamPup33
09-02-2004, 04:44 PM
Thanks..

We really don't know what we are doing.. ALL of the gas everywhere is either sold out, or the owner's want to go home to be prepared themselves.

ALL of the plywood, (Everywhere we looked) Is sold out. We aren't boarding up the windows. :( :(

We don't even know where we are going, but going out of state is out of question, because of the gas issues..

Will update later..

popcornbird
09-02-2004, 04:45 PM
:(:(:(

Stay safe Amber. I wish you could leave the area. :(

anna_66
09-02-2004, 05:11 PM
Stay safe Amber. I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers.