PDA

View Full Version : Breeders Getting Rid of Show Cats

dukedogsmom
08-30-2004, 05:18 PM
I learned of a new breed of cat today. They're called Snowshoes. They look like Siamese cats and they've got 4 white socks. They are really pretty. I stumbled to this site and found this: click (http://www.breedlist.com/retired/breed.html)
So, when they get through using the cat for shows, they basically just throw them away. That is so wrong. I wonder if a lot of show people do this? I was really shocked to learn about this. One quote was how this cat loved to be brushed and such. How can they have these cats for years and then just throw them away? Boggles my mind :mad:

CathyBogart
08-30-2004, 05:26 PM
Poor kitties....one of my friends shows Japanese Bobtails, and she couldn't imagine parting with any of her 8 kitties, 5 of which are now retired, 2 of which are so old you wouldn't know they were champions, but who cares?! They're her family.

Karen
08-30-2004, 08:56 PM
There are, sadly, idiots in any profession. Stupid, heartless people. Grrrrrrrrrr

QueenScoopalot
08-30-2004, 09:12 PM
You would not believe how many snowshoe Siamese mixed kittens I've trapped over the years. They are stunning creatures, and I can't understand what's not to love about them? I had a pair of sisters, and one tuxedo brother I trapped last Fall. The brother was such a sweetie he was adopted quick, but Suki & Suzette were fiesty lil' things. They have been in a foster home for some time now, and will likely be permenant residents there. :rolleyes:

moosmom
08-30-2004, 10:45 PM
I know for a fact that breeders will sell their "retired" show cats. They will "adopt" them out for a lesser fee than a show quality cat. It's sad, and sometimes the cats do end up in shelters. Another reason why I LOATHE breeders!!!

DJFyrewolf36
08-31-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Karen
There are, sadly, idiots in any profession. Stupid, heartless people. Grrrrrrrrrr

I agree! Sigh, to me any animal I have is part of my family. I dont understand how people could think different.