PDA

View Full Version : urgent notice for Canadian cat owners

tikeyas_mom
08-30-2004, 11:47 PM
click here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=57508)

it is very important please click the link for whole story!!!!

it is just horrid.

tikeyas_mom
08-30-2004, 11:58 PM
bump

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-31-2004, 12:21 AM
That's disgusting. I hope the police catch they guy. (Or maybe I should hope a group of ANIMAL LOVERS catch the guy first - and hand over what's left of him!)

manda_moo87
08-31-2004, 12:43 AM
:eek: :( How HORRIBLE!!!

davidpizzica
08-31-2004, 06:20 AM
I would like to see a group of cat lovers catch up with the low life before the police do! This guy turns my stomach!

NKBurlington
08-31-2004, 06:50 AM
That's highly disturbing! I hope they catch the bastard and give him what he deserves!

catmandu
08-31-2004, 08:44 AM
That is scray,as my Cats,are all indoors,butthere are a lot,of Strays,who come to the Hotel,to sleep,on the chairs,and eat! I hope that this fiend,is caught,and soon!

tikeyas_mom
08-31-2004, 12:02 PM
just warn your naibours!!

:(

Laura's Babies
08-31-2004, 05:28 PM
Thought I responded to this already... Must have hit "privew" instead of "submit"...

I agree with everyone else, animal lovers need to catch these guys FIRST! These babies live a hard enough life without sick-o's like this making "fun" (?) out of harming them.

Felicia's Mom
08-31-2004, 08:49 PM
That is horrible, I hope they find the culprit quick!

rg_girlca
08-31-2004, 09:21 PM
I was sickened by this when I read it in yesterday's Gazette.

I hope and pray that they catch this so and so before any more cats have to go through this torture.

ScantyNebula
09-02-2004, 04:16 AM
:( This saddens me to no extent ... I don't know what to say .... I just don't understand why people can turn out this way ... its frightening.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-02-2004, 02:03 PM
Horrible. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

bluekat
09-02-2004, 02:33 PM
Omg that is just HORRIBLE!:mad: :( :mad: I really hope they catch whoever it is soon before he kills more of them..:(

todd
09-02-2004, 08:37 PM
that is sad

krazyaboutkatz
09-06-2004, 05:21 PM
This is just horrible.:( I also hope they catch this sicko before he kills again.:mad:

tikeyas_mom
09-07-2004, 01:23 AM
I believe that the count for cat killings is now up to seven :(

will it never stop.. :(

wolfsoul
09-09-2004, 01:48 PM
Just an update --

So far six cats have been found. Moving from South Rutland up to North Rutland (I live in North Rutland). A seperate cat was found near Shannon Lake in Westbank (Jynnelle lives on the Westside), but it was determined to have been killed by coyotes.

A 15 year old boy was arrested after many people called in about him, but no charges were laid because of the boy's age. He was determined to be either mentally ill or on drugs. He was put back in his home.

Since the boy was arrested though, other cats have been mutilated, so they assume that he was never resposible. The reward money has gone up to $5000.

another link (http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2004/08/28/cats040828.html)

emily_the_spoiled
09-09-2004, 01:56 PM
Unfortunately this is not the only place it is happening in Canada right now...

http://www.canada.com/national/story.html?id=8318a70d-41ca-4ef4-a591-d9f4a8f501e4

Anyone from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan please becareful when taking your dogs outside.

wolfsoul
09-20-2004, 01:13 PM
There haven't been any more cat killings (that we know of atleast -- the police said they might stop notifying the public if they find any more cats). Hopefully this has all been put to an end, but no one has yet been charged. :(

mina'smomma
09-20-2004, 01:17 PM
WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay now I'm normally a very calm person, but to think of this imbecille out there murdering innocent felines has just really got my vein a popping. My heart goes out to all those families who lost their beloved pets.

I can't imagine how I would deal with my Mina being murdered, and I haven't been able to bring her home yet!

I hope they catch the no good, lousy, inbreeded SOB and let the families of these poor victims at him, then the Animal Lovers, and if anything's left execute it.

personally I'd tie him to a tree pour honey all over him and leave him for the bears. (its no less than what he deserves.)

sasha the cat
10-08-2004, 11:56 PM
For all of us who love cats (and all animals) I am asking cat people to reconsider allowing their beloved, treasured cats to be "outdoor" cats.

A cat faces great dangers being an "outdoor" cat and I personally believe one who has a pet must be responsible for the safety of the pet.

WARNING: This is a horrific story about three so-called human males who tortured Kensington to death in the Kensington Market area of Toronto, Canada. I submit it in the hope that cat lovers will protect their felines by keeping them indoors where they are safe.

Click onto: http://freeanimals.org/~kensington/unspeakable.html

to read about Kensington The Cat.

My fervent wish is the sickos who did this will meet a similar fate...the sooner, the better! May misery and pain be their lot in life.

mina'smomma
10-11-2004, 07:30 AM
OMG I hope they get the maximum sentence for what they have done. Even that isn't good enough. I don't know how people could be so cruel to animals.

To put your mind at ease somewhat you can be sure my Mina is indoor cat and will stay that way. My heart goes out to those who loved that poor alley cat. May his poor tortured soul rest in peace now in Heaven.:mad: :( :confused:

leslie
10-11-2004, 09:14 PM
Who exactly wrote the last line, "a cat is a cat is a cat, no?" Is that meant to be sarcastic? Like who cares about cats? EEEEEEEEEK! Does anyone know? That just messed me up! Made me want to shoot the writer as well as the subjects of the story! (who yes, we have heard about for some time, I still would not trust any of the 3 of them - one is not apprehended yet- in mainstream society)....

IttyBittyKitty
10-12-2004, 07:36 AM
Disgusting :( keep those Canadian kitties inside!

QueenChyna
10-16-2004, 01:17 AM
OMG!!!!!!! that scares me so much!

Unfortunately this is not the only place it is happening in Canada right now... I live in the sask, area!!!!! that scares me so much, i would cry so long and hard if anything ever happened to my baby Chyna!!! I was upset cause last week, Chyna got outside and she was gone for 4 days!!!! I was so relieved when she came home!!please send me that link in my quote, if you can because I went there and it said that the report was no longer available! I would really like to read it!

I hope someone catches that person! it make me so mad,the people in this world.

emily_the_spoiled
10-16-2004, 08:58 AM
It was published in the Sasktoon Star Phoenix approximately a month ago. Unfortunately many newspapers remove the stories after a couple of weeks. But basically the story was about how someone was leaving poisoned meat in the parks and the dogs were eating it and then dying. The meant was poisoned with rat poison and they were warning people with pets and small children to be aware of this and not eat anything.

Sorry the link isn't available anymore.

Meow meow strawberries
10-16-2004, 12:22 PM
:eek: :eek: :( That is so H:eek: RRIBLE!!! I hope they catch that cat murderrer soon!!!!

QueenChyna
10-16-2004, 10:39 PM
and i hope they catch that sicko who is poisoning animals in saskatoon!!
IT JUST SICKENS ME!!

By the way, thatnx for telling me about the report!

hamsterman
11-27-2004, 12:23 PM
i dont live in canada but that is just sick,cruel,terrible
i really hope they catch the man who does and gives him a sentence of atleast LIFE IN PRISON

catmandu
12-10-2004, 09:29 AM
And ther sad fact,is that these crimes,are not considred,that serious,and are seldom,prosecuted.

QueenChyna
12-29-2004, 08:01 PM
That is stupid, a cat or a dog or any animal, whatever- it is just like someones baby! so if someone killed a baby or did what those sickos did, wouldn't that person go to jail for a while, or forever!?!?! Its Just siCk! I really don't see how some people could not see that!!! ARG:mad: to some people, they can't live without their animals!!!!!! and soime people really just can't let go of a child! so i think some reporters or whoever should think about that!:mad: not trying to bring offence to anyone, but some ways i put things, i could have offended. i get a little carried away sometimes:rolleyes:

Lime_Kitty05
01-08-2005, 08:43 PM
that is so Evil!:mad:

Kristl
01-15-2005, 03:12 PM
that is terrible! poor kitties. i don't live in canada, nor do my cats go outside without me, but it still scares me. i hope they find the (explicit) who is doing this!!!

tikeyas_mom
01-15-2005, 08:33 PM
they found out that it was a coyote killing the cats..... a lad caought it on tape, a coyote carrying off her naibours cat... and then when she tryed to scare it, it dropped the cat and the wounds were pretty much exactly the same as the past cats that were killed....

so i guess it was all just an act of nature.... i dunno :( it is still really saddening...

wolfsoul
01-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
they found out that it was a coyote killing the cats..... a lad caought it on tape, a coyote carrying off her naibours cat... and then when she tryed to scare it, it dropped the cat and the wounds were pretty much exactly the same as the past cats that were killed....

They said that apparently there was only one of them (one on the Westside) that was killed by a coyote. The professionals who examined the bodies said that they were knife cuts, not coyote attacks.

tikeyas_mom
01-15-2005, 08:51 PM
really??

because i herd some chick got it on tape... well i guess it was all just thrown out of proportion...

Vette
01-23-2005, 06:43 PM
Yeesh.. what is the world coming to. :(

white tiger
03-11-2005, 08:43 PM
thats absolutly horrid!!!!!!! that poor defenceless cat my soul is with him.:(

sandragonfly
04-06-2005, 07:03 PM
I was here a while ago... and couldn't finish reading - too much tears and frustration of sickening, sickening people out there...:mad: :mad: :mad: UNBELIEVABLE... :( :( :(

buttercup132
08-12-2005, 08:54 PM
if it was some1 killing maybe he/she is doing it because they are trying to get cats off the streets because so many get killed very year or go missing because they are let out maybe they are trying to put a stop to it by killing cats and by that people wont wanna letb there cats out in fear of them beign killed...are you guys in u.s or canada just in case so i can tell naighbours ect although i have no clue where you live lol

sandragonfly
08-16-2005, 09:52 PM
yikes..it has been so long! I got an notification but reading first few wors.. "urgent notice for....." I got confused, "erm - I don't remember this thread! oooh..this!"

and meant to ask, are things better in canada for cats? any more :( :mad: :( news?? I hope not! I've'nt seen any so far..

Felix
10-17-2005, 08:41 PM
I could'nt believe my eyes :eek: I hope they catch whatever/whoever is doing this.If its human...they should do the same to the SOB(Forgive me ..this is truley upsetting).Hope animal lovers catch him first.This sickens me. :mad: :(

icedtea
01-17-2006, 12:52 AM
i figured this might be something horible so i didnt read it. i am guessing some guy is being mean to stray kitties. ok well I HATE WHOEVER IS MEAN TO CATS!!!!!!!!! wartch out dude, theres millions of cat lovers int he world, theyll hunt u down man, theyll hunt you down. who's with me???