PDA

View Full Version : I had a very close call...

Cookiebaker
08-30-2004, 08:06 PM
I took Emerson with me to work to do a quick project, and he's usually very well behaved. He was hoovering around and a couple of times brought back a chewed up piece of tape, and a plastic thing in his mouth. The last time, he brought back a Motrin IB!!! I have no idea where he got it from, and I am so thankful that I found it in his mouth before it went down.

Things like this make me feel so paranoid, like I have to watch him every single second when we go somewhere. I shudder to think of what might have happened if I never knew he got it, and just suddenly got ill. :(

I scolded him after that last time for eating things off the floor, and his feelings got really hurt, but he was super-dooper behaved after that. :)

dukedogsmom
08-30-2004, 08:11 PM
Poor Emerson. I would be afraid to let him out of my sight. I wish I could have Duke at work with me. Hey, you haven't sent me your pics yet. However, I like that sig.

ComedyDevil
08-30-2004, 08:18 PM
Poor Emerson! Lucky you found it.

Squid comes almost everywhere with me. He likes to explore everything, but he knows not to touch unless I tell him it's ok.

Glad Emersons ok, good boy for not eating it :)

Logan
08-31-2004, 07:35 AM
Whew! At least you got it from him, Anna, before he swallowed it! My dogs would have swallowed it right away, I'm afraid!!! :D

Pam
08-31-2004, 07:50 AM
Poor Emmers! First the bees get him and then he almost swallows a Motrin. Emmers you are lucky you have a momma and poppa who watch over you so carefully. Anna if I took mine to work they would be in the trashcans pulling out papers and tissues! :rolleyes: By the way, your new signature looks terrific! I can almost hear Malone laughing! LOL!

Smilla
08-31-2004, 10:36 AM
I know how you feel! Even when I'm watching Lefty, he's quicker than I am. Usually he just eats cat poop but occasionally he'll eat plastic if there's any speck of food on it. :rolleyes:

lovemyshiba
08-31-2004, 12:33 PM
Cute signature Anna!!!!

I'm glad you caught him with the Motrin before he could swallow it--nawtee puppers!!! I know what you mean about them grabbing things though, gotta be on your toes!!!! The Kongs stay on top of the dresser at my house, and Riley has learned to jump up and grab them--however, he pulls down whatever else is on top too, and last night I heard a weird noise, went to investigate, and there was Abbey chewing on a lighter that was there to light jar candles:eek: :eek: :eek:

anna_66
08-31-2004, 04:40 PM
Oh my:eek: I'm so glad you caught him before he could swallow the pill! Gotta keep your eyes on them at all times don't you;)

Anna I too have to comment on your lovely siggy, it's great!