PDA

View Full Version : Ok, yuck

PJ's Mom
08-30-2004, 05:54 PM
ATLANTA (Reuters) - A Georgia man who drove home with a friend's headless body after a truck accident then went to bed while the remains dangled out the window faces charges including vehicular homicide and drunk driving, police said on Monday.

John Hutcherson, covered in blood and visibly inebriated, was arrested in bed on Sunday morning after a local resident out on a stroll observed a headless, bloody body hanging out of the 21-year-old man's truck, Cobb County police said.

Hutcherson was due to make an initial court appearance on Monday.

Police said that Hutcherson and his friend, identified as Francis Brohm, 23, were returning from a bar outside Atlanta early Sunday morning when their black 1992 Chevrolet Z-71 pickup hit a curb near a telephone pole.

Brohm, partially outside the window at the time, was decapitated by a guide wire on the telephone pole, according to police, who recovered his head at the crash site. "Alcohol is believed to be a contributing factor," police said.

Ok, so my favorite line here is "Alcohol is believed to be a contributing factor"...

ya think?

What will it take to keep drunk people off the roads?

:mad: :(

RICHARD
08-30-2004, 06:22 PM
My questions...

What was his buddy doing hanging out of the window?

Are you THAT drunk you don't realize your buddy just lost his head??

What about the guy riding around without a seatbelt on??

Why not sue the Department of Public Works, had they NOT put a guide wire on the pole the 'victim' would not have been decapitated.

Then he can sue Chevy, the gas station that sold the gas that made the truck go VROOM, the tire manufacturer and so on and so on...:confused:

Cookiebaker
08-30-2004, 07:02 PM
I saw this on CNN.com tonight, and was completely shocked. What IS this world coming to??

Just another reason why I will NEVER ever get drunk. I hope that guys has many many years to sit and think about what he did, and to contemplate whether it was worth it or not.

:mad:

Corinna
08-30-2004, 07:08 PM
Good greif !!!!!

lizzielou742
08-31-2004, 06:42 PM
I heard about that. The guy who lost his life was originally from Louisville. The driver had gotten previous a DUI, back in 2001. Seriously, HOW DRUNK do you have to be to not notice something like that happening?

http://www.courier-journal.com/localnews/2004/08/31ky/B3-decap0831-3551.html

MARIETTA, Ga. — A drunken driver hit a utility pole support wire that decapitated his passenger, then drove 12 miles back to his suburban Atlanta home and slept in his bloody clothes, leaving the headless body in his truck, police said.

The dead man was identified as Francis Daniel Brohm, 23, whose family lives in Louisville.

A neighbor walking with his baby daughter Sunday morning found the headless corpse in the truck in John Kemper Hutcherson's driveway and called authorities, said Cpl. Dana Pierce, Cobb County police spokesman.

"It's hard for one to imagine that you would drive (several) miles from a crash site to your home, turning in various directions, and yet not know what has happened to a passenger sitting next to you in your vehicle," Pierce said.

Hutcherson, 21, has been charged with first-degree vehicular homicide, driving under the influence, failure to stop at an accident with death or injury, and failure to maintain lanes.

He is in the Cobb County jail, and a judge raised his bond from $10,000 to $100,000 yesterday morning.

Police said Hutcherson and Brohm — best friends since they attended Pope High School together — were drinking at a bar Saturday night and left after Brohm said he felt sick.

Brohm had been hanging his head out the passenger-side window when Hutcherson swerved off the road about a mile and a half from the bar, police said. Police aren't certain how fast the truck was going when the guy wire severed Brohm's head.

Authorities later found the head in the bushes near the pole.

The only noticeable damage on Hutcherson's 1992 Chevrolet Z-71 truck was to a side mirror, authorities said.

Officers said Hutcherson appeared remorseful after they found him sleeping inside his home Sunday morning, still covered in blood and apparently intoxicated. Police don't think foul play is involved.

This is Hutcherson's fourth stay in the Cobb County jail, a sheriff's official said.

He was jailed in January on charges of possession of less than an ounce of marijuana.

In 2001, Hutcherson was held on a number of traffic charges, including driving under the influence. He pleaded guilty then to underage possession, but the other charges were thrown out.

Brohm's funeral will be Friday in Louisville.

:(

PJ's Mom
09-01-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by lizzielou742
Seriously, HOW DRUNK do you have to be to not notice something like that happening?

Good question. I can't imagine being that drunk.

I hope, since this guy has been arrested for this kind of thing before, that he will go to jail for a really long time.

:(

QueenScoopalot
09-01-2004, 03:59 PM
Sounds similar to a case a few years ago where a young woman hit a homeless guy, and drove miles to her house with the guy completely through her windshield, and dying from blood loss. She had a brother who worked at the fire station she apparently drove by to get home. I'm not sure what her sentence from that was, but the guy stayed lodged through her windshield all night long (hidden in a garage). She enlisted friends the next morning to help her dispose of the body. Geesh..what a world. :rolleyes: :( :eek:

PJ's Mom
09-01-2004, 05:38 PM
I remember that, but I don't remember if she was drunk or not. I thought she just hit him, freaked out and drove home. Either way, it was a sad situation.

RICHARD
09-01-2004, 06:21 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/06/26/windshield.death/:eek:

lizzielou742
09-01-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/06/26/windshield.death/:eek:

I think I fixed it ;)

leslie
09-01-2004, 11:57 PM
to let those know who don't know what a "black out" is. it's like waking up in the morning and people telling you things that happened and you have zero recollection. You think they are pulling your leg. NO way! I wouldn't do that! (However, I am not so sure this guy was in a black out) It's the result of hard alcohol and/or mixing alcohol with drugs. I wonder if they had xanax or anything like that because those will really cause blackouts when mixed with alcohol. It doesn't mean he wasn't able to negotiate the rules of the road. It means he may have not been able to manage the rules of the road mixed with the stress of an injury, dared not take his eyes off the road and hoped for minor injury with all the blood. OR saw what happened and used what faculties he had left to get home. God forbid be "caught" with this situation at what ever time it was and completly messed up. (he thought in a panic of drunkeness) He probably hoped that the whole thing would just go away like a bad dream. He was still intoxicated in the morning. He may have known exactly what happened and whether he does or not, he will be held accountable. I can't imagine going to bed every night knowing I killed my friend because I chose to drive when I shouldn't have.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-02-2004, 01:08 AM
Wow... yuck?

Jods
09-02-2004, 09:39 AM
That's terrible, I can't even imagine it to be real. I'm glad to say I don't drink