PDA

View Full Version : Atomic Number (thursday) 70

RICHARD
09-01-2004, 11:47 AM
The atomic element for the #70 is ytterbium (SP)

So what better way to celebrate this great element by honoring it
with a DOTD known as the....

'Adam Bomb'

Apples and cinnamon go together nicely, but this packs a punch!
INGREDIENTS:

1 oz. Apple Schnapps
1 oz. Goldschläger
PREPARATION:

Hand swirl over ice, Strain into a chilled cocktail or rocks glass.

--------------------------------------
I am going to have a meltdown in about 10 minutes so I figure I'd go out with a blast. ;)

Let the games begin.

momoffuzzyfaces
09-01-2004, 11:59 AM
Bet you can't say ytterbium 3 times fast! ;)
I can't say it once, slow!

Could I have a liquor free one:
apple cider and ginger ale?

Oh, and 4 catnip teas on ice please!:D

RICHARD
09-01-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by momoffuzzyfaces

Oh, and 4 catnip teas on ice please!:D

HOW DO YOU PRONOUNCE IT???

;)

Ginger ale and apple cider.....4 catnip teas on ice...

DONE!

I love it when the patrons get me out of my funk.....:D

momoffuzzyfaces
09-01-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
HOW DO YOU PRONOUNCE IT???

;)

Ginger ale and apple cider.....4 catnip teas on ice...

DONE!

I love it when the patrons get me out of my funk.....:D I don't pronounce it! That's one of those words I just bleep over when reading!

Now don't you go getting depressed! I was depressed enough for all of us the last couple of weeks. That's why I laid low. You didn't need me grumping up the place. I'm feeling better now though. I think Mario and the conga line of mice in the L & F did the trick! (you'll need to see last weeks episode to understand that one, unless you were there, of course!):D

davidpizzica
09-01-2004, 12:27 PM

Oh, and 4 catnip teas on ice please!:D Connie, I DID say ytterbium 3 times fast. Nyah! Followup doctors visit tomorrow. Then I'll find when I could drive my car again! The therapist says that I can use a cane more! Goodbye walker(not really)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-01-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by david p
Connie, I DID say ytterbium 3 times fast. Nyah! Followup doctors visit tomorrow. Then I'll find when I could drive my car again! The therapist says that I can use a cane more! Goodbye walker(not really) Gosh you will really be able to cover the ground with a cane instead of walker. Won't be long before you won't need it either. Good luck tomorrow.:D

slick
09-01-2004, 12:44 PM
Can't stop long today folks. I had yesterday off and now I'm paying for it. Those alligators are getting closer everyday.

Hi MOFF, Hi David, Hi Richard.
I'll just grab a double BM to go please. If you could please put some of those delicious garlic stuffed olives in there, that would be great. It will help ward off the reptiles. Thanks. ;)

DJFyrewolf36
09-01-2004, 01:05 PM
Pass the DOTD this way...several of them!

catland
09-01-2004, 01:07 PM
well what the heck - I'll try that dotd. It didn't take me too long to get caught up here at work this week after being off last week.

However, my tenant is moving out of my rental house this weekend so its time to clean it up and get it re-rented. We stopped by the other day and fortunately it looks like he was someone who was not hard on the place so it shouldn't take much time/effort to get it rerented - just a little yard work and getting the carpets cleaned.

davidpizzica
09-01-2004, 01:11 PM
Gosh you will really be able to cover the ground with a cane instead of walker. Won't be long before you won't need it either. Good luck tomorrow.:D Connie, it's pronounced yit-TER-bium! I went outside with my therapist this morning and started old blue(1994 cutlass surpreme coupe) it started right up!

davidpizzica
09-01-2004, 01:16 PM
RICHARD, how about a dotd coming my way? I hope he gives me the go ahead to drive!!

trayi52
09-01-2004, 01:28 PM
Hi everybody!! *waves* How are you doing!?

Now David, where are you wanting to go so badly?! Better enjoy all the attention while you can! We're here to give too!

Hey, Richard that DOTD sounds yummy! I'll start out with one of those...!!! Mario, just wants his usual.

Willie:D

RICHARD
09-01-2004, 01:49 PM
Goodbye walker(not really)

Walker, Texas Ranger is still on in reruns!!!;)

DOTD, DONE!

Slick,

Double BM with garlic stuffed onions.....LOL,
I made some for real this past weekend and thought that they tasted better when I made them for friends in Gini's kitchen!

DONE!

DJ,
DONE! a few????;)

Catland,

It's a nutty wednesday anyway!!

DONE!

Tray,

Thank you for asking the question that has been burning a hole in my head.......

David,

Unless you are coming out to Cah lee fuh nee ah for the NASCAR race this weekend- take it slow!!!!

A DOTD for tray and a beer for my man, Mario..

Mario,

If you are interested in some 'company', a little rough around the edges, but a fun gal...........

Sex-starved chimp smokes and spits on visitors

A sex-starved female chimp at a zoo in central China has taken to smoking and spitting on visitors.

Thirteen-year-old Feili appears sullen, sleeps all the time and ignores visitors except to pester them for cigarettes.

She rushes to the front of her cage and becomes anxious and impatient when her requests for a cigarette are ignored, reports Eastday.com, quoting Shanghai Daily.

It is thought she started smoking after seeing her keeper having a cigarette break.

She has become such a keen smoker that she spits on guests who fail to offer her a cigarette or a light.

A boy who witnessed Feili spitting at the Zhengzhou Zoo, in Henan Province, said: "A tourist threw a cigarette butt to just outside the cage, she tried to get the butt with a stick."

Zoo director Lui Bing claims the chimpanzee has turned from "a gentle girl" to a "shrew" because her "husband" - now 41 years old - was unable "to meet her sexual demands".

It is reported that all efforts by the authorities to find another partner for her have been rejected by the chimpanzee, who has ended up venting her frustration on tourists.

Mr Bing said: "Feili smokes because of curiosity rather than addiction, and she learned how to spit from badly-behaved visitors. She is a real problem for the zoo."

davidpizzica
09-01-2004, 01:57 PM
Walker, Texas Ranger is still on in reruns!!!;)

DOTD, DONE!

Slick,

Double BM with garlic stuffed onions.....LOL,
I made some for real this past weekend and thought that they tasted better when I made them for friends in Gini's kitchen!

DONE!

DJ,
DONE! a few????;)

Catland,

It's a nutty wednesday anyway!!

DONE!

Tray,

Thank you for asking the question that has been burning a hole in my head.......

David,

Unless you are coming out to Cah lee fuh nee ah for the NASCAR race this weekend- take it slow!!!!

A DOTD for tray and a beer for my man, Mario..

Mario,

If you are interested in some 'company', a little rough around the edges, but a fun gal...........

Sex-starved chimp smokes and spits on visitors

A sex-starved female chimp at a zoo in central China has taken to smoking and spitting on visitors.

Thirteen-year-old Feili appears sullen, sleeps all the time and ignores visitors except to pester them for cigarettes.

She rushes to the front of her cage and becomes anxious and impatient when her requests for a cigarette are ignored, reports Eastday.com, quoting Shanghai Daily.

It is thought she started smoking after seeing her keeper having a cigarette break.

She has become such a keen smoker that she spits on guests who fail to offer her a cigarette or a light.

A boy who witnessed Feili spitting at the Zhengzhou Zoo, in Henan Province, said: "A tourist threw a cigarette butt to just outside the cage, she tried to get the butt with a stick."

Zoo director Lui Bing claims the chimpanzee has turned from "a gentle girl" to a "shrew" because her "husband" - now 41 years old - was unable "to meet her sexual demands".

It is reported that all efforts by the authorities to find another partner for her have been rejected by the chimpanzee, who has ended up venting her frustration on tourists.

Mr Bing said: "Feili smokes because of curiosity rather than addiction, and she learned how to spit from badly-behaved visitors. She is a real problem for the zoo." RICHARD, I will go slow. I only have a 11 year old Oldsmobile!

Killearn Kitties
09-01-2004, 02:32 PM
Ooh, could I have one of those drinks please? Just been at an Employment Law and Health & Safety seminar ...

momoffuzzyfaces
09-01-2004, 02:38 PM
Richard, if Mario starts bringing the spitting chimp to the bar, are you going to pass out yellow rain slickers and hats?

Gosh, David, you have a NEW car! I drive an 1985 Grand Marques!
Also, knows as THE OLD CAR at the repair shop. :D

*waves* hi, everyone!
:D

davidpizzica
09-01-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
Hi everybody!! *waves* How are you doing!?

Now David, where are you wanting to go so badly?! Better enjoy all the attention while you can! We're here to give too!

Hey, Richard that DOTD sounds yummy! I'll start out with one of those...!!! Mario, just wants his usual.

Willie:D Willie, I am enjoying the attention of all the PTers, but I'm getting tired of looking at these same four walls. Two weeks at home, four days at the hospital, I hate looking at walls!!!

davidpizzica
09-01-2004, 02:44 PM
Richard, if Mario starts bringing the spitting chimp to the bar, are you going to pass out yellow rain slickers and hats?

Gosh, David, you have a NEW car! I drive an 1985 Grand Marques!
Also, knows as THE OLD CAR at the repair shop. :D

*waves* hi, everyone!
:D Connie, it only has 64,550 miles on it! and paid for!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-01-2004, 03:23 PM
Howdy peoples...

How's your guys week been? Hawt hawt weather in Wisconsin... makes for 2 and a half ours of band practice outside rather unpleasant... :p

Smoothie, please, Richard!

DJFyrewolf36
09-01-2004, 03:38 PM
Connie, it's pronounced yit-TER-bium! I went outside with my therapist this morning and started old blue(1994 cutlass surpreme coupe) it started right up!

Alright! Woohoo! Soon you can be tearing up the freeways :D
David, trust me, Ive seen Olds go pretty darn fast! I did a lot of work on my friends 89 Olds Cutlass station wagon. That thing is such a pain in the foot to work on but darn it could fly!

Hrm, my coworkers are talking about X-mas shopping...is it just me or is it too darn soon to even be thinking about that sort of thing?

Hey Richard, thanks for the drinks. Ugh work has been such a chore :p. People need to mellow out! Oh, before I forget, a tea for Remus and put some type of sedative in it! That cat was bouncing off the furnature at lunch.

Hey Abbygirl, I love the new siggy! Gavin is soooooooo cute!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-01-2004, 03:39 PM
Thanks! Can I have Remus, then?? :D

RICHARD
09-01-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Killearn Kitties
Ooh, could I have one of those drinks please? Just been at an Employment Law and Health & Safety seminar ...

You'll need a double, dealing with RULES make MY head spin!!

DONE!

MOFF,
Slickers and ashtrays!!

DONE!

ILMAG,

Smoothie, Done!

Should the juke box ever break down can I call the band to play??

DJ,

Tea for Remus and I think it's better that he bounce off the furniture than claw it....;)

David,

I don't doubt your driving ability.....it's your enthusiasm that scares me!!!:D

slick
09-01-2004, 04:21 PM
Just been at an Employment Law and Health & Safety seminar ...
Gee maybe that's what I need to help me sleep. Does that come in pill form? :D ;)
David: my 97 Blazer just passed the 99,000 kms the other day.
Oh that's right, silly me. You Americans don't do kilos. :p
I'll take another BM please Richard. Thanks. Food and drink always taste better at someone else's house don't they??

Killearn Kitties
09-01-2004, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by slick
Gee maybe that's what I need to help me sleep. Does that come in pill form? :D ;)
I'll send you a copy of all my guidance notes. :D

At least the good thing about different time zones is that if you are up and about at 3am, I'll be at the PC already, so you can send messages to me and relieve the pressure on Gini!

catland
09-01-2004, 06:24 PM
I've had my Subaru for almost a year now and it doesn't have 8000 miles on it yet (thats a little under 13,000 kilometers).;)

But I still have 4 years of payments left.:eek: :rolleyes:

With that depressing thought I need another DOTD please.:D

gini
09-01-2004, 06:29 PM
. :D

At least the good thing about different time zones is that if you are up and about at 3am, I'll be at the PC already, so you can send messages to me and relieve the pressure on Gini!

Yeah, when the cats wake me up to say "you've got mail" at 3am, it gets old.:D

Hi everyone, just stopped by for a quick minute. It is pretty warm here today, and I am working, so maybe a nice tall iced tea would be good.

Richard, chin up - don't let work get you down! (easy for me to say).

captain
09-01-2004, 06:39 PM
YAY - my boss is on a 2 day course, and I am FREE, FREE to post and search on PT to my little hearts delight!!!

Give me a double of anything .............. :D

RICHARD
09-01-2004, 07:14 PM
Slick.

double BM done!

KK,
Refill?

DONE!

Catland,

That's 208 thursdays!!!!:eek:

DOTD, DONE....

Gini,

I can't let it get me down...
Tall Iced Tea.....DONE:)

Hi Captain.

I salute you!!!

Double lime slushie??

DONE!

davidpizzica
09-01-2004, 07:47 PM
RICHARD, could I have a DOTD before I start my second set of exercises? I already did a ton of them before this!

KYS
09-01-2004, 08:36 PM
It's to darn hot over my way.
I'm dragging.
If it is not to much trouble how about a nice cool
LARGE glass of lemonade on ice.

On the bright side, we did get a new employee today
after a 1-2 year freeze. :)

They through him to the wolves with very
little training on his first day of work.
Poor guy!

Corinna
09-01-2004, 09:53 PM
hi every one ! I just got a mintue to jump on . Hubby got home after being gone for a week. Glad to hear old blue started up David. I had a 1984 jeep waggoneer (cherokee forrunner) until last summer . I bought it with a hunderd thousand miles on her (Maggie) had her for 4 years and put 2two hundred thousand on the orginal motor. She was leaking every fliud, sold her for 500 bucks. now I have a montero 1995 love Cassie .. I'm up higher and shes 4 wheel drive shift on the fly no locking hubs (yeah) another year of payments.(yuck )
We are having really crappy weather I'm afraid its a lead to what our winter will be like. Long and cold. It's been rainy and cold lots of wind too. I guess after reading Kay ann and the other Floridians up coming weather I should be glad for this crappy stuff.

Miss Meow
09-01-2004, 10:11 PM
I'll grab a double DOTD - sounds just what the doctor ordered! :D

Hmmm, dogs are quiet, better go check what they're destroying :eek:

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-01-2004, 10:34 PM
I would be honored to entertain yall! That would be greattttt! :D

Thanks for the smoothie!

anna_66
09-01-2004, 11:36 PM

'Adam Bomb'

Apples and cinnamon go together nicely, but this packs a punch!
INGREDIENTS:

1 oz. Apple Schnapps
1 oz. Goldschläger
PREPARATION:

Hand swirl over ice, Strain into a chilled cocktail or rocks glass.

--------------------------------------
I am going to have a meltdown in about 10 minutes so I figure I'd go out with a blast. ;)

Let the games begin.
Well you all know I'm not usually here, but this drink sounded too good to pass up and I think it might help my aching back a little too:D
Could I have a double please Richard?!

Killearn Kitties
09-02-2004, 08:05 AM
OK, I'll do the tidying up this morning. Does anyone mind if I get the pancakes, sausages and maple syrup going? I've thought about it for a week (thanks for he pictures T&P's mom) and I think I'm ready to try it out.

Does anyone know how Randi got on on her first day?

davidpizzica
09-02-2004, 08:51 AM
OK, I'll do the tidying up this morning. Does anyone mind if I get the pancakes, sausages and maple syrup going? I've thought about it for a week (thanks for he pictures T&P's mom) and I think I'm ready to try it out.

Does anyone know how Randi got on on her first day? KK, I don't mind a good breakfast! Pancakes, sausage, and maple syrup sounds heavenly! I'll have some before my follow up appointment at the doctors today!

Killearn Kitties
09-02-2004, 08:59 AM
You'll need some sustenance for that! Spot of coffee to go with it?

Does the knee feel any different from when you first came home? How about a progress report?

davidpizzica
09-02-2004, 09:14 AM
You'll need some sustenance for that! Spot of coffee to go with it?

Does the knee feel any different from when you first came home? How about a progress report? KK, my knee has more range of motion than it did, and slowly the initial pain is going away, and I can use a cane more. I can bend the new knee more and more. I do a whole bunch of exercises twice a day(even when I don't feel lilke it!) I'm hopeful that the doctor gives me the go ahead to start driving again. I'm tired of staring at these four walls!! lol lol BTW, I'll take a cup of coffee, too.

lbaker
09-02-2004, 09:26 AM
HI EVERYONE! * waving with a big grin * I'VE MISSED YOU. I know it's early but that DOTD sounds smashing (but what is Goldschlager anyway??) Let me help with breakfast KK, I think some fluffy scrambled eggs go quite well with pancakes and sausage, or maybe some french toast for a choice with those pancakes. YUM. A little early for band music, how about started with some classical... then we can crank up the juke box later.

davidpizzica
09-02-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by lbaker
HI EVERYONE! * waving with a big grin * I'VE MISSED YOU. I know it's early but that DOTD sounds smashing (but what is Goldschlager anyway??) Let me help with breakfast KK, I think some fluffy scrambled eggs go quite well with pancakes and sausage, or maybe some french toast for a choice with those pancakes. YUM. A little early for band music, how about started with some classical... then we can crank up the juke box later. I can stick around until it's time for the doctors.

KYS
09-02-2004, 09:31 AM
scrambled eggs and pancakes!!!
I am getting hungry.
I'll help too!
Help eat it. lol
I will bring some sliced fruit, slivered almonds
and whip cream.

davidpizzica
09-02-2004, 09:34 AM
HI EVERYONE! * waving with a big grin * I'VE MISSED YOU. I know it's early but that DOTD sounds smashing (but what is Goldschlager anyway??) Let me help with breakfast KK, I think some fluffy scrambled eggs go quite well with pancakes and sausage, or maybe some french toast for a choice with those pancakes. YUM. A little early for band music, how about started with some classical... then we can crank up the juke box later. lbaker, you are sure making me hungry!!

Killearn Kitties
09-02-2004, 09:50 AM
You deserve a good feed. You're sticking in very well with those exercises! I think I'll join you - at least in the breakfast!

davidpizzica
09-02-2004, 09:54 AM
You deserve a good feed. You're sticking in very well with those exercises! I think I'll join you - at least in the breakfast! Those exercises are TOUGH! I would't wish them on anybody!

Corinna
09-02-2004, 10:17 AM
Good morning all ! That breckfast smells just heavenly. Hope you have a "good "doctors appointment. I'm going to have a lazy day off today . Have a bunch of stuff tomorrow The only thing planned to do is pick up hubby at work as he has to return work van. Going to go to lunch then home for a day of movies and lounging.
I'll pop in now and then. Have a great day every one.
Thinking and praying for our southern most PTers.

Killearn Kitties
09-02-2004, 10:37 AM
what is Goldschlager anyway??

I'm so glad you asked. Hopefully someone will know, I haven't a clue!

Let me help with breakfast KK, I think some fluffy scrambled eggs go quite well with pancakes and sausage, or maybe some french toast for a choice with those pancakes. YUM

Thanks for the help. Are you a bit concerned that I will not know what to do, since I hadn't heard of this dish before last week? :D Or that I might serve it with a dollop of clotted cream? ;)

Hope things went well at the hospital last week. Glad you're back.

DJFyrewolf36
09-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
Thanks! Can I have Remus, then?? :D

Hehe if you can deal with him doing a power ricochet off of your head! This morning I darn near stepped on the little butthead, he decided that running around in front of me while Im still waking up is a good idea :rolleyes:

Oh Richard, he claws the furnature too. Lucky for us we got furnature from people who have cats...and they have made it pretty much kitty proof ;)

PJ's Mom
09-02-2004, 10:44 AM
Goldschlager is a cinnamon flavored liquor that has pieces of real gold in it. (hence the name) It's quite tasty, but packs quite a punch. :D

gini
09-02-2004, 10:58 AM
Good morning everyone.........I could smell that sausage a mile away and it brought me right in!

I googled Goldschlager and saw another drink that made me laugh.

It is called a Gorilla Fart. It is equal parts of Goldschlager and Jagermeister. Jagermeister is a bitter liquor made of 57 herbs and spices - pretty potent!

I think I will pass (forgive the pun) on that one.

Good to see everyone here..........look David is driving round and round the bar in his car. Bet he is glad he can do that!

Where is Slick? Haven't seen her yet this morning.

Did someone say "clotted cream" YUM!

snappy
09-02-2004, 11:16 AM
Good Morning everyone....just a quick stop in before a vet visit....my one boy has a problem with his left facial nerve, and it is narrowed down to just two possible problems - due to ear infections (a cocker spaniel's every day problem) the nerve has an infection also which can be treated, or it is some sort of growth in places and types I am not ready for.

So I really need a DOTD - make it a double!

And please keep your fingers and paws crossed for my Roo.......

davidpizzica
09-02-2004, 11:19 AM
Good to see everyone here..........look David is driving round and round the bar in his car. Bet he is glad he can do that!

[/B][/QUOTE] Gini, I'm the little old man from Pittsburgh! Look OUT! Btw, guess who called me on the phone! DONNA! YAHOO!!!

PJ's Mom
09-02-2004, 11:42 AM
Hi Snappy. Sorry to hear about your Roo. I bet he'll be fine. :) Peej will keep his paws crossed for him. :) We'd love to see pictures of him when you get the chance. :)

RICHARD
09-02-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by KYS

If it is not to much trouble how about a nice cool
LARGE glass of lemonade on ice.

On the bright side, we did get a new employee today
after a 1-2 year freeze. :)

They through him to the wolves with very
little training on his first day of work.
Poor guy!

But did he Dance With Wolves???

Sorry, I couldn't help it....

Lemonade, DONE!

MM,

So what did the dogs destroy??

Double Adam bomb!

DONE!

ILMAG,
Welcome!

Hi Anna,

A double DOTD...

I hope your back is better, I know your pain....

Try a Thermacare wrap....I bought some and they worked very well!

KK,

I'll wash the dishes!!:D

David,

Good for you!! glad to hear you are motorvating well.

KYS....

This is one reason I dislike Thursdays so much....Someone comes up with an idea and my mouth starts to water- I can't rest until I have whipped cream, fruit and almonds.

DJ,

Power riccohet!! love it!

PJM,

Thank you for defining "goldschlager"

Snappy,

A double and a prayer for your baby!

DONE!

And a good thought for Randi!!
;)

momoffuzzyfaces
09-02-2004, 11:50 AM

:D I gather you got a good report from the doctor?

Did you notice Mario is driving round and round the bar too. He's trying to imate you. Only he's driving inside and in a peddle car!

Can I have some orange juice in some 7-Up? Oh, and pizza! Lots and lots of pizza! It's lunch time here!

DJFyrewolf36
09-02-2004, 11:51 AM
Power Richochet, a new addition to Furminology? Hmmm....

I'll just take a mountain dew. Things are pretty relaxed at work...no bosses lol!

davidpizzica
09-02-2004, 12:06 PM
:D I gather you got a good report from the doctor?

Did you notice Mario is driving round and round the bar too. He's trying to imate you. Only he's driving inside and in a peddle car!

Can I have some orange juice in some 7-Up? Oh, and pizza! Lots and lots of pizza! It's lunch time here!
:D Not yet, Connie! I leave for the doctors in a half an hour then I find out! Old blue looks funny without a driver!!

lynnestankard
09-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Hi Everyone - **Waves** - lovely to see the pub this busy isn't it?
Is that French Toast - oooh yes - I'll just -dive in eh?

That Adam Bomb Thingy sounds really yummy Richard - think I'll have to give it a try.

Karen - are you going over to the Americans - pancakes,sausage and bacon - bet they'd love some black pudding!!

Snappy - keeping fingers crossed for Roo. Good Luck.

Lynne

lbaker
09-02-2004, 12:17 PM
Black pudding :confused:

davidpizzica
09-02-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
Is that French Toast - oooh yes - I'll just -dive in eh?

That Adam Bomb Thingy sounds really yummy Richard - think I'll have to give it a try.

Karen - are you going over to the Americans - pancakes,sausage and bacon - bet they'd love some black pudding!!

Snappy - keeping fingers crossed for Roo. Good Luck.

Lynne Lynne, what is black puddng? Sonds good, though.

gini
09-02-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard

Lynne

Don't think so Lynne, you just keep that over there for you guys to enjoy!!:D :D

Killearn Kitties
09-02-2004, 12:22 PM
Thought I'd give it a try Lynne. I was quite peckish. Also Gini mentioned porridge last week. :eek: That was really scary! It's the one food I think I could only eat if my life depended on it. She also said something about having this porridge on a cold and wet morning here? What do you think she meant? Must have been very unlucky to get a cold wet morning while on holiday here! Perhaps she came in January? :D

After all that food, I'm definitely ready for a drink of the day.

Pats and good wishes to Roo.

Killearn Kitties
09-02-2004, 12:29 PM
David, here's a link for black pudding. Not perhaps the best one it obviously trying to gross people out.

http://www.g4cio.demon.co.uk/bpudding/pudding.htm

Killearn Kitties
09-02-2004, 12:32 PM
I've found a recipe!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-02-2004, 12:43 PM
Is porridge the same as our oatmeal? If so, it can be quite yummy, depending on how you fix it.:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-02-2004, 12:44 PM
I've found a recipe!

Just had to chime in here and say EEEEWWWWWWWW!!! NO THANK YOU!!

Not much time to post - Hi everyone! Bye everyone! :)

lynnestankard
09-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Good work Karen - I was off looking for a recipe!!

I do like black pudding - there's a stall on Bury market where you can get them without the lumps of fat - very tasty they are too!!!

Yes Connie oatmeal and porridge are one and the same.

I'm like you Karen - can't stand the stuff. :D :D

Lynne

catland
09-02-2004, 12:49 PM
Hi everyone - I could smell that breakfast all the way from my place.

Instead of a DOTD, I think I'd rather have a Spanish Coffee - the weather is kind of cool and rainy here today.

T&P - from your reaction maybe I shouldn't bother checking out the black pudding link.

KK - what exactly is "peckish"?

Killearn Kitties
09-02-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by catland

KK - what exactly is "peckish"?
Oh I'm sorry! It just means hungry, but just a little bit hungy not starving hungry.

PJ's Mom
09-02-2004, 12:59 PM
PJM,

Thank you for defining "goldschlager"

Anytime. You'll find I'm a regular fountain of information. :rolleyes: :D

lbaker
09-02-2004, 01:03 PM
EWWWWWWWW I just read what black pudding was :eek: OMG, people really EAT that?? I mean, scrapple is one thing but realllllly, warm intestines filled with blood? * quickly grabs nearest trash can * I do like piping hot oatmeal with cream and maybe some brown sugar and/or raisens....

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-02-2004, 01:55 PM
Mmm... breakfast... I just woke up... :p

lynnestankard
09-02-2004, 02:21 PM
I know Laurie - it sounds disgusting - but is really tasty. Honestly.

Lynne

RICHARD
09-02-2004, 02:25 PM

7 and OJ, Pizza too!

DONE!

DJ,

DEW the DEW! DONE!

Lynne,
A-Bomb for you....I'll try the pudding.
You never know until you try.
DONE!

KK,
A DOTD for you!
DONE!

MOFF,

Instead of sugar I take some jelly or preserves and spoon some in my oatmeal!:D

The think I love about Thursdays is all the info we exchange..

Peckish, Goldschlager, Black pudding.....

I guess we'll have to start using our new found vocabulary in a sentence.

lbaker
09-02-2004, 02:30 PM
"Even though I was feeling quite peckish it took a lot of Goldschlager to wash down the Black Pudding" :D

momoffuzzyfaces
09-02-2004, 02:40 PM

MOFF,

Instead of sugar I take some jelly or preserves and spoon some in my oatmeal!:D
I think our family trees must cross somewhere. I love strawberry or peach preserves in my oatmeal!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-02-2004, 03:08 PM
"Even though I was feeling quite peckish it took a lot of Goldschlager to wash down the Black Pudding" :D
Who says we don't learn something here at Thursdays? :D

DJFyrewolf36
09-02-2004, 04:05 PM
I'd be willing to try it just to say I had! Hrm, it doesn't sound TOO gross...

gini
09-02-2004, 04:20 PM
Did you ever think about the fact that we have

CHOCOLATE PUDDING
BUTTERSCOTCH PUDDING
BREAD PUDDING
YORKSHIRE PUDDING
CUSTARD PUDDING
VANILLA PUDDING

But this one they call "Black" - guess intestine pudding wouldn't sound too good, though, would it? So they just call it Black,
hoping you won't know what it is:D :D

Just funnin you Karen and Lynne.........................

I have completely lost my peckishness, so I will have a large drink of ANYTHING!

gini
09-02-2004, 04:21 PM
Where is Slick?

snappy
09-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Hey all - well we are back from the vet....it appears that it has something to do with his inner ear - his eardrum is opeque(sp?) and not clear and bright as it should be. So next week he goes in for a CT and we decide from there what to do. Thanks to all for the prayers, crossed fingers and paws and the double DOTD!

Black pudding - no thanks I am close to a full Vegan and that really grosses me out!:eek:

I will post pics of Roo (real name Andy but Andrew was such a long name for him when he was a little guy) and Jessie when I get some that are good and when I figure out how to do it!

Got to go - it is time for dinner......no thanks to the oatmeal either...the texture gets to me! :)

Miss Meow
09-02-2004, 05:05 PM
Ewwwwwww, lost my apetite at the mere thought of black pudding! I remember a Nick Nairn cooking show when he was trying to prepare the stuff, and he went off camera and vomited! :D

Another DOTD please :)

Dogs played tug o war with a shirt, pair of pants and the cat bed. Pretty tame compared to their usual antics :eek:

catland
09-02-2004, 05:15 PM
maybe they can have black pudding on the next episode of Fear Factor.

so let me see if I understand this peckish thing...

I am peckish
You are peckish
He/she/it is peckish

We are peckish.
We have had been peckish.
We will be peckishing.

that sounds about right.

No Mario - I don't think black pudding is your cup of tea - here's a beer instead.;)

Miss Meow - I like your sig - its good to know that spring is on the way somewhere in the world.

lbaker
09-02-2004, 05:31 PM
I was peckish?
He, she or it was pecked?
Peck a pack of pickled speckers? * don't even go there * :rolleyes:
*went back to edit a little* didn't want to get a slap on the wrist ;)

captain
09-02-2004, 05:56 PM
I LOVE Black Pudding, but just refuse to "think" of what it REALLY is ..............

Peck .............

At least, let's hope, never ............. HEN-Pecked :D

Double Goldshcl??? .....whatever, please barperson.

Killearn Kitties
09-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Miss Meow, I had no idea Nick Nairn had spread so far! You got his programmes there? What did you think of him?

Miss Meow
09-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Miss Meow, I had no idea Nick Nairn had spread so far! You got his programmes there? What did you think of him?

Yes, love him! He's so relaxed on TV (except when cooking black pud, of course ;)).

We also had Gordon Ramsay's kitchen disasters on for a while. That quickly became my favourite show :D

Catland, thanks :)

RICHARD
09-02-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by gini

I have completely lost my peckishness, so I will have a large drink of ANYTHING!

green slushie, done!

Laurie....
A+, go to the head of the class!

MOFF,
I wouldn't say THAT too loud!!!

T&P,

we are always learning!!;)

Snappy,

Hope it's nothing more that a little ear infection...

MM,

But does Nick like Ranch dressing???:confused:

DDOTD, DONE!

LOLOL, Catland..

I have watched Fear factor and then saw what they eat on that show..........yikes!!!!

I ain't THAT peckish!!!

Captain,

You got it!!!!

DONE.

And I'd like to thank KK for our word of the day, PECKISH!!

Corinna
09-02-2004, 06:53 PM
Catland you beat me to the Fear factor line .I was thinking how sometimes Thursdays do become a fear factor place. Do
you think they look in our bar? I think we should invite them into our L&F :D
David how did the doc visit go?

davidpizzica
09-02-2004, 07:34 PM
Corinna, I got the staples out, and asked him about driving. He said as long as I don't take any pain pills before I get behind the wheel, I can drive! It hurt a little getting in, but it wasn't too bad. I took a two minute drive to the grocery store. He also said I was healing up nicely and I can start out patient therapy.(Daisy is here with me correcting my spelling!)

Corinna
09-02-2004, 07:42 PM
WAHOOOOOO
So glad to hear that

davidpizzica
09-02-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
WAHOOOOOO
So glad to hear that Corinna, you weren't the only one glad to hear that!! I sort of liked it myself!

RICHARD
09-03-2004, 01:39 AM
david,

Hands at 10 and two, look both ways and
25 in a school zone........

the Green flag means go, Yellow caution and the White is one lap to go!!

snappy
09-03-2004, 05:57 AM
Way to Go David!!! Glad to hear you are on the go once again. Look out Pittsburgh - 'old blue' is out and about..... :)

davidpizzica
09-03-2004, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by snappy
Way to Go David!!! Glad to hear you are on the go once again. Look out Pittsburgh - 'old blue' is out and about..... :) Snappy, it's great to have wheels again! I was getting awfully tired of looking at 4 walls!!

RICHARD
09-03-2004, 11:54 AM
Snappy, it's great to have wheels again! I was getting awfully tired of looking at 4 walls!!

If you see a high speed chase involving a blue car don't worry....:eek:

momoffuzzyfaces
09-03-2004, 01:04 PM

MOFF,
I wouldn't say THAT too loud!!!

THAT!!!!!!!:D

Could I get a big cherry vanilla coke, please? Oh, the kids would like a refill on the iced catnip teas too, please?

Mario, you are awfully quiet today. What's up?:)

lbaker
09-03-2004, 01:21 PM
David won't take him for a ride in his car unless Mario wears a helmet AND a seatbelt and Mario thinks it looks dorky :rolleyes: He's pouting.

RICHARD
09-03-2004, 01:29 PM
THAT!!!!!!!:D

Could I get a big cherry vanilla coke, please? Oh, the kids would like a refill on the iced catnip teas too, please?

Mario, you are awfully quiet today. What's up?:)

I think he's tired after he got tired of the peddle car he took to the sidewalks on his big wheel...he's pooped!

No, not that kinda pooped!;)

Huge CVC, cat nip teas, with bergs in it.
DONE!

Laurie

Mario wants his beer "to go". I told him he can't have an open container in the car.....That might be a reason....:confused:

lbaker
09-03-2004, 01:31 PM
;) :D

gini
09-03-2004, 01:35 PM
Mario, come here honey, Auntie Gini will take you for a ride - No! You can't drive!

(someone give him a root beer, but block out the word "root")

Moff, how COULD you say THAT?:D :D

davidpizzica
09-03-2004, 01:39 PM
There is a reason fr no open containers in the car. I just had it washed(for real!) and Mario isn't very neat!! Before yu sit in my car, Mario, CLEAN DIAPER!!

snappy
09-03-2004, 01:46 PM
Just because David is doing so well - I would like to buy a round of beverages for everyone here!

Sorry Richard, you may be busy for a while....just let me know if you need help. I am good with the tap, and a general pour, but don't ask me to mix anything.....that gets messy! :D

Mario - will get a wonderful root BEER from me.....

Killearn Kitties
09-03-2004, 01:58 PM
Oh that's very kind! Don't mind if I do. A DOTD please - just to toast David's knee and new-found driving freedom! Yeah!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-03-2004, 02:43 PM
Mario, come here honey, Auntie Gini will take you for a ride - No! You can't drive!

(someone give him a root beer, but block out the word "root")

Moff, how COULD you say THAT?:D :D
:D It's easy: THAT!!! :eek:

Sometimes I just can't help myself!!!;)

Oh, Oh, Gini; Mario just told me you and he were going to drag race with David. Every one BUCKLE UP!!!!:D

davidpizzica
09-03-2004, 02:53 PM
Gini, what kind of car do you have? I have a 11 year old oldsmobile! Wanna drag?

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-03-2004, 03:03 PM
Hey David, I'll take you on. I've got a 2004 Tracker. A little newer, but I'm positive it has less power. It's only a little 4 banger and has NO power whatsoever. I was trying to merge onto the highway the other day and I had to let a semi go because I couldn't get going fast I never win off the line when the light turns green anymore. :( Except, of course, if I'm driving my Vette. ;) :p

I'll drive the Tracker, but you have to take Mario. That should even us up a little bit.

How's THAT sound? :D

davidpizzica
09-03-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Hey David, I'll take you on. I've got a 2004 Tracker. A little newer, but I'm positive it has less power. It's only a little 4 banger and has NO power whatsoever. I was trying to merge onto the highway the other day and I had to let a semi go because I couldn't get going fast I never win off the line when the light turns green anymore. :( Except, of course, if I'm driving my Vette. ;) :p

I'll drive the Tracker, but you have to take Mario. That should even us up a little bit.

How's THAT sound? :D What year is your 'vette? Maybe I can borrow my brother's '70!

snappy
09-03-2004, 03:42 PM

Ok you two - David, you just got back in the saddle and need to start slow!

TPM - you aren't playing fair if you bring out the vette.....especially after David has been at the cyber bar for a while...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
09-03-2004, 04:17 PM
No drag racing after being at the bar! We only accept sober drag racers at this party, and we only drag on an authorized race track - none of this street stuff for us, right David? ;)

I've got a '91 ZR-1. If your brothers is one of those big block 427's (I think that's what they are) you might be able to give me a run for my money! :eek: They say those go great in a straight line, just don't try to turn, and it's true, I've ridden in one! :eek: Thank goodness we slowed down before the curve in the road! :eek:

Anway, I prefer the Tracker and the Oldsmobile with Mario along for the ride. More fun when it's not so "serious." ;) :D

Oh, btw, I'll have a nekkid beer to start my weekend off. I'm about ready to head otta here and won't be back until Wednesday, so you all have a great holiday weekend! And those of you in Florida, take care and stay safe! :eek:

gini
09-03-2004, 04:22 PM
Geeze, David, I didn't even get to answer your question and you took right off with T&P.............leaving me in the dust with my Highlander "Scotty".

Mario, good luck honey, these guys are serious. Here's another (root) Beer and hitch up your diaper.

davidpizzica
09-03-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
No drag racing after being at the bar! We only accept sober drag racers at this party, and we only drag on an authorized race track - none of this street stuff for us, right David? ;)

I've got a '91 ZR-1. If your brothers is one of those big block 427's (I think that's what they are) you might be able to give me a run for my money! :eek: They say those go great in a straight line, just don't try to turn, and it's true, I've ridden in one! :eek: Thank goodness we slowed down before the curve in the road! :eek:

Anway, I prefer the Tracker and the Oldsmobile with Mario along for the ride. More fun when it's not so "serious." ;) :D

Oh, btw, I'll have a nekkid beer to start my weekend off. I'm about ready to head otta here and won't be back until Wednesday, so you all have a great holiday weekend! And those of you in Florida, take care and stay safe! :eek:

:D T & PM, I'l go for the Tracker and the olds, and Mario! Thanks for bringing me down to earth! I couldn't work a clutch any how!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-03-2004, 04:41 PM
Geeze, David, I didn't even get to answer your question and you took right off with T&P.............leaving me in the dust with my Highlander "Scotty".

Mario, good luck honey, these guys are serious. Here's another (root) Beer and hitch up your diaper.
Maybe Mario should have a FRESH diaper, just in case! I'm not sure how wild the race will be! Wouldn't want an accident on David's upholstery!:eek: :D

davidpizzica
09-03-2004, 05:01 PM
Maybe Mario should have a FRESH diaper, just in case! I'm not sure how wild the race will be! Wouldn't want an accident on David's upholstery!:eek: :D The interior needs cleaned anyway. nothing can hurt it except Mario!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-03-2004, 06:12 PM
The interior needs cleaned anyway. nothing can hurt it except Mario! A frightened monkey in a leaky diaper could bless it with an aroma that may stick with your car a long long time!!! Specially if the seats are cloth!!!:eek: :D

davidpizzica
09-03-2004, 06:19 PM
A frightened monkey in a leaky diaper could bless it with an aroma that may stick with your car a long long time!!! Specially if the seats are cloth!!!:eek: :D Guess what, Connie. I have a black velour interior!! Mario can be powerful! President Bush could have used him as a secret weapon in Iraq!

momoffuzzyfaces
09-03-2004, 06:27 PM
Guess what, Connie. I have a black velour interior!! Mario can be powerful! President Bush could have used him as a secret weapon in Iraq! :D That may still be an option!!!

Maybe you could take Mario to a drive in movie instead of drag racing?

Do you still have drive ins there? We don't here any more. I loved them too!! Specially the popcorn and hot dogs!!!
There's nothing like watching an old moster movie like THE BLOB or WAR OF THE WORLDS at a drive in with lots of dark sky around. I kept expecting to see a UFO any minute!

Our town has gone down so far, there isn't even a movie theater of any kind any more! :(

Corinna
09-03-2004, 06:44 PM
We still have a drive in here. And wait I'll go get my son in laws 76 firebird that hes restoreing and take you all on. They are making it look like the Bandits car.
Hey did Slick ever show up? I am going to post the cards I sent to David. I think I'll call it giggles from Montana

davidpizzica
09-03-2004, 06:48 PM
Connie, we don't have drive ins anymore, either. Believe it or not, they tore down the last remaining drive in to put up a Wal Mart!!:eek: I can show him a tape of Bullitt as it has one of the greatest chase scenes in all of movies!

davidpizzica
09-03-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
We still have a drive in here. And wait I'll go get my son in laws 76 firebird that hes restoreing and take you all on. They are making it look like the Bandits car.
Hey did Slick ever show up? I am going to post the cards I sent to David. I think I'll call it giggles from Montana How would it do against a '67 Shelby mustang??