PDA

View Full Version : A Lump!!!!

Jods
08-30-2004, 09:31 PM
I found a lump on pixie it wasn't there all day then earlier I felt a tiny bump and now it's gotten big.... She is only 14 weeks and I have no clue what it could be here is a picture of it hope you can see it. It is actually really large and it is soft, it doesn't seem to hurt to the touch, any info would help....
Yes and if it's not gone by tommorrow a white coat visit will be definate...
scared mama in canada

QueenScoopalot
08-30-2004, 09:41 PM
Was Pixie recently vaccinated? Sometimes the shot goes a bit deeper and into the tissue under the skin, and can cause a lump like that. If so, it's nothing to worry about. ;) But make sure the vet does her other vaccines on her hind leg, as low as possible...rabies/right side, and if she gets the FeLV vaccine, left. Those aren't needed unless you are at high risk for others coming in with FeLV, and exposing Pixie to the virus. She's an only kitty if I'm not mistaken? If not, maybe rough play caused an abcess? :confused:

AbbyMom
08-30-2004, 09:44 PM
Prayers for Pixie!

catnapper
08-30-2004, 09:48 PM
That is a big lump! :eek: I'm sending prayers for Pixie. We'll keep our fingers and paws crossed too.

krazyaboutkatz
08-30-2004, 11:29 PM
Poor baby.:( I sure hope it's nothing serious. Prayers and positive thoughts are being sent your way. Please keep us updated.

smileyiloveyou
08-30-2004, 11:36 PM
Paws and fingers crossed for you and Pixie.

NoahsMommy
08-30-2004, 11:39 PM
I was wondering about vaccines too, QS.

Let us know how it goes at the white coats. :)

BCBlondie
08-30-2004, 11:53 PM
Yikes! Ilio had a lump very similar to that one. His lump turned out to be an abcess and he had to go through surgery to remove it. He's doing fine now. :) I hope your kitty's lump is nothing to worry about!! Good luck at the white coats!

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-31-2004, 12:22 AM
Good Luck at the whitecoats Pixie. Hope it's nothing serious!

Jods
08-31-2004, 08:06 AM
she wnt to the vet a couple weeks ago but no recently..... I don't know... I hope its nothing... I do have another cat and when we first noticed it they were running and play fighting like maniacs. It doesn't seem to bother her though so we'll see how it is tonight

rosethecopycat
08-31-2004, 08:19 AM
My vet says that all vaccines can and should be done in the back legs now.

I hope that Pixie is alright, and you can not worry.

Wishing you positive results.

catmandu
08-31-2004, 08:32 AM
Precious,has a lump,on her shoulder,and I ,too was a Scared Cnadian owner,but the Vet ,removed it,no trouble,and we are praying that he can do the same,for your Companion Cat!

Jods
08-31-2004, 08:49 AM
but at the age she is I bet the vet wouldn't even want to remove it right now shes only 13 weeks... Yesterday when we first noticed it it was a tiny bump... and i think that was from the needle she had a really hard time with her needles both times ... this time worse.... she slept for 2 days and when she did wake up she was shaking and really wobbly and falling over, I was thinking maby the little bump got irritated while her and fifa were playing and it grew... I'm sooo scared I don't want her to hafta go through surgery. she's only a baby I'm gonna wait till my mom gets home and see what she says cuz she noticed the bump first I'll ask if she thinks its gotten bigger/ smaller. Im also going to phone the vet right now and see what they say.

Jods
08-31-2004, 08:55 AM
called the vet were going at 6:15 tonight... They said if it was a reaction to the vaccine they wouldn't charge us but if it wasn't they would hafta charge us... So that was nice of them... I'm sooo scared now I hafta go find my mom to bum some money humph my poor baby. Everyone please pray that its nothing Please!!!!

LaRana
08-31-2004, 12:34 PM
My cat has bad allergic reactions to all his vaccinations. I usually have to bring him in either 30 minutes earlier or stay 30 minutes later for the cortizone or benadryl shots to take affect. Sometimes they let me drop him off in the morning and pick him up in the evening after they're done with him.

His little face swells up, he gets lethargic, vomits, gets diarrhea... It's NOT pretty. As he got older the symptoms got better, but it's still not very nice to give him a vaccination without some antihistamine in it.

But one time when he had a vaccination in his hind leg, he got a big bump where it was that looked just like your picture. But it showed up at least a few days after the vaccination. I took him into the vet, and they did a sampling of the lump. They couldn't pull any cells out of the lump, which she said was good. It was just an irritation reaction to the vaccination, and within 1-2 weeks it was gone. If it is believed to be a vaccination reaction and it's not gone within 2 weeks, or not getting smaller after 1 week, you'll need to take him into the vet's office.