PDA

View Full Version : go see garden state!

guster girl
08-31-2004, 07:19 PM
Really, this film is fantastic. The characters are real, the music is beautiful, the dialogue is so true! Natalie Portman is absolutely one of the most beautiful creatures ever to take a breath. Zach Braff is incredible, and, so full of emotion. Oh, my, go see this film! It really will change your life! ;)

guster girl
09-01-2004, 11:12 AM
Alright, I'm bumping this cuz y'all should really see this movie! It's so beautiful! GO GO GO! ;) *bump*

heinz57_79
09-01-2004, 02:21 PM
saw it opening night here... loved it! Would definitely recommend it. A great movie!

Uabassoon
09-01-2004, 02:58 PM
I made JC see it with me, it was a really great movie. I would like to see it again soon.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-01-2004, 03:12 PM
What's it about?

Mil0Luv3r
09-01-2004, 03:33 PM
I've seen the previews on TV I love the song they use! It kinda sounded a little like The ButterFly Affect...

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-01-2004, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Mil0Luv3r
I've seen the previews on TV I love the song they use! It kinda sounded a little like The ButterFly Affect...

I LOVED that movie! LOL... What's Garden State about?

Uabassoon
09-01-2004, 05:05 PM
It kinda sounded a little like The ButterFly Affect...

It's nothing at all like the butterfly effect.

The plot summary makes the movie sound kind of lame, but the movie is great. It's just hard to summarize. Here's a plot summary I got from online.

"Andrew Largeman shuffled through life in a lithium-induced coma until his mother's death inspired a vacation from the pills to see what might happen. A moderately successful TV actor living in Los Angeles, "Large" hasn't been home to the Garden State in nine years. But even with 3,000 miles between them, he's been unable to escape his domineering father Gideon and the silencing effect he's had on his son from afar. Stunned to find himself in his hometown after such a long absence, Large finds old acquaintances around every corner living quite unique lives as gravediggers, fast food knights and the panderers of pyramid schemes. Meanwhile, at home, he does his best to avoid a long-simmering but inevitable confrontation with his father. By a twist of fate, Large meets Sam, a girl who is everything he isn't. A blast of color, hope and quirks, Sam becomes a sidekick who refuses to ride in his sidecar. Her warmth and fearlessness give Large the courage to open his heart to the joy and pain of the infinite abyss that is life."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0333766/

guster girl
09-01-2004, 07:02 PM
It's a very difficult film to describe without telling the whole movie. I think it's just a film about a guy who's never lived and who's finally learning how to. It's fantastic, and, so touching! I'm going to see it several times and at least once by myself. It's just that kind of movie. I loved it!

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-02-2004, 02:06 PM
Awesome! I wanna see it now... :p Maybe I can get my friend to go with me... :)

guster girl
09-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Go by yourself if you have to. I'm not even kidding. I plan on going alone to see it. I've only seen a couple of films by myself at the theater, but, it is such a neat experience. (:

guster girl
09-03-2004, 04:19 PM
yeah, and check out this site. i don't know what everyone considers funny, but, this guy is it for me. if you wanna know what makes me laugh, read his posts.

http://www2.foxsearchlight.com/gardenstate/blog/

the gryphon
09-03-2004, 05:00 PM
I loved it!

guster girl
09-05-2004, 10:11 AM
I'm going again to see this movie. I want to take my niece with me, I know she'll love it!