PDA

View Full Version : Doctors grow new jaw in man's back..(weird science)

QueenScoopalot
08-31-2004, 05:08 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/science/08/27/jaw.transplant.ap/index.html

Click on the link to see the pictures! Bizzare what scientists can do these days. I wonder if it came with a full set of teeth? :confused: :D

RICHARD
08-31-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
I wonder if it came with a full set of teeth? :confused: :D

NO, no teeth, that would lead to alot of back biting.;)

They'll put implants in....

QueenScoopalot
08-31-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
NO, no teeth, that would lead to alot of back biting.;)

They'll put implants in....

I knew this would elicit a good response from you Richard! :D

lizzielou742
08-31-2004, 06:19 PM
That's so weird!! :eek:

leslie
08-31-2004, 09:11 PM
stem cell reseach is a good thing. I wish people would stop referring to it as embryo stems. When they use so called "embryos", they are simply miniscule "embyionic" cells from unfertilized eggs. They are not going to be babies. And there are no pregnant woman out to make a fortune by having an abortion. In fact, if a woman is pregnant, she is of no use.
If I have started a new issue here aside from jaw-breaking news... GOOD!

kingrattus
08-31-2004, 09:21 PM
They grew a human ear on a mouses back several years ago, it was sooo cool.. & it wa a hairless mouse hehehe who whants hairy ears hehehe

dukedogsmom
08-31-2004, 10:37 PM
That is very weird and cool at the same time. And, amen Leslie!!

leslie
08-31-2004, 10:46 PM
oh whew! I only kinda know what i am talking about- this could be a new thread but it could be to touchy. i do know that Çhristopher Reeves keeps correcting everyone on the terminology. I do know that Nancy Reagan herself- an anti abortion proponent (how many double negatives is that?) Is for "embryonic cell stem research".
Is this still a hot issue? Or does every one understand that it is not a baby we are killing to save Christopher Reeves or Michael J Fox? Do you know?

CountryWolf07
09-01-2004, 12:27 AM
I hear Michael J. Fox is doing a lot better with some kind of a new drug he is using.. he can do a lot of things now.. he can play his guitar, he can play basketball, he can write better..