PDA

View Full Version : My baby Frisco...

wolfsoul
08-30-2004, 01:18 PM
Frisco's legs were starting to go. He could move them a little, but for the most part he dragged them. He chewed a hole into each back foot. I thought that he was just getting old, so every night, I would massage his little body, and every day I'd scratch his little face because he couldn't reach it with his back legs, nor could he move his feet fast enough to itch. I was massaging him on Friday, when he moved across my legs, peeing blood and mucus. I looked at him, and his entire scrotum was blue. The whole thing. I freaked out and called the vet and moved his appoinment up to half an hour later. I cried the whole time I was there, because I just knew that he wouldn't make it.

When the vet came in, he looked at Frisco and told me that Frisco had alot of neurological damage in his back end. He did a reflex test with some tweezers, pinching Frisco's tail and back toes. Frisco only twitched when he pressed hard enough, which meant that he was really numb. It's probably why he could chew such big holes in himself without feeling it. The vet told me that Frisco might have fallen and hurt his back, but because of the blood and mucus in his urine, he figured that Frisco had a tumor somewhere in his urinary tract that was causing damage to his whole back end. He said that Frisco could feel some pain....So I asked the vet to put him to sleep. :(

I am so heartbroken. :( Frisco was my first rat, and he was the smartest and sweetest rat in the whole world, and he was so special. He turned exactly 2 1/2 years old the day before he died. The average lifespan of the rat. I'd always hoped that he would live longer. I am going to bury him beside Sara. I've lost three pets three months. Frisco was probably the most special to me. He taught me so much. :(

Desert Arabian
08-30-2004, 01:37 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Frisco. I am sure he knew he was well loved and cared for up to the end. RIP little Frisco.

(((HUGS)))

Laura

Aspen and Misty
08-30-2004, 01:43 PM
O my! I'm so sorry to hear about Frisco :( :(

The poor sweet boy, I know he knows how much you love him, he was a special rattie.

Ashley :(

popcornbird
08-30-2004, 01:44 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Jordan. :( {{{hugs}}} to you. RIP Frisco. :(

micki76
08-30-2004, 06:17 PM
Aw, Jordo, I'm so incredibly sorry, sweetie. :( So much heartache for you lately. :(

Karen
08-30-2004, 06:40 PM
Oh dear, poor you!

http://petoftheday.com/archive/2003/July/02.jpg (http://petoftheday.com/archive/2003/July/02.html)

Dear sweet Frisco, handsome rat of your heart, play nicely at the Rainbow Bridge dearie, and you'll always be in Momma's heart.

tikeyas_mom
08-30-2004, 10:21 PM
have fun at the RB Firsco, I know that your momma will be very sad without you here to give her your wonderful rattie kisses.
i am soooo sosososososo sorry jordan:(

manda_moo87
08-31-2004, 12:53 AM
Ohhh...so sorry to hear of your loss of dear Frisco. :(

slick
08-31-2004, 04:39 AM
Oh Jordan, I'm so so sorry for the lost of Frisco. You must be hearbroken.

Play happy at the RB Frisco, for now you are free of pain and your body is whole again. You were once a star as Pet of the Day and now you are a star in the heavens forever.

{{{HUGS}}} Jordan.

slick
xoxo

cloverfdx
08-31-2004, 11:44 AM
Jordan i posted in your LJ but i just wanted you to know how sorry i am :(.

Play hard at the bridge Frisco. RIP.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
09-02-2004, 01:07 AM
RIP Frisco... :(

wolfsoul
09-03-2004, 06:31 PM
Thanks everybody. I really miss him. I buried him next to Sara, up in the forest land that my grandpa owns. I start school next week, and I'm going to make him a tombstone in woodwork, like I made Sara's. I wanted Frisco to be cremated, but can you imagine that it costs $80 to cremate a rat? :( Thanks again everyone, I appreciate it.

GoldenRetrLuver
09-03-2004, 06:35 PM
Oh gosh, I'm so sorry I missed this, Jordan. :(

RIP Frisco.. have fun at the Rainbow Bridge. I remember when he was Pet Of The Day. :(

{{{hugs}}}

My Peanuts
09-10-2004, 12:32 PM
I'm sorry I missed this until now, Jordan. I'm so sorry :(

RIP Frisco :(

carla and mike
09-11-2004, 07:46 AM
Poor Frisco with all that pain.Sorry for your loss.:(