PDA

View Full Version : vaccinations

kittyKATZchick
05-03-2001, 06:25 PM
okay, what r the vaccinations a cat should get and about how much do they cost? ive been searching to find this for days and i havent had any luck. thanks!!!!

------------------
*kittyKATZchick*

4 feline house
05-03-2001, 09:28 PM
The best thing to do is call local vets, because prices, and even vaccination and preventative needs, might vary. They will be happy to provide you with their fees and what's recommended. Be sure and ask how much the office visit/exam is, too, because they will charge for this, too.

Some locations require rabies every year while others require it every three years. This may altar the price. In some areas heartworms are affecting cats more and more, and some vets are recommending preventative medications.

So, again, the best answer will come from the vets in your area.

kittyKATZchick
05-04-2001, 04:07 PM
i know this might sound funny but how much did u pay for your shots? i have a blue point himalayan and i need 2 know quick! thanks

kittyKATZchick
05-04-2001, 07:10 PM
spencer the lion: i needed 2 know the cost 4 a project i am doing 4 school work. by the way, thank u so much 4 the great info!

------------------
*kittyKATZchick*

kittyKATZchick
05-06-2001, 11:56 AM
the cat that i am getting is a 6 year old male and i am adopting it from a shelter. it is already spayed. so how much about would that cost

------------------
*kittyKATZchick*

4 feline house
05-06-2001, 12:35 PM
Kkc:

Once again, your best source is right there. The shelter would be able to help you better than any of us. In fact, some shelters will do the vaccinations and include the cost in the adoption fee. Some will include the cost in the adoption fee and then provide you will a voucher to take to a participating vet to have the shots done at no additonal charge. Even if the shelter has none of these programs in place, they would best be able to tell you what the cat needs and about how much those services run in your area.

You don't mention if the adoption is final yet. Alot of shelters these days won't adopt to people who don't already have an established relationship with a veterinarian. So this might be another reason to pick up the phone and start calling those vets. You are going to have to do it anyway! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif Good luck with your new kitty.

kittyKATZchick
05-06-2001, 12:39 PM
thank u SO much!! u guyz r bomb!

------------------
*kittyKATZchick*