PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Parentisms

ComedyDevil
08-30-2004, 08:27 PM
Just being nosy really :p

What is the most annoying thing your parents do/did that really make you want to scream?!

ComedyDevil
08-30-2004, 08:29 PM
If I've lost something, my Mom always says "well where did you last have it?" Ugh! If I knew that I'd go get it and it wouldn't be lost! :rolleyes:

She also informs me "It'll always be in the last place you look" Well of course it will, once I have found it I will stop looking for it! :p :p

sirrahved
08-30-2004, 08:35 PM
1. My mom says that clothes/books/crumbs are "all over".... total exaggeration.
2. Mom would ask me to clean all the time while sitting on the couch (drove me insane!)
3. Mom complains when my pj's don't match.

Tina
08-30-2004, 09:04 PM
One thing that always bugged me "If I move something in my room, she'd move it back to where it was":rolleyes:

It wasn't just my room any room. If something was not just right, she would stand there for 30 minutes putting it back how she had it!

Thank goodness I live on my own now! I can have my house how I want it.:p

anna_66
08-30-2004, 10:08 PM
Keep their dog outside:(

NoahsMommy
08-30-2004, 11:28 PM
When she says stuff that makes me feel like an idiot....well, more like less of an adult.

"Just make sure you're keeping up with school."
-DUH!! I'm a freaking over achiever, when have I ever slacked??? :rolleyes:

"Make sure your going to your iron treatments."
-Hmmmm, do I want to feel sick and weak all the time?

But I love her to death and know she cares. Still...its annoying. ;)

kingrattus
08-30-2004, 11:49 PM
p-p-p-parents? what r those???

Pam
08-31-2004, 08:20 AM
Stop snapping your gum. LOL!

DJFyrewolf36
08-31-2004, 09:58 AM
When I lived at home I always got stuff like
~You're room is so messy! (Uh, it isn't mess, its just desk clutter. Im a ADHD case mom, I focus on many things at once! a neat desk bugs the crud out of me!)
~Take a shower! (got outta the shower 10 minutes ago!)

And other naggy parent stuff! I don't mind it though, I know its just cause they care :D

ComedyDevil
08-31-2004, 10:03 AM
I thought of some more :D

Tatoo's - I plan to get one when I'm 18. I'm waiting til I'm legally old enough, I'm not planning to have anything offensive tatooed upon my person, yet according to my mother I MUST be doing it purely to wind her up. (Because i obviously AM that sad and petty that id mark myself permanently just to get at someone????)

Oh, and being 'slow'. We went to the supermarket the other day, me pushing the shopping cart and her paying, meaning she can zoom round, grabbing food off the shelves that no-one in the family likes or will eat, and then shout at me for being slow. The supermarket was full of people, I can't actually mow them down just to keep up with her. :rolleyes:

And my Dad - he always sings the wrong words to songs, but sings really loudly and confidently as if he is right. Mostly in public places.

One more thing - When I was a horse-mad infant my parents always made sure to point out the horses in fields as we drove past on car journeys.....

"Look, Amy.. horsies!!"

Eventually I had to tell them it wasn't necessary to do this as I was at an age where I could spot them for myself.... I was about 16 at the time :rolleyes:

I love my family! :rolleyes: :p :D

K9soul
08-31-2004, 10:24 AM
I suppose the biggest annoyance to me when I was growing up was how she always said "This house is filthy!" even though it looked perfectly clean or maybe just a little cluttered. Even when it was cluttered, I wished she would say "this house is messy" rather than "filthy" because filthy was such a strong word and it was not filthy at all! I had to vacuum, clean and do chores constantly so I know it wasn't! (not that doing chores was bad for me)

She seemed unable to just relax, every Saturday morning it was get up and clean till we dropped. Hardly ever could we just take a day off and enjoy the day. Even if I tried hard to get the house cleaned up before Saturday came around, she would FIND something to work on, like scrubbing the corners in the windowsills or reorganizing closets, drove me insane :p. When I complained about it, always heard "This house is filthy!"

She's actually really relaxed more about that since she got remarried :)

DJFyrewolf36
08-31-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by ComedyDevil
I thought of some more :D

Tatoo's - I plan to get one when I'm 18. I'm waiting til I'm legally old enough, I'm not planning to have anything offensive tatooed upon my person, yet according to my mother I MUST be doing it purely to wind her up. (Because i obviously AM that sad and petty that id mark myself permanently just to get at someone????)

LOL my dad had a hernia when I got my first one! He was even more :mad: :mad: :mad: when mom said she thought I got a very tasteful and very pretty one :D

He pretty much ignored it when I got the others lol.

lizzielou742
08-31-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by ComedyDevil

One more thing - When I was a horse-mad infant my parents always made sure to point out the horses in fields as we drove past on car journeys.....

"Look, Amy.. horsies!!"

My dad always did that - but only when we drove by a field of cows. He just wanted to fake me out. :rolleyes: :D

RICHARD
08-31-2004, 12:28 PM
my mom's "Nostradamus" lounge act.