PDA

View Full Version : Pit bull attacks man in New Mexico :(

lizzielou742
09-01-2004, 09:54 AM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=816&e=1&u=/ap/20040901/ap_on_fe_st/dog_attack

Dog Bites Off N.M. Man's Genitals

Tue Aug 31, 8:22 PM ET

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. - A man whose genitals were bitten off by a pit bull remained in serious condition Tuesday, and the dog remained on the loose.

The man, who has not been identified, was attacked Monday while walking the dog. When police arrived to help, the man appeared disoriented and fled on foot but police tracked him to a nearby park, said Detective Jeff Arbogast of the Albuquerque Police Department.

The man was naked when found at the park, but it was unclear at what point he had taken off his clothes. Neighbors had seen him playing with the dog earlier in the day.

Arbogast said investigators do not know why the man was naked, and remain uncertain about some circumstances surrounding the attack.

The brown pit bull remained missing Tuesday, and police warned people who see it to stay away and call animal control.

A nearby elementary school was locked down following the incident and parents were called to pick up students who usually walk home.

Shortly after the attack Monday, Gov. Bill Richardson released a statement saying he would proposed legislation next year aimed at holding owners of dangerous dogs accountable for their pets.

RICHARD
09-01-2004, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by lizzielou742

Neighbors had seen him playing with the dog earlier in the day.

Arbogast said investigators do not know why the man was naked, and remain uncertain about some circumstances surrounding the attack.

The brown pit bull remained missing Tuesday, and police warned people who see it to stay away and call animal control.

So that's where Michael Jackson got that move....

micki76
09-01-2004, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by lizzielou742
The man was naked when found at the park, but it was unclear at what point he had taken off his clothes. Neighbors had seen him playing with the dog earlier in the day.

See, this is the part that makes me wonder if they guy didn't just get what he deserved.

QueenScoopalot
09-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Almost sounds like a case of beastiality to me! Maybe the guy deserved to be castrated totally! :eek:

Uabassoon
09-01-2004, 03:59 PM
It's kind of hard to tell what happened so I'm not sure if I would jump to any conlucisions. It seems like when the police first found the man and tried to help him he was fully clothed. It doesn't mention him being naked until after they tracked him down because he ran away. The clothes didn't come off until after he ran away, and they said that when he was first found he was disoriented. While I think he may have done something wrong to upset the dog, I'm not sure that it beatiality since he wasn't naked until after everything happened.

babolaypo65
09-01-2004, 07:57 PM
They think the man is the owner, AND he was on drugs they think.

(hi btw!):)

Uabassoon
09-01-2004, 08:42 PM
Hey it's good to see you around again! I've been wondering what happened to you, and hoping that you'd pop in again :)

babolaypo65
09-01-2004, 08:45 PM
I'm here!!! Been far too busy! Now am trying to figure out how to change my username. Is that possible? A new semester warrants a new username!
FWIW: I've now changed my username: the gryphon.

cheers!