PDA

View Full Version : Midnight/Samatha # 2 visit from former Mom

Laura's Babies
08-31-2004, 06:26 PM
I have changed her name to Samantha and she knows her name well already. I wanted to give Midnight a new name to mark her new life here with me....never did like that old name anyway.

Anyway, old Mom came to visit. I picked Sam up when I knew she was at the door and motioned for her to come in. She petted and spoke to her and I handed her to her old Mom and she was horrified and scared to death. she petted her briefly and handed her back and we sat down and I just reassured Sam that she was Ok and she relaxed. I told her old Mom to ignore her, not to even look or speak to her but to shower my other cats with attention and ignore Sam.... Weeeelllllllllll, I reckon ya know what happened.... Samantha could NOT stand that and she got down and went right to her old Mama and rubbed on her legs, begging for attention from her.. She even let her pick her up and pet her again!!! I think she has about got the idea that THIS is her home and she will not EVER have to go back there. One or two more visits and I think she will be ok with her old Mom coming over and not be terrified anymore...

I printed some pictures of her out for her old Mom the other day and she said her husband had a fit over how pretty she is now and how fat she is getting. She said he cut the pictures out and put them in their ablum... She also said she WANTS to go with me to the shelter one day and see how the animals have to live there... ............... P-R-O-G-R-E-S-S!
What do all of you think... Am I expecting to much to soon?

Lucky's Maw Maw
08-31-2004, 06:43 PM
Don't get your hopes up too fast Laura....you know how old Mom is.....

As far as Samantha goes......WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! You go Samantha... you know NOW who loves you and is going to protect you. At last, now you can relax and rest, Sweetheart! You have a new forever home where you will be spoiled rotten and taken REALLY good care of and NEVER slapped or hurt EVER again....

Happy Relief Day, Samantha!!!!

QueenScoopalot
08-31-2004, 07:59 PM
I think Samantha knows she's safe forever with you! ;) And a trip to the shelter may wake this woman up to the reality out there. Hoping so anyway! Give Samantha a kiss for me!

rg_girlca
08-31-2004, 09:49 PM
I love the new name Samantha and i'm glad that she realizes that she has such a loving, caring forever home now.

Headbumpies and kisses to you sweetie.:)

catmandu
09-01-2004, 08:43 AM
Dont worry Samantha,she was only visiting,and yiou still get,to stay,in your wondeful furr E ver Home!

Jods
09-01-2004, 09:49 AM
I missed something lol was sam not taken care of well in her old home?