PDA

View Full Version : Please send us good thoughts!

zippy-kat
09-01-2004, 01:32 PM
I'm really worried about our aged lady, Clarice. :(

She's 14. We had recent bloodwork done on her as we can't seem to control her weight through diet. Nothing was out of the ordinary. Then a few days ago, she just started acting... well, strange (more lethargic, etc.) so we made her an appointment (which is/was tomorrow).

I just came home for lunch to find her gagging/gasping for breath. I'm to drop her off as soon as the vet reopens from lunch (about 20 minutes). The "breathing fit" has passed and Clarice is resting but still coughing/gagging every once in awhile. It seems to bother her most when she's sitting up. (My thought's are racing... heart murmurs, pneumonia, ?????)

Please send us positive thoughts! :(

(I won't be able to update until I get home from work but thank you so much in advance!) :(

moosmom
09-01-2004, 01:35 PM
Zippycat,

Thoughts and prayers on the way from Michigan!! My Mollie Rose had difficulty breathing. She was diagnosed with kitty asthma. Hang in there girl! We're here for ya.

((((hugs))))

Grace
09-01-2004, 01:54 PM
Another one from Michigan sending prayers and good thoughts for as long as you need them. Hopefully it will be something simple.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-01-2004, 02:01 PM
Prayers flying from me too!
(((HUGS))):(

Freckles
09-01-2004, 02:06 PM
Prayers from here, too.

Barbara
09-01-2004, 02:25 PM
Healing thoughts on their way for Clarice:)

Edwina's Secretary
09-01-2004, 02:43 PM
Oh Clarice...be a good girl and BREATHE!

Cinder & Smoke
09-01-2004, 03:07 PM
Hellow, GOD!??

Hi God ~

Need sum Fast HELP down here ~
Kan You <rush> ober to Zippy's White Coat - in New Missico -
and Help em check out Miz Clarice - Paleeze!?

She havin trubble catchin her breath -
Paleeze Help her to Feel Better reel soon!

Send a God's {{{HUG}}} down fur Zipp, too -
she an Mom are awful wurried!

An OMG - Kloze Your eyes - but Ride Along wiff em inna kar ~
Zipper will prolly be drivin like Krazy-Lady...
TRY to get em to da Hoppsbittle in wun piece!

We'll all be sending PURRayerz, an krossin Klawz & Pawz.

Pleeze get better quick, Clarice!
We're all pullin fur ya!

THANKS, God!

/s/ the Prayer Pups

slick
09-01-2004, 04:27 PM
Oh Phred, I cry everytime I read one of your prayers to God! :(

Tonya, I know how worried you must be but please don't panic sweetie. I see that you posted about 3 hours ago. I pray that by now Clarice is back home and feeling better.

{{{HUGS}}} and watching for a positive uppydate.

Killearn Kitties
09-01-2004, 05:20 PM
Positive thoughts coming for Clarice! How frighteneing for you. :(

zippy-kat
09-01-2004, 05:35 PM
They've found a mass on the left side of Clarice's throat; it runs deep into the windpipe and is blocking it by about 50%. It's almost assuredly cancer. Chances of a successful removal/recovery are slim; the vet said if it were her cat, she would not put her thru the surgery. She also said that it's growing quickly and that, she expected to find something, but NOTHING as large/massive as what she did.

My mom has just left to go pick Clarice up from the vets; they've given us some steriods. I disagree with this decision -I think the kinder thing would be to end her pain- but Mom, Sis, and Dad want the night/tomorrow to say good bye. (Secretely me too, but I don't want to see her suffer.)

I can't type anymore :(

Thank you for all the prayers

shais_mom
09-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Omgosh!
I am so sorry Tonya, I can't imagine.
I will keep you in my heart of course, prayers and thoughts.

Jods
09-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Prayers on the way good luck

Laura's Babies
09-01-2004, 05:56 PM
It is so hard to type with tears in my eyes....I am SO sorry to hear this dreadful news. But, I agree, you need time to say Good Bye. We do not know how much they suffer because they are unable to communicate that to us but it is about time to let her go so that she won't have anymore pain or fear. May God help all of you through this horriable time and give you strength.
((((((((HUGS))))))))) to you and your family.

Grace
09-01-2004, 06:02 PM
I'm so sorry Tonya. ((((( hugs ))))) for all of you.

QueenScoopalot
09-01-2004, 06:04 PM
I'm so sorry about Clarice. :( Both of you have been blessed having each other, but it's never ever easy losing our precious pets. ((((HUGS))):( :( Jan

RedHedd
09-01-2004, 06:07 PM
OMG. I'm crying as I'm typing. Prayers going out to you and yours that the going is easy on everyone involved. Go in peace sweet Clarice. :(

wolflady
09-01-2004, 06:10 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about this Tonya! This has got to be the hardest thing to do for any family, so please know that we are all here for you. Prayers are on the way for you and your family during this difficult time. I'm glad that you all will have some time with her to say your Good Byes. I know it's hard. The tears are welling up in my eyes just thinking about it.

{{{{{{many hugs}}}}}}

Karen

RICHARD
09-01-2004, 06:10 PM
Prayers sent....

Zip,

Hugs to your household!

gini
09-01-2004, 06:13 PM
Dear Tonya, I just logged on for a brief moment and here is your post!

I am just so very sorry that the prognosis is not good for Clarice.

Oh my, I have been where you are and it is so very difficult.

Why we cannot have our babies as long as we like and why they have to have such disastrous illnesses will always be a mystery to me.

You know that you have my prayers which include Clarice and your entire family.

Cinder & Smoke
09-01-2004, 06:19 PM
:(

Hi God ~

Thanks fur ridin along an bein wiff Clarice today.

Kan You spend da nite at Zipp's howze?
Help da Fambly remember all the Wunnerful Tymes they shared
wiff Clarice - 14 years is a Lotta Memories ta share an remember.

Please Wrap Your God'sPaws round the Fambly -
Mom, Dad, Alyssa, and of course our Tonya...
an Help em say G-Bye to Dear Clarice.

When That Time comes ~
Please be there God - to carry Clarice up to the Rainbow Bridge
in Your Arms.

Thanks, God.

/s/ the :( Prayer Pups

------------------------------------------------

~ Clarice ~

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p7a1620b157214da0ff469a2e54658fe1/fc27060e.jpg

~ Safe Trip to the Rainbow Bridge ~
~ Rest In Eternal Peace, Dear Clarice ~

You will Always be Loved and Remembered.

wolflady
09-01-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke

Hi God ~

Thanks fur ridin along an bein wiff Clarice today.

Kan You spend da nite at Zipp's howze?
Help da Fambly remember all the Wunnerful Tymes they shared
wiff Clarice - 14 years is a Lotta Memories ta share an remember.

Please Wrap Your God'sPaws round the Fambly -
Mom, Dad, Alyssa, and of course our Tonya...
an Help em say G-Bye to Dear Clarice.

When That Time comes ~
Please be there God - to carry Clarice up to the Rainbow Bridge
in Your Arms.

Thanks, God.

~ Clarice ~

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid61/p7a1620b157214da0ff469a2e54658fe1/fc27060e.jpg

~ Safe Trip to the Rainbow Bridge ~
~ Rest In Eternal Peace, Dear Clarice ~

You will Always be Loved and Remembered.

goodness, the tears are sure flowing after reading this! :(

Clarice is an absolutely stunning lady, she'll make a beautiful angel...**hugs**

catcrazylady
09-01-2004, 06:27 PM
Oh this is so heartbreaking. The tears in my eyes are so minimal compared to the pain you and your family must be experiencing. There are no words that can express how sorry I am. I'm praying for things to be easy tonight and that you have nothing but the greatest memories forever.
God Bless you and your family.:( :( :(

Go peacefully to the Bridge beautiful Clarice. You are very much loved precious one.

captain
09-01-2004, 06:38 PM
Oh Zippy ........... HUGS to you during this difficult time. :(

Uabassoon
09-01-2004, 07:20 PM
Tonya I'm so sorry to hear about Zippy :(. She had a wonderful 14 years with you and your family and now she'll have one more wonderful evening to spend with those who she loved.

rg_girlca
09-01-2004, 07:21 PM
Oh gosh, I really feel for you and your family.

I am so sorry to hear about beautiful Clarice.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and in my prayers tonight.

Karen
09-01-2004, 07:37 PM
Dear sweet beautiful Clarice
Grand Dame of the household
Beloved by all, and ruler of hearts
Wing your way to peaceful sleep
And know your reign in our hearts will last forever
Sleep, dear one, and ease your troubled breath
We'd take the pain from you in a heartbeat if we could
It pains us so to see you struggle

Dear sweet beautiful Clarice
For 14 years you've woven yourself
Around our ankles and into our lives
Batted those blue eyes until we succumbed
And we loved you, we love you still
Your patience with us, human, canine, feline, lagamorph et al
Has been as much of a part of the house
As the floors you tread, the doorways you'd rub against

We'll always have you, dear sweet Clarice
It's okay now, wing your way to heaven
And rest. You'll still be here, just around the corner
A solid presence in your always favorite spots
And most of all forever in our hearts.

Pam
09-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Tonya I just saw this and the diagnosis shocked me so I know you and your family must certainly be numb. I wish there was something I could say to make it easier for all of you. :( ((((Hugs))))

slick
09-01-2004, 07:45 PM
Tonya, I wish I had the words to comfort you and your family now. All I can do is offer up my support, prayers and lots of {{{HUGS}}}}. Please feel free to PM or email me anytime.

Clarice, you are one lucky kitty because you had a good life with people who loved you here on earth and you will be going to a better place where there is no more pain. You will be restored to kittenhood and have lots of toys and friends to play with forever. Smooches to you Clarice and have a safe journey. I know that you will be watching over Zippy and her family for all eternity.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-01-2004, 08:14 PM
Oh Tonya, I'm so very sorry to hear about Clarice. :( 14 is too young for her to be taken from you, but she still lead a good long life and I'm sure you have many many happy memories. I can only imagine that she is being showered in attention right now....if that could only ease the pain for you and your family. :(

{{{hugs}}} to you and please give Clarice an extra snuggle and smooch from me. :(

lovemyshiba
09-01-2004, 09:20 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Tonya:(
I'll be thinking of your family during this difficult time.

May Clarice go peacefully.

Miss Meow
09-01-2004, 10:40 PM
I'm so sorry, Tonya.

Hugs to you and your family during this sad time. :(

Safe trip, Clarice :(

wolf_Q
09-01-2004, 10:57 PM
Oh no Tonya. :( My heart is breaking for you, I can't even believe this news. Clarice has lived a long and wonderful life with you and your family. Whatever decision your family makes for her will be the best. {{{hugs}}}}

NoahsMommy
09-02-2004, 12:22 AM
Oh honey... :( :( :(

I'm so sorry about your family's sweet girl. I hope that while tomorrow will be sad, sweet Clarice will be out of pain forever and ever.

Please give her lots of kisses from her PT aunties and uncles.

We're here if you need to talk.

Love,
Kelly and the furkids

smokey the elder
09-02-2004, 08:26 AM
I'm so sorry about Clarice. Hugs to you and your family.

Edwina's Secretary
09-02-2004, 09:54 AM
Tonya....my heart aches so for you and your family.

Godspeed Claire, Godspeed!

I can think of no words but..."tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"

Warmly,

Sara

Barbara
09-02-2004, 10:20 AM
Tonya I am so sorry:(

A safe trip to the Rainbow Bridge for Clarice!

Logan
09-02-2004, 10:24 AM
I am so sorry to hear this news, Tonya, but so glad that you were able be there for Clarice when she needed you and get her to the vet so quickly. I know you appreciated the honesty of your vet, hard as it was to hear.

You and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers today.

Logan

momoffuzzyfaces
09-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Aw, Tonya! I am so sorry!
I wish I could take the pain away for you and your family. It was almost 2 years ago I had to make that decision for Leroy. It's never easy to say good bye.

I'm here if you need to talk or someone to cry with.

Clarice, sweet one, you are taking so much love with you. I know you know how much you are loved. Leroy will be glad to show you around the Rainbow Bridge. Be at peace, sweetie.

moosmom
09-02-2004, 01:25 PM
Tonya,

I'm so sorry to hear about Clarice. She was a beautiful girl. We will miss her as much as you do!

Godpeed sweet Clarice!

Equus217
09-02-2004, 02:13 PM
Oh how sad!

You and your family have given Clarice a wonderful life here, and you have shown her how much you love and care by getting her to the vet so quickly.

You and your family will make the right decision, and Clarice will have many friends waiting for her at the bridge, where she will wait for you...happy and healthy!

Cinder & Smoke
09-02-2004, 04:42 PM

We're ALL sending Prayers and PT {{{HUGS}}}

to You and your Family, Zippy!

** {{{HUGS}}} **

Godspeed, Clarice :(

gini
09-02-2004, 04:47 PM
Oh, yes, Tonya, I have had you on my mind all day!

Big hugs to you and your family!

davidpizzica
09-02-2004, 05:27 PM
Tonya, I'm crying as I type this. Whatever decision you make, I' sure Clairisse will understand. Just a year ago I had to nmake the same decision for my precious Thai. Whatever the decision, Thai will be waiting at the bridge in welcome. Prayers to you and your family.

zippy-kat
09-02-2004, 10:18 PM
My heart is breaking...
I just want to thank you all for the beautiful posts and update a bit. As of right now, Clarice ("Reecie") is still with us.

I thought the steriods were just a type of pain killer. Apparently, I thought wrong and/or only knew half the facts. They (temporarily) shrink the mass, allowing her to breathe easier; but really all this does is, at best, buy us a couple of weeks. The vet said she wasn't sure it'd work but we'd know today whether or not they'd "kick in." They have. Reecie no longer sounds like a pig/"perculator" when she breathes; she does have a faint(!) wheeze though.

In a way, we're putting off the inevitable but... (here come the tears) she still plays, still eats, still drinks, still hisses at K'Cee, still uses the litterbox..... It's SO hard, she's "HERE" in every sense of the word. I think it'd be a little easier if she weren't thriving or playing or demanding attention but she is, and it is SO hard to let go when those signs are still present.

It hurts sooo bad. :(

captain
09-02-2004, 10:21 PM
On Tonya,

I am in tears with you .............. I could not make the decision either ............

Clarice will let you know when it is time ......

QueenScoopalot
09-02-2004, 10:54 PM
Clarice is the only one who can tell you when. :( Gorgeous girl...my heart breaks for you. :( :(

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-02-2004, 11:38 PM
Oh Tonya... prayers to you... :( Good luck with Clarice... :(

wolf_Q
09-02-2004, 11:42 PM
{{{{Tonya}}}} We're all here for you in this difficult time. I really don't know what to say, other than I know how hard this decision must be for you and your family. :(

jazzcat
09-03-2004, 12:23 AM
I'm so sorry!

I wanted to share with you that I went through something similar with my poodle, Pepper. We 'bought' a few extra weeks with him with medicine and then he did let me know when it was time to let him go. I cherish that time I had with him and I'm thankful to have been given such a wonderful gift. I pray this time with Clarice will be the same for you and your family.

aly
09-03-2004, 01:07 AM
Tonya,

I just found out the news and I am so heartsick for you. This is one of the hardest things that can happen. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you spend time with Reecie and decide what to do. I know she's very special to you and I can only imagine how much you are hurting. I still remember the first time you showed me pictures of your cats on AIM. They are so precious and so apparently loved.

My heart is with you Tonya :(

Killearn Kitties
09-03-2004, 02:52 AM
Sometimes a little extra time gives you a chance to come to terms with the situation. Although it is very hard on you, if Clarice is not in pain and enjoys her extra time, then that's great for her. A few weeks will seem longer to her than it does to you.

We'll be thinking of all of you over the next while. Good luck.

shais_mom
09-03-2004, 05:55 AM
My heart is breaking for you and your family Tonya.
Please know if you need anything just call my cell.

rg_girlca
09-03-2004, 10:03 PM
Prayers continuing for you and your family.

Just look into Calrice's eyes. It is she, who will let you know when it's time to say goodbye.

aly
09-04-2004, 02:15 PM
I'm still thinking of you Tonya. Sending lots of prayers, well wishes, and good vibes your way. Hang in there.

AmberLee
09-04-2004, 03:00 PM
{{{gentle hugs}}}

Thinking of you and praying for you.

lizbud
09-04-2004, 05:19 PM
Tonya,

I am so sorry I didn't see this post before now.:( Clarice
certainly has a wonderful family who loves her very much.
I am glad the Dr. could give Clarice something to make her
more comfortable. Bless her heart.

You & your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please
give Clarice a gentle hug from me. Liz.

krazyaboutkatz
09-05-2004, 02:09 AM
Tonya, I'm so sorry to hear about Clarice.:( I'm glad that she'll be able to be more comfortable in her last few weeks. I'm sure she'll let you know when it's time to say goodbye. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

Randi
09-05-2004, 09:46 AM
Oh Tonya, I'm so sorry to hear about Clarice. :( I hope it will comfort you to know that she has had a great life with you for so many years. :) It will be so very hard to say goodbye, but still, better than let her suffer. I'm sure she will let you know when it's time.

Hugs to you, and gentle kisses to Clarice.

tuxluvr
09-05-2004, 08:18 PM
Hugs and God's speed to all - this is just so sad, but sounds like there has been a little peace given from the pain...sweet little soul, this just makes tears come.

trayi52
09-05-2004, 09:14 PM
Prayer for you and your family are on the way.

Willie

zippy-kat
09-06-2004, 12:36 AM
The steroids have improved her breathing 10 fold but it's still hard knowing what's to come. :(

Right now we're just taking it one small blessing at a time. She's been spending her mornings/evenings on a down comforter in front of the fireplace (see below). Afternoons are spent basking in the backyard sunshine and batting at leaves, bugs, grass, anything that catches her attention.

Thank you all for your wonderful thoughts, prayers, and words.

http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/tofisher/Reecie_03.jpg
Miss (Crossed) Blue Eyes

http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/tofisher/Reecie_02.jpg
Sleepy Lady

http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/tofisher/Reecie_Tink_03.jpg
Mother & Daughter

Logan
09-06-2004, 06:38 AM
Every extra day is a blessing, Tonya. I know you are all grateful for them and that Clarice is too. She is simply beautiful. I'm so glad to hear that she is more comfortable now. Give her a little head bump or a pat for me, please.

Logan

gini
09-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Tonya, what a beauty she is............continued prayers for Clarice are coming from my home for her.

tuxluvr
09-07-2004, 10:36 PM
Awww, what a beautiful cuddly face! Good to see she is making the most of each day, as are you. She seems like a wonderful friend!

Hugs and snugglies and prayers

Kater
09-08-2004, 02:54 AM
Tonya, you and your family are in my prayers during this difficult time. I'm so sorry. :( Clarice is a beautiful kitty.
{{{BIG HUGS}}}

lizbud
09-08-2004, 10:49 AM
I just love this face.:) Wish I could plant a little kiss on her
little furry head. Bless you Clarice.:)

http://webpages.acs.ttu.edu/tofisher/Reecie_02.jpg

zippy-kat
01-10-2005, 07:40 PM
I fear the time is drawing near...

We've been blessed with a wonderful 4 months when our prognosis was weeks. The steroids seemed to work miracles and we've had our "old" Clarice back... the kitten-y (well, as much of a kitten as you can be at 14), blue-eyed snuggle bug. And for that, I'm INCREDIBLY thankful.

But I guess medical-miracles can only last so long; Clarice is starting to go down hill. Her meow is growing dim (this -as we now realize- was the first indicator of her previous "episode"), there's a faint wheeze in her breathing, a faint snore in her sleep. It's becoming a chore to get her to eat, an even bigger chore to keep what she eats down, and she's "forgotten" where the litterbox is.

More often than not, she has the "I don't feel so good" look in her eyes.

Please continue prayers for our wonderful aged lady. :(

lizbud
01-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Awww Clarice sweetie.:( I wish I could make you well. I will
pray that Clarice not suffer, and that if God calls her home, that
she has a peaceful passing.

I'll be praying that she can stay around and feel better than
she does now. It's so hard to see them slip away.:(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-10-2005, 08:00 PM
Oh no, Zippy, I'm so sorry to hear this. You, your family and especially beautiful Clarice will be in my thoughts and prayers. :(

LoudLou
01-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Sending you and your family good vibes, warm hugs, and lots of prayers tonight.

wolf_Q
01-10-2005, 08:32 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Tonya. It's great that you have been able to have her with you for even this long. Prayers on the way for Clarice.

Karen
01-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
I fear the time is drawing near...

Please continue prayers for our wonderful aged lady. :(

Absolutely - prayers of blessings for you and Clarice, pretty girl. Give her a snuggle for me, okay?

zippy-kat
01-10-2005, 09:30 PM
Thank you guys, so much for your thoughts and prayers. I'll be sure to pass out a snuggle and kiss on behalf of you!

I just wanted to clarify something. :o
In saying, "the time is near," I meant we're probably spending our last couple of weeks with her... I hope I didn't mislead anyone into thinking "tonight's the night." :o :(

slick
01-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Zippy......how many more tears can I cry today? There's just way too much sadness here these days.:( :( :( What a way to start off 2005.
Big {{{HUGS}}} to you Sis and please pass on smoochies to Clarice. You know where I am if you need to talk.

gini
01-10-2005, 10:05 PM
I have been trying to stay off of Pet Talk and work and deal with my water flooding problems.

However, when I had email notification about this thread I just had to jump in and read it.

Dear Clarice, grand feline lady of the house (sorry K'Cee).

I do hope that Tonya and Sis can enjoy you for a long time to come. But, I know that you will tell them, if this is too much for you.

You all have my prayers and I send a special kiss and snuggle for Clarice.

captain
01-10-2005, 10:34 PM
Hugs and kisses to you and Clarice .....{{{you & Clarice}}}

krazyaboutkatz
01-10-2005, 11:16 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that Clarice is no longer doing well.:( My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

shais_mom
01-10-2005, 11:25 PM
OH Tonya you know how I feel about you and of course you're furry ones. You and the furries and the skin family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
I am so glad you came to PT to ask for prayers for you and Reecie.

Cinder & Smoke
01-10-2005, 11:36 PM

Hi God ~

It's about Miz Clarice - Zippy's Kitty...

<sniff>
We'z not too sure jest what we otta be *Prayin For*...

Zippy, Lyssa, Mom and Dad are Very Grateful to You for lettin
Clarice stay Home fur Christmas;
an nunbuddie wants da Dear Kitty to be in pain or discomfort in
her "senior years"...

So I guess we're all askin YOU ta tell us when It's Tyme fur
Clarice to hop onna Silver Klowd an take her Ride up ta da Rainbow Bridge
to join da Angel Kitty Choir at Your Howze.

Please dont let her suffer jest ta hang around...

Maybe You kuld have her say G-Bye to da whole Fambily at Home sum nite;
then jest let her <hop> onna Klowd an get a quick ride up?

Zippy's gonna need summa Your Speshul Help dat nite, God ~
Please be certain ta Hold Zippy reel tite in Your {{GodsPawz}}.

We'd like to leave Clarice in Your Hanz, God...
May Thy Will Be Done.

Till we hear frum You,
Allua Pet Talker FurKids an Hoomins will be sendin Purrayers fur Clarice.

Thanks, God.

/s/ the Prayer Pups

------------------------

Here's a Gentle {{{HUG}}} for Clarice and Zippy -
Two of Pet Talk's Finest!

<sniff>

lovemyshiba
01-10-2005, 11:41 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Clarice is not doing well anymore Tonya.
She will be in my prayers, along with your whole family.

{{{{hugs}}}}

NoahsMommy
01-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Oh Tonya...hugs to you, honey. :(

I'll be praying for your Clarice and for your family.

Take care and give her some gentle kisses for me.

Barbara
01-11-2005, 04:09 AM
Lady Clarice we are all grateful that you had some more wonderful months.

We hope now that whatever happens will be soft and easy for you and the ones who love you.:)

All the best for you and your humans.

Medusa
01-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Blessings to you all, Tonya. It isn't an easy decision to make. But we do what we must to end their suffering. I wish I could end the pain for you and Gracie. My prayers are w/you.

M

Cataholic
01-11-2005, 02:50 PM
Gentle hugs to you and Clarice. You will be in my prayers.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-11-2005, 03:11 PM
Ah, Tonya, I'm so sorry it's almost time to say good-bye to your dear friend.

(((HUGS for you and Clarice & entire family)))

I'm here if you need to talk.

captain
01-11-2005, 09:25 PM
Phred - beautiful words as usual ...

jazzcat
01-11-2005, 10:44 PM
I'm so sorry. You are all in my prayers.

((HUGS))

catarius
01-12-2005, 09:09 AM
prayers from me and "my guys"

Scott

http://petoftheday.com/greetings/Christmas/38.html

momoffuzzyfaces
01-12-2005, 11:42 AM
I have it on good authority that Heaven has the brightest candles in every window so she will be able to find her way. And There is a certain bunny girl keeping a vigil at the Rainbow Bridge gate to greet Clarice, when the time comes, whenever it may be.

slick
01-12-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces
I have it on good authority that Heaven has the brightest candles in every window so she will be able to find her way. And There is a certain bunny girl keeping a vigil at the Rainbow Bridge gate to greet Clarice, when the time comes, whenever it may be.
Oh Connie.......such sweet words.......:( :( :(

zippy-kat
01-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Thank you, friends. What comfort lies in your posts!

Clarice is enjoying all the extra snuggles from you. :)

NoahsMommy
01-14-2005, 04:19 PM
How's our Clarice today, Tonya? I've been thinking about her today.

Give her more kisses for me, OK?

kimlovescats
01-14-2005, 08:47 PM
So sorry to hear of this difficult time for you and your dear Clarice!:(

(((HUGS)))
Kim

zippy-kat
01-16-2005, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
How's our Clarice today, Tonya? I've been thinking about her today.

Give her more kisses for me, OK?

Sorry Kelly, I didn't see this until now.
Clarice is so-so. We talked to our vet on Friday and got a can of "Mix-it"... it's suppose to taste really yummy and get them to eat more. It worked for all of one day. :(

We've upped the steroid dosage, so it's just wait and see and do whatever you can to help...

Right now, she's asleep with my sister underneath a fluffy afghan. :)

NoahsMommy
01-16-2005, 07:22 PM
I'm sorry to hear she isn't eating as much. :( I'll be hoping and praying she gets a better appetite with the increase of meds.

Give her some gentle hugs for me.

slick
01-16-2005, 09:49 PM
Big {{{HUGS}}} Tonya! It must be very heartbreaking for you right now. Please give Clarice some kisses from me and tell her that I don't need to meet her to know that I love her very much. All fingers and paws crossed that things improve.

Cinder & Smoke
01-17-2005, 01:15 AM

I hope Zippy won't mind ~

Here's most of a E-mail I received from Tonya/Zippy tonight...

"Within the last hour or so, Clarice has started walking funny. The back leg kinda "gives" -- she doesn't fully collapse but it definitely buckles. She does have a bum hip and we are experiencing some colder weather but... in my heart I know that's not all of it.

She's pretty much not eating. Last night, while she was sleeping on mom's lap she made a weird noise -sort of a long snore, sort of a gasp- and jerked herself awake. That happened twice.

Tinker (her kitten) actually went over and laid beside -almost ontop of- her this evening. That's unusual; none of our cats cuddle with each other and Clarice and Tinker haven't gotten along in years. (They don't fight, they just ignore each other.) Even the Instigator (K'Cee) is acting different towards her. Something's up.

This is tough. My heart says it's close, real close, too close. She's a pretty special lady who's raised a total of 9 kittens, 6 gerbils, 2 dogs, 2 bunnies, and 2 skin-kids. I pray that we can repay her kind, mothering nature by 'catching' her before she starts to suffer. Ultimately it will be my sister's decision, as Clarice is "officially" her cat, but...

*tears*
Prayers please.

Thanks,
Zip"

--------------------------------------------------

<picks up Prayer Line> <dials God>

Hi God ~

Please be wiff Zippy, Sis 'Lyssa, Mom, an Dad ~
While they offer comfort to Dear Clarice.

Iffin it's Tyme fur Clarice to <ride> up to Your Howze at
da Rainbow Bridge onna Solver Klowd Express ...

Let Thy Will Be Done.

We're Prayin that Clarice doesn't suffer ...

Thanks, God.

Cinder & Smoke
01-17-2005, 11:12 AM
Offering another Purrayer for Clarice.

/s/ Phred

lynnestankard
01-17-2005, 11:13 AM
Oh Zip I'm so sorry to read this thread - all I can say is my thoughts and prayers are with you all - it's such a hard road to go down - I know we did it with our Kisi.
Just know I have my Monday night candle burning brightly for a very special lady called Clarice - {{{Hugs}}}} to you all xx

Lynne

PS - Phred - many thanks as usual.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-17-2005, 11:14 AM
Prayers on the way for you sweet Clarice!

Lots of prayers for the ones you leave behind who love you so very much too!

Don't forget: Heaven left the lights on for you!

krazyaboutkatz
01-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Tonya, I'm so sorry that Clarice has taken a turn for the worse.:( She'll let you know when the time has come to say goodbye. I know this is a very difficult time for you. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent to you and your family. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

NoahsMommy
01-17-2005, 11:56 AM
Oh Tonya. :(

Your email brought tears to my eyes, sweetie. :( My thoughts, prayes and hopes will be with you, Clarice and your family.

Hugs,
Kelly

AmberLee
01-17-2005, 01:30 PM
Adding our prayers for you, Zip, and Clarice.

Cinder & Smoke
01-17-2005, 05:41 PM
Remember, Tonight is

Monday Night Candle Night ~

Please Light One for Clarice and the Zippy Family.

gini
01-17-2005, 05:47 PM
Thanks, Phred..........consider it done!

So many times in my life, I have wished so hard that I had the ability to reach out to people and pets, and take away their hurt and pain.

But, I accept that I am just as human and fragile as the next person and I leave the answers to God knowing He will take care of the healing.

Tonya, you know how much all of us care.

xxoo

zippy-kat
01-17-2005, 06:01 PM
Thank you guys for the prayers and well-wishes.

I've been in bed with a headcold and sore throat (no voice! parents are grateful for the quietness ;) ); I think I've been up a total of 2 hours today.

Clarice's first time to eat today was just a few minutes ago. All she'd eat was a nibble or two of chicken meat. She did drink a bit of milk, too. We poked one of her steroid pills down her, which made her foam at the mouth - they must taste horrible! :(

The leg is still buckling when she walks, so she doesn't get up and move around much.

My sis, who is Clarice's "official" owner, is sorta in denial. She keeps insisting that, "Maybe she's just not hungry." Possible but I think the mass might've grown and is now upstructing the esophagus, so it either hurts to eat or she can't eat very much. :(

My sis had a lot of little friends over last night - once they leave, I think we're all going to sit down and have a talk about how far to let this go. A check-up at the whitecoats to make sure there's nothing else we can do, is probably in store for this week.

It's sad.
But as much as I want to keep her with us, I will not let her suffer.

Thank you guys again; your thoughts mean the world to me!

slick
01-17-2005, 07:45 PM
:( :( Forgive me Sis....I just don't know what to say.......it just hurts too much because I know you are hurting....
candles will be lit when I get home from work.

{{{HUGS}}}

Karen
01-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Dear Zippy, dear sweet Clarice, we love you both. The end is never easy, I hope you can at least comfort her as much as you can.

wolf_Q
01-17-2005, 10:28 PM
I'm not sure what to say other than I'm keeping you, Clarice, and your family in my thoughts, Tonya. {{hugs}}

captain
01-17-2005, 10:41 PM
Oh zip,

{{hugs}}} to you and candles will be lit here too!

zippy-kat
01-18-2005, 08:43 PM
We were able to get Clarice into the vet's today.

They gave her a steroid shot as well as an antibiotic shot. If the steroid shot is going to work, we should know within a day's time. If she responds really well to the shot and if we want them to, they can then sedate her and again look at the mass. If they find something "hanging" down, they can remove it via laser surgery. But, they warned us that we should go in with our minds made up (ie whether or not to wake her up) incase they find that it's just spread everywhere.

If she responds really well to the shot and we decline to have her sedated, we can keep going in for more. But, all that does is buy more time. And, sooner or later, there has to be a stopping point.

They reminded us (how could we forget?) that it's almost assuredly cancerous. They also stated that it's possible it has already spread to other organs.

You know, it's one thing to say "They'll let you know when it's time" but it is SOOOO HARD being on the other side of the question, "When is it time to let go?" :(

captain
01-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Oh Tonya ......:(

You will know when it is time. It is only us humans that need to be SHOWN, because we do love so much ........

{{{hugs}}} to you and yours during this time.

Love
Michelle

Cinder & Smoke
01-18-2005, 10:38 PM
{{{HUGS}}} for You, the Family, and Clarice.

We're still Prayin;
and the Candles will remain lighted.

/s/ Phred and ALL the Furkids

krazyaboutkatz
01-18-2005, 11:18 PM
Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are still being sent your way. Please take care. {{{HUGS}}}

lynnestankard
01-19-2005, 06:05 AM
{{{{{Zip, Family and Clarice}}}}} such a sad time for you all to be going through - I'm keeping your very precious furlady in my thoughts and prayers. My heart foes out to you all. xxxxxx

Lynne

zippy-kat
01-19-2005, 11:18 AM
{{Thank you for all the well-wishes.}}

I forgot to mention that, the vet said the reason she's walking funny is because she's lost muscle mass.

The shot has perked her up some (her eyes are brighter!) but not as much as we were hoping. She still won't eat very much. :(

I'm home sick today and mom's forcing me to eat chicky-noodle soup (I HATE chicky-noodle soup lol)... I'm wondering if Clarice will eat it as she LOVES salty stuff. It's probaby not the most nutricious thing for a cat but, circumstances as they are, I'm not sure nutrition is something to be concerned about. Can't hurt to try, I suppose. *crosses fingers*

NoahsMommy
01-19-2005, 01:40 PM
(((((Tonya))))),

I don't know what to say either. Other than I'll be thinking and praying for you, Clarice and your family.

Feel better soon, Tonya.

Love, Kelly

jazzcat
01-19-2005, 01:43 PM
(((HUGS))) to you Tonya, family and especially Clarice.

Rachel
01-19-2005, 01:59 PM
I'm so sorry the prognosis for Clarice is not any better. She is a beautiful cat even in her senior years and the bond between her and your family is not easily surrendered, by her or those she loves. It is amazing that Clarice has survived for these past months and was still able to share her love. I pray for those of you who have decisions to make in her best interest, asking that God will help you determine what to do and when.

Please take care of yourself, Zippy. I'm glad that you didn't try to go into work today.

ChrisH
01-19-2005, 03:33 PM
So very sad. Sending out prayers, positive thoughts and {{big hugs}}.

Chris

Cinder & Smoke
01-19-2005, 10:19 PM

I'm home sick today and
mom's forcing me to eat chicky-noodle soup
(I HATE chicky-noodle soup lol)...

I'm wondering if Clarice will eat it as she LOVES salty stuff.

:p

So... did ANYone eat the chicky-noodle soupy??

Hope you're BOTH feelin better tonight!!

Candles Still Burnin;
Purrayers bein Said;
{{{HUGS}}} Sent.
;)

/s/ Phred & ALLua FurKids

zippy-kat
01-19-2005, 11:01 PM
:p

So... did ANYone eat the chicky-noodle soupy??

Depends on who's askin'...
If mom asks, I ate it all; if anyone else asks, nope not a drop! :p

Today, Clarice ate a total of 2 treats, a sip of milk, and the juice off some canned cat food. (she drank some water too.) :( Not very much...

I, on the other hand, made up for us both... mostly in the form of popcicles. :o Looks like it's my turn to visit the whitecoats, tomorrow -- can't get this cough under control. bleck!

gini
01-20-2005, 12:07 AM
It is my hope that the white coat you meet tomorrow is so handsome he makes your cough go away (and asks you out for a date!).

Love, Mom

with continued prayers for Clarice....................

Miss Meow
01-20-2005, 02:56 PM
Zippy, still sending positive thoughts to Clarice - she's still one of the most beautiful cats I've ever seen and I hope the vet can help her live comfortably. And some {{{hugs}}} to you and get better soon :)

Cinder & Smoke
01-20-2005, 11:12 PM
:confused:

Anyone Feelin Better??

Hope both You and Clarice are *perkin up* a bit! :D

{{{HUGS}}}

/s/ Phred & ALL the FurKids

zippy-kat
01-20-2005, 11:34 PM
:confused:

Anyone Feelin Better??

Hope both You and Clarice are *perkin up* a bit! :D

{{{HUGS}}}

/s/ Phred & ALL the FurKids

I stayed home from work again. Talked the whitecoat into just calling me in a couple prescriptions - an antibiotic and some sorta cough pill (weird! never had to take a pill for a cough - always a syrup). I sound crappy but, with the exception of a headache, I don't feel too bad. Hopin' to make it to work tomorrow.

Clarice's eyes are bright but she's still not eating well. :(

Thanks to all for checkin' up on us. :)

ChrisH
01-21-2005, 04:06 AM
Tonya, glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Keeping the prayers and positive thoughts going for you both.

Chris

gini
01-21-2005, 08:39 AM
Tonya, I sure hope you are feeling better this morning..........I absolutely HATE being sick - it always seems like such a waste of time.

But it does give you mandatory snuggle time with kitties with a little chicken soup thrown in for good measure.:D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-21-2005, 09:21 AM
Tonya, hope you're feeling better today, and continued good thoughts and prayers going out for Clarice and the rest of the family.

Not that it makes you feel any better, but I think whatever you have is going around. I've talked to 3 people alreadyt this mornign that sound really rough - and one of them was out of the office for the last few days, just like you. So if there is truly comfort in numbers, know that you're not alone. :)

popcornbird
01-22-2005, 01:16 AM
Prayers for you and Clarice. :( *hugs*

slick
01-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Hey Sis....how are you and Clarice doing today?? Inquiring minds want to know. ;)

sirrahbed
01-22-2005, 11:39 AM
.....some sorta cough pill (weird! never had to take a pill for a cough - always a syrup).

Are the pills squishy and called Tessalon perles? :D I bet you have a very old-fashioned doctor if he prescribes these. They do help, though!!

Feel better!!

http://e4u.deltait.com.au/dressed/bek137.gif <puts on nurse hat - wow very dusty!!>

Poo
01-25-2005, 03:58 PM
Hi Zip

I am so sorry to hear about your beloved Clarice, i am in floods of tears right now for you as I understand exactly what you are going through. My kitty was diagnosed with cancer just before Christmas she has a growth on the side of her face. The vet said that if they operated that she would loose her eye and half her nose and even then with the type of cancer it is, they said it would probably spread to other organs. It's a really hard decision to make to choose not to operate.

So i am looking after her a best I can and spoiling her rotten (as usual), but i know that eventually the time will come when we have to say goodbye. She is fine at the moment, eating, playing, purring and is her normal self. Apart from the appearance of her face you would think she was fine. It's heartbreaking knowing what's to eventually come.

My vet thinks she may have a couple of months left with us, so we are making the most of them.

I hope you have a more time with your Clarice, she is such a beautiful girl. Cherish every moment. I will be thinking of you.

zippy-kat
01-25-2005, 11:10 PM
Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

Tomorrow, with Mom and I by her side, Clarice will lose her illness and gain the wings and halo she most definitely earned.

Hopefully her old friends, Tom, ButterScotch, Max, and Sophie, --as well as a friend she never had the chance to meet, Aunt Nancy-- will meet her at the gate and show her the way.

If it weren't for K'Cee, always my shadow and even more so now, I'm not sure what I'd do.

:( My heart is breaking...

shais_mom
01-25-2005, 11:33 PM
hugs to you and you're family - you know where I am if needed.

gini
01-25-2005, 11:58 PM
And all of our hearts will break with you, Tonya.

It is so difficult to lose a precious companion and pet. We can only take comfort in the fact that Clarice will be pain free once again and able to meet all of her friends at the Rainbow Bridge.

A special prayer will be offered for you and your entire family.

Cinder & Smoke
01-26-2005, 12:21 AM
Hi God ~

<sniff>

Are You anna BridgeKids all reddy fur tumorrow?

We're sendin wunna Pet Talk's Dearest Kats up to Your Howze, God.
Please give Clarice a Warm Welcome.

Ask our GranMom and Aunt Nancy to round up summa the Ole Gang ...

Tom, ButterScotch, Max, and Sophie Bun;
Fred Kat, Tubby Kat;
an summa da Dawgs ~ Lady, Casey, Arrow, Shadow, Binx, Smokey,
Angus, Cody, Buddy...
Maybe just send da whole PT BridgeKid Gang over to meet da Silver Klowd.

And a Speshul Request, God...

Please Hold our Zippy, Sis Alyssa, an their Mom & Dad in
a BIG {{{GodsHug}}} whilst they're sayin G-Bye to
their Dear Kitty.

Thanks, God.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Zippy and Alyssa ~

We'll all be with you tonight and tomorrow ...
Candles are Burning...
Pawz are Crossed...
Prayers for Strenght and Love are Offered...
and Loving {{{Hugs}}} are sent.

Attached is one of Mom's Favorites...
The Village Pastor, Doc Cindy, sang it at the Service and Memorials for Mom...
I hope it helps ease your pain...

"His Eye Is On the Sparrow" (http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/h/i/hiseyeis.htm)

With Love from ALL your Pet Talk Friends...

/s/ :( Phred, Cinder, Smokey, Boots, and Bowser

krazyaboutkatz
01-26-2005, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by gini
And all of our hearts will break with you, Tonya.

It is so difficult to lose a precious companion and pet. We can only take comfort in the fact that Clarice will be pain free once again and able to meet all of her friends at the Rainbow Bridge.

A special prayer will be offered for you and your entire family. You've said this so well Gini. My RB Pepper will also be there to greet Clarice. Please take care Tonya.{{{HUGS}}}

shais_mom
01-26-2005, 12:38 AM
Tears are rolling now -
Reecie after being greeted by you're previous siblings and Aunt Nancy and Cinder and Smoke's and Boot's Grama - look up Grandma Josie - I know she will give you some good scritches and maybe even share a snuggle with Shaianne.
God bless you're sweet life, Reecie.

AmberLee
01-26-2005, 01:50 AM
Tears flowing here. Sending {{{hugs}}} and prayers.

ChrisH
01-26-2005, 03:14 AM
Oh, Tonya. Sending prayers and hugs for you and your family on this sad, sad, day.

Chris

slick
01-26-2005, 04:47 AM
Zip: I was thinking of you some hours ago as I drove home from work and I asked God to help you through this very difficult decision. I didn't get an answer but I know that you and your Mom will not be alone. I just wish I could be there too, to help ease your pain.

Reecie's passing will be peaceful and soon she will be young again and free to romp and play at the RB. She had a happy life and was very much loved by her hooman family. God speed to the Bridge Clarice and watch out for OJ and Casper. They will show you around and share their catnip with you.

{{{HUGS}}} Tonya. I'm going to email you my phone number at work in case you need to talk.

Much love
slick xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Maya & Inka's mommy
01-26-2005, 05:41 AM
OMG, because I wasn't on PT for a long time, I didn't know about Clarice being so sick... . Since I am back, I usually only visited Cat General, and General.
Oh my, it is hard to type with so many tears in my eyes. Tonya, I am so sorry for you... :( . It must be SO HARD to decide that it is time for your cat to go to the Rainbow Bridge... . I've lost one baby to the RB, my dear Sydney, and I still haven't come to terms with it :( . Losing a loved pet is one of the hardest things to cope with.

Dearest Tonya, I know that Clarice will be happy that to go to the RB; she knows she will be painless there. Please, take care of yourself, okey.

((((((((((((((((((((((( hugs )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cinder & Smoke
01-26-2005, 08:53 AM

We're all here with you, Zipp...

Tears flowing...

Knowing You and Alyssa are doing what's Best for Dear Clarice...

Safe Trip to The Rainbow Bridge, Dear Reecie ~

The Gang's All Waitin to Welcome you Home.

{{{Hugs}}}, Zippy!

/s/ :( Phred & the Kids

Barbara
01-26-2005, 09:24 AM
I am so sorry. What a hard time for you and your family.

It's so difficult to let go.

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
01-26-2005, 09:30 AM
{{{hugs}}} to you and your family, Tonya. I know exactly what you're going through and I know the only comfort comes from knowing that Clarice will now be pain free and healthy as can be. She will have the whole gang waiting to meet her so she will be missed here on earth, but she certainly won't be lonely at RB.

:( :(

smokey the elder
01-26-2005, 10:16 AM
I'm so sorry about Clarice. Play nice at the Bridge, little kitty.

lovemyshiba
01-26-2005, 10:21 AM
:( :(
I'm so sorry Tonya.

You and your family will be in my thoughts today.

momoffuzzyfaces
01-26-2005, 12:18 PM
Aw, my dear friend! I wish I could turn back time and make Clarice young again. Sadly, only God can do that.

I've kept her and you and your family in my prayers. This morning, I reminded God to have Heaven ready for a very special kitty.
I am assured that all of Heaven is glowing bright and her personal guardian angel will escort her home where there is an amazing crowd waiting to welcome her. Miz Sophie insists on being the first to greet her.

Clarice a life is a success by how much love is left behind. You, sweet one, are very very successful!!! Play in peace and rest in love!

(((HUGS)))

jazzcat
01-26-2005, 12:32 PM
(((HUGS)))

I'm thinking of you and your family today.

captain
01-26-2005, 10:24 PM
{{{Hugs}}}} across the miles to you ....

Cinder & Smoke
01-26-2005, 10:42 PM

Clarice, the Beloved Kitty of Alyssa, Zippy's younger Sister,

was gently delivered to the Rainbow Bridge today;

and becomes God's newest FurAngel.

Please post your Condolences to Alyssa and Zippy at >>>

Clarice ~ 1990 - 2005 (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70042)