PDA

View Full Version : My dad got braces!

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-01-2004, 09:41 AM
This is kinda a pointless thread, but oh well! :) It's so weird...my dad got braces yesterday and he's 41! :D He did 'cause the orthadontist said if he doesn't, he'll have false teeth before he's 50. I've had braces and my sister has braces. Do any of you have braces? How long did you have them or how long are you going to have them? I just find stuff like that interesting since I only had braces one year! :D

equinelover23
09-01-2004, 09:45 AM
Lol, I have braces right now and my mom just got hers a month ago. (She's 37) I'm getting my top braces off this month! YAY! I only had mine a year and a half. :) My brother had them too. My friend has to have hers for about... hmm.. was it four years? :eek: I guess we're just lucky. ;)

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-01-2004, 09:52 AM
Yea, I think we are lucky!! :D That's great you're getting yours off...I was so happy to get mine off! And it's crazy, I have a friend who had her braces for something like 3-4 years too! *ouch* :)

Rio and Me
09-01-2004, 11:34 AM
I've got braces had them for about a year and a half, probley another year.
Mum is thinking about getting them she's 40+.

Ky

GoldenRetrLuver
09-01-2004, 11:38 AM
Your poor dad. ;)

I have braces now, and am getting them off next June. I'll have had them for around two years. My sister also just got braces a few months ago.

slleipnir
09-01-2004, 12:51 PM
I had braces..hm, I think I had them for a few years, I don't remember. lol.

DJFyrewolf36
09-01-2004, 01:16 PM
I had a friend who STILL has braces and she got them in 8th grade (she graduated high school in 2000) She is getting mighty sick of em by now lol

Buddy Blaze Lover
09-01-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by DJFyrewolf36
I had a friend who STILL has braces and she got them in 8th grade (she graduated high school in 2000) She is getting mighty sick of em by now lol

Woa, that's a LONG time to have braces! :eek: I would die if I had to have them that long! Yikes! Dad's probably going to have them 18 months-2 years, but still, his teeth are really crooked AND he has a big overbite! :)

DJFyrewolf36
09-01-2004, 03:24 PM
My friends brother had them for about 6 years! The whole family has some really wierd teeth issues though. She says though that maybe in about a month or two the braces are FINALY coming off! I always felt bad for her because those things seemed awfully painful! (Then again, im a big tooth wuss)

Sweet Sixy
09-01-2004, 03:39 PM
I had braces for about 3 1/2 years. I hated them SO much, I still have a wire that is cemented to the back of my bottom teeth, unfortunatly that will never come off :rolleyes: At least I don't look like a shark when I smile anymore!