PDA

View Full Version : Update (Cat that won't come out from under the chair & New Question

cat___Lover
12-01-2001, 08:33 AM
Well here is an update on the cat that wouldn't come out from under the chair...

She is finally socializing, but only with me. She still won't come out when there are people over (not even my daughter) but when I'm here alone she is all over me. She just jumped up in my lap one morning while I was having coffee (she seems to like the smell of my coffee, sticks her head in the empty cup) Now she's all over me all the time. She also likes to bite my knitting needles and jump on the wool when I am knitting. I also bought her some toys. One of the toys is a base with a long spring and pompom on the end. I put it out for her one morning and when I got up the next day, she had dragged it under the chair with her but she loves it and plays with it all the time.

The question I have is this. She seems to have a runny nose (clear) and sneezes Not all the time though. My apartment has steam heat and carpeting. Could this have something to do with it.

I just want to say thank you to all that said "Just give her time." She has come around 100% from when I got her, and I hope with time she will come out when I have company too.

Bye for now
Cat Owner & Shady :)

4 feline house
12-01-2001, 11:51 AM
Good work on her social improvements! Some cats are true to only one master there entire lives, so you may never see her move past the stage she is in now. But you never know!

Her szeezing and runny nose sound like either an allergy or a chronic upper respiratory infection. I don't remember all the details of your first post, so I'll have to ask if she's been vaccinated and if so was it in her kittenhood. If so, it's probably an allergy. The typical chronic URIs can be warded off by immunizations. A vet visit can bring answers and solutions.

yorkster
12-01-2001, 02:49 PM
That is good to hear she is coming out to socialize more!
I would definately take her into the vet to b e checked out though.