PDA

View Full Version : pets and the Hurricane coming!

LorraineO
09-01-2004, 01:43 PM
I am sending good thoughts to those of you who might live in hurricane Frances path and please,,, take your fur babies with you when you evacuate!!!!

Prayers go to the furless babies who are homeless with that monster coming too!!!!

Linda York
09-01-2004, 04:53 PM
orginally posted by LorraineO

"I am sending good thoughts to those of you who might live in hurricane Frances path and please,,, take your fur babies with you when you evacuate!!!!

Prayers go to the furless babies who are homeless with that monster coming too"!!!!

Ditto.... our thoughts for you too! Batton down the hatches and hang in there. Good luck.

petslover
09-01-2004, 05:09 PM
Good luck to everyone and God Bless

mruffruff
09-02-2004, 09:51 AM
Frances is shaping up to be one of the worst storms in recent history. Please don't try to ride it out if the authorities recommend evacuation. Grab your kids, furred and not, and get the heck out of the way!

We'll all be praying for your safety.

Mary

Smilla
09-02-2004, 10:19 AM
Thinking about our Florida PetTalk friends. Good luck to you all!

Corinna
09-02-2004, 10:21 AM
Adding our prayers to this thread.

bsherman
09-02-2004, 10:32 AM
I have to say we are so fortunate up here in Canada,not too many effects from hurricanes. I sure hope everyone south will be fine. We are following Frances' progress, keep save to everyone and their furbabies as well as all pets even if they don't have fur.

dukedogsmom
09-02-2004, 10:39 AM
I have got to get a different job! I can't go anywhere. And, I may even get stuck down here without my family or Duke. Getting very depressed.

lbaker
09-02-2004, 10:51 AM
Hang in there Valarie, we'll be thinking of you. Poor KayAnn must be a total basket case after having such a close call with the last one. Oh dear... paws and fingers crossed for everyone :(

dukedogsmom
09-02-2004, 10:54 AM
Here's the latest map. It's going to come right through us. I think we need to leave but I guess they'd be leaving without me. Is a job really worth this?
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT06/refresh/AL0604W5+GIF/021453W5.gif

LorraineO
09-02-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by bsherman
I have to say we are so fortunate up here in Canada,not too many effects from hurricanes. I sure hope everyone south will be fine. We are following Frances' progress, keep save to everyone and their furbabies as well as all pets even if they don't have fur.

Welll,, not that fortunate,, I am in Halifax and we got slammed by Hurricane Juan,, it was a cat 2,,, almost 3 when she hit,, and it wasnt nice!! I cant imagine the force of a cat 4 or 5,,, EEEEEK!

LorraineO
09-02-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by dukedogsmom
Here's the latest map. It's going to come right through us. I think we need to leave but I guess they'd be leaving without me. Is a job really worth this?
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT06/refresh/AL0604W5+GIF/021453W5.gif

Well.. let me see,,, your very life,,, or the job,,, your life,,,, the job,,, Gee,, let me think on this,,,,, DUH!!!!
GET OUT OF THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bsherman
09-02-2004, 11:17 AM
I was asked where my piorities were once and it took me two seconds to answer that one. My home or my job, guess what I picked and it wasn't the job. My husband , dog and home come first, the person who asked me that was separated from her husband two months later, so. If your employer can't see the forest for the trees they have some serious problems. Health and safety of you and the ones you love should always come first. I am really worried about the situation down there. We had that ice storm up here and it was just awful, no power or heat for 13 for me and I know how hard on the emotions that was. I still fear this sort of thing and am getting tears just thinking of it. Please please be safe.

dukedogsmom
09-02-2004, 11:30 AM
The problem is, I'm classified as emergency personnel. I'm a dispatcher for law enforcement. I really don't even want to show up tomorrow but if I want to keep my job, I have to. I'm getting stressed. It looks so bad. I don't even want to stay home. I want to get out of Florida.

lbaker
09-02-2004, 11:31 AM
If I remember correctly DukeDogsMom is part of an Emergency Response Team, or something like that. It's not like she works at K-Mart and they can just close the store. I'm part of an ERT unit at work in Washington DC and it's times like this that you are trained for. I may be mistaken though.
edit * just saw that she responded just as I was typing. I guess I was right ;)

LorraineO
09-02-2004, 11:35 AM
dukesdogmom

unless youre in the business of Kites,, I dont think anyone is gonna be requiring your services during the storm!!!!
Please get out while you can!!!! this a deadly storm thats heading for you!!!!

come back afterwards,, but please dont stay!!! not unless youre in one heck of a super safe and strong building!!! what about your doggie??? I see youre part of an ERT group,,,,,, but still,,,,,, please be safe!!

bsherman
09-02-2004, 11:39 AM
Yep, that makes quite a difference, I hope your mom and dad go with Duke. If you are part of the response team you are really needed. Our response teams have help for employees who are having a stressful time and I sure there someone there who is going through the same stress, have you talked with someone there. You need a buddie system if your going to be alone, what if you can't get to work?

bsherman
09-07-2004, 06:52 AM
I have been away all weekend, is Dukes Mom OK, has anyone heard, I have been worried and thinking of everyone down there. I know it may not be safe there yet, and no power. Please someone let me know.

LorraineO
09-07-2004, 07:00 AM
Well,, I am sure she is ok,,, but with so many ppl without power,, I suspect until it gets hooked back up,, we wont hear from her.... I am thinking good thoughts esp with it downgraded to a cat 1,,, its the rain thats freaky!!!!

Heres to praying no pets died due to thier owners stupidity!!!

dukedogsmom
09-07-2004, 07:34 AM
Here I am. Back at work now. I hope Ivan leaves us alone! My nerves can't take any more storm stress. Thank goodness we didn't even lose power. It was very scary and I'm so glad it's over. I'm also very thankful that I was scheduled off when it came through. Thanks for thinking of me.

Corinna
09-07-2004, 07:41 AM
Glad to hear your alright. Wish the others would check in. Can someone call Fox-gal ? she said goodbye and I'm still worried about her.

dukedogsmom
09-07-2004, 07:46 AM
She told me before the storm hit that the power is turned off. I don't know how it is where she is but I'll try and call her later today on my break. I tried to call Sunday but couldn't get through.

bsherman
09-07-2004, 07:59 AM
I am so glad to hear from you and thankful you are ok where was Duke when this was going on, does he get stressed or is he a tropper like his picture. Stay safe and think happy thoughts and maybe Ivan will stay away.

LorraineO
09-07-2004, 10:24 AM
THRILLED tp hear from you!!! Take good care now!!!!!! Man,, lets hope Ivan stays away!!!

dukedogsmom
09-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Duke was pretty much the same except he followed me around a lot more than usual. He sure slept a lot more than me. I didn't even start to doze off until 4:45 am on Sunday morning. Then I got up at 7. I just couldn't sleep with all that going on. I'm so glad it's gone now. I tried to call Fox-Gal but got no answer at her home phone and her cell went straight to voice mail.